Saturday, May 8, 2010

The great matchbox & embellie swap!!!

It all started with Joanne over on dc asking for tips for treasure she could fit into a Smarties box for her little girl to take to school...you know, that project you find they need the night before they are due back at school after a weeks holiday..yikes...he he!

Well, crafters and stash addicts that we are, a number of us were delighted when Suzie Boo suggested we do our own swap. At first I thought...yummy...I get to 'empty' a box of Smarties in preparation for this challenge, but then it was decided that you really wouldnt fit many scrummy embellies into such a little box, so we plumped for a big fat matchbox...you know the sort....





Suzie paired us up and it was all systems go for the swap! Decorating the box was not compulsory...but who could resist?!? My swap partner was Gill, and here is the box I decorated and filled to bursting with bits and bobs...





It was such fun rootling around for beads and baubles, die cuts and so on...I hope you enjoy your box of treasures Gill!

Gill was very creative in decorating her matchbox for me - deconstructing it and making it open at the side with a lovely ribbon to tie it closed. I wish I'd though of that...lol!

Here is Gills wonderful creation and my scrummy new stash...





Thank you Gill!!!

And thank you Suzie Boo for organising us all - such a great idea and lots of fun! To see Suzies beautiful matchbox creations, visit her blog
HERE.

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Wow Sue! Bothe boxes are stunning and soooooo many goodies in them. Well done to you and Gill.
Sue xx

Carole said...

Both these boxes and contents are lovely Sue! Great swap - please may I add my thanks to Suzie Boo for organising this swap!

Carole xxx

SueB said...

OMG!!!! Sue this is just AMAZING!!!! I adore both what you and Gill have done, they are both just sooooo lovely!!! Thank you so much for joining in, I really enjoyed organising the swap and taking part too :)
Suzie xxxxx :)