....I think I am still having difficulties coming to terms with the nature of my last post...you know, the one that seems to imply that one day, in the not too distant future...I am going to have to locate the bloody ironing board.....and USE IT...good grief!
Since that post, I have been repeatedly washing and tumbling...yes, you hear me you naughty blouse making people....TUMBLING the one shirt in the hope that the fabric will indeed soften and that the wrinkles (of which there are sadly very many...ggrrrrr!!!) will fall out all by themselves - and do you know what, I cannot possibly return to work until this matter is resolved! Why the doc would not put 'untreatable stress at the thought of ironing' on my sick note, I really do not know...surely this is an entirely legitimate reason to wangle some 'crafting leave'!!! Evidently it is not, so I have had to come up with other strategies to achieve my annual crafting leave lol! Im afraid that I am unable to elaborate further on those strategies until I have had some 'courageous conversations' - probably later this week....and I didnt even get to go on the courageous conversation course...eeeek!!!!
Suffice to say at this point that I continue to have a jippy hip! Being the most lazy person in the world, my recent weeks of lounging around have not been too difficult I suppose and in fact, things have been made even more cosy since the arrival of a new flannel bedding set - QVC Northern Nights...I thoroughly recommend it! Stripping the old bedding off was a bit of a trial of course, but I saved 'the best bit', ie: getting the duvet into the duvet cover for my sister to do...ha ha ha! She did state in no uncertain terms that I was now taking 'playing on my incapacitated state' way too far...he he...but she did the deed without much growling at all....thank you Carol! However, she has warned me, that no way on this Earth will she be feeding my kitties if I continue to give them Felix out of a can as it makes her gag... and if such assistance becomes necessary, it will be dry food or they can starve for all she cares! And she is an animal lover too lol! No worries...I have purchased bags of dry food just in case!
Odds and ends of crafting have been done - I might even get some piccies on here soon, only I keep starting things then getting bored with them so start something else. I dont think a slide show of half finished projects would be that inspiring really would it! More than that, I dont think I have enough gigabytes on the pc to actually feature ALL of my half done projects!
Ah well, there's a little update for you and now its time to harvest some crops, feed the pigs and shove some MP3 players on me shelves...oh, its all go here!
Special sparkles go to the office chicks, who...not only have to do my zapping but also have a pile of the ghastly 'i' word to do each week too!
Big hugs all round! Sue x
Thursday / Friday Post - FFO and AFFF
1 year ago





9 comments:
Oh Sue! What can I say? It's the night before the funeral here and I've just read your lovely email.
Hugs, sparkles and prayers to you.
Sue. xx
Hope you get those conversations soon, keep warm, keep your kitties happy and s*d the uniforms, Now I know why your sis comes every Sunday - she has to change your duvet covers! Lots of hugs and sparkles!
So glad to hear that you're not wearying on your continued crafting leave Sue!!
Thank you so much for the gorgeous birthday card. Have been a bit busy myself with OH being put on male equivalent of crafting leave after a weekend in hospital!!
Will be thinking of you and your courageous conversation later this week.
Gillxxx
sue sending you tons of sparkles, hugs...xxxx
maria xxxxxxx
Good to see you back Sue & me thinks I should come do your ironing as promised mind you we will have to come up with a plan for the future:)
The stiffness in the blouses that is LOL!!! takes forever to soften and has not yet on mine or the chicks so one for me to work on.
Lookin forward to your slide shows as you always make us girls smile :)
Well got to go to Spinney Hill to pay a footie fine God knows where that is so Thank God the limo has SAT NAV might end up somewhere lol
Sending oodles of sparkles and hugs from Lesley,Graybags & Jelly Bean ^.^xxxxxxx
PS Makin Chrimbo cards- Festive Frolics you will be so proud of me xxxx
Sue stop the tumbling!!! Just wash it hang it on a hanger or clothes horse it hardly needs the 'i' word at all. Mind you with all the creases you've heated in it might need alot of the 'i'word to start with lol. Seeing as I have 8 to do (mine and Peters....who sometimes does do his own I admit) I have found this is the best solution so far if I can't get them dry on the line. The aprons are another matter!! They need lots of the 'i' word and are already looking alittle jaded, however I'm informed that we are having nice bright red ones again for christmas....I'm sure we can dispatch one to you so you don't feel left out of the festivities what do you think Les? Peter was over-joyed at this piece of information lol. He still keeps calling himself Granville!!!
Well having been up at 5.15am to do the early morning zapping..... I don't know how you do it 4 days a week...after scraping the car too.... I'm off for a little nap,
Sending sparkles and love Lee xxx
Sue I must just make clear that I had to scrape the ice of my car not that I have scrapped the car whilst driving it LOL xxx
Send your girls up to me Sue if your sis can't stand to feed them...dry food...wet food - it's all the same to me, & I'm sure they appreciate your new bedding - lots of 'padding' going on I bet.
Fingers crossed for your courageous conversation....Mgt.x
Great to see you have managed to blog, we do miss it as it always makes us laugh.
I have been spending on stash today at colemans in Towcester, a bumper xmas pack reduced to 9.99!!! I can see the pride on your face now lol. But what do I do with shimmer chalk!? It came in the pack with lots of other great goodies, I think I need some advice google will have the answer hehe!
Good luck with your courageous conversations, will be thinking of you as always
lots of hugs
Ellaxx
Post a Comment