Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lets end the week on a high...

...in more ways than one but thats by-the-by lol!

As I sit here at the pc on my big fat pillow, which is doing a very good job of cushioning my big fat bum, I am reflecting on the week that was and am luxuriating in how cosy I am feeling compared to just a few days ago...aaaahhh!

As reported, whenever it was I last reported (I have totally lost track of days!), my body was getting over the chemical warfare of Monday and I was feeling a whole lot better. Well, on Friday I had a surprise visit from my 'baby' Tom, his girlfriend Roz and not forgetting Marley the pooch and I had the most lovely day! Tom has recently started a horticultural course at Moulton College which isnt so far from here, and he had a test on Friday so decided to drop in on his dear old Mum...aw! Here is is showing off his shiny new overalls, and what a proud Mummy I am:



and Tom & his lovely Roz:



We had a wonderful afternoon nattering about this and that, doing the puzzles in the newspaper and generally chilling out. Even Bubbles and Marley came close to making friends, though Daisy ran for cover until the coast was once again clear! I felt so relaxed and comfy, and it was just so nice to have a fix of cheerfulness, as opposed to a certain person shouting at the tv or grumbling about all the doom and gloom in the paper...sigh! It was good to have my boy raiding the fridge while his Roz made me a cuppa...what a treat to have a cuppa made for ME! Then Carol arrived and between them they ate all my chocolate peanuts, but hey...it was worth the sacrifice for such a fun day which did wonders for me on so many levels!

Even when they all went home and I returned to the living room and the 'tv abuse', I could zone it out and carry on my relaxing while I caught up with all my bits and bobs on facebook....oh, so many crops waiting to be harvested and pigs to be fed! I didnt go to bed until about 5.45 am....I didnt want the day to end as it had been such a nice one, and I know this all sounds so cheesy, but sometimes it takes a GOOD day to come along to make you realise just how crappy a lot of the other ones have been recently and make you want to get yourself a few more of the good ones!

And this will tell just how much it perked me up - I found myself able to toddle along to cuttingedge in the wee small hours and do some stash shopping...yay lol! It had been so long, I bet cuttingedge had missed me and I bet profits were down! And theres more...I actually found my way to the emporium today and did a little crafting! I got back to playing with the pretty little wreath that I am making and really enjoyed myself - I might actually finish it soon so that I can show it off to you.

Of course there are one or two other things that have helped bring my good feelings about. One being that I might just have got my meds dose right to keep me really comfy when I am sitting, and even in my bed (as long as I dont try to turn over!) The walking is still hellish, although not AS hellish, and Ive decided that the radiotherapy is just going to have to deal with that. Im adapting to the meds too, and am suffering less of the sleepiness so am getting the good bits without the bad - it all helps. Then most of all, are all those sparkles that are beaming their way to me - never underestimate the power of a sparkle!

I am very much making the most of these good days as this coming week will bring goodness knows what! On Monday my ovaries will be being 'chemically de-activated' he he...and as far as I am aware, the side-effects I can 'look forward to' with that are pretty much those associated with the menopause, ie: hot flushes and mood swings...poor poor Dad lol! Then of course Wednesday will be zappity zap zapping! I understand the side-effects of that (if I get any...but whats the betting?!?) will accumulate during the days of treatment and beyond, and involve a lot of running to the loo with dodgy bowels and possibly cystitis...oh joy! Lets just hope that I do actually re-gain the ability to RUN to the loo in the process he...yikes! Things could get very tricky there!!! However, whatever transpires, it will all be in a good cause as it will all be working its magic to make me better....hang onto that thought Sue!!! And you lot can remind me of that thought too if I come along here in a state of (as Gina puts it) on my nose! lol!

Before I toddle off I have a couple of random photos to share with you. Firstly, here is a gorgeous ceramic cupcake that I found in Wilkinsons...



Perfect for little trinkets or crafty bits and bobs - in fact its a really nice size and Im sure it was less than £2 - a bargain, and Im sure you ALL need one of those!

The other, very random, photo is of my eldest son Joe when he visited recently...and decided to 'entertain' the neighbours by practicing his flute in the garden...



Not exactly dressed for the Albert Hall there are you Joe, and Im not even showing your ODD socks, but hey...good on him teaching himself this that and the rest!

And finally (at last say my readers!), on the 12th of this month it was my dear old Dads 80th birthday (I do love him really!) Celebrations were always going to be difficult as he really doesnt like leaving the house for any length of time and certainly didnt want any fuss. In addition to this - this was when I was in the 'secretive' stage of my little situation and sadly I was unable to involve my boys in anything really as I couldnt face them at that time...lots of regrets about that but its just one of those things.

Well, on the evening of Dads birthday, my sister miraculously persuaded him to indeed leave the house and we went out for a nice meal. Here are a few snaps from the big event:

You can just about see Dad here sitting behind his cupcakes complete with 80 candles...



...and just after he blew them out (all on his own!)



...and a piccie of the family



From left to right we have: Sam Ben Jack (my sisters triplets), Anne & Keith (my bro), me, Dad, Carol (sis) & Russ.

And there you have it, I think I am all caught up....phew! Thank you so much for popping by, and if you have got down this far.....welldone you!

Here's to a lovely Sunday - it will the crossy for me and Carol.....and a trip down the sweetshop to replace those chocolate peanuts!

Big hugs, Sue xxx

7 comments:

SusieJ said...

What a wonderful positive post Sue! Congrats to your Dad on reaching 80.
Some fab photos too - how does your sis deal with 3 teenagers (and how did you come to that?) - 1 was enough for me!lol
More sparkles and hugs winging their way to you.
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

lovely pieces of news there sue, with the stash buying, you feeling comfy sitting down and in bed (as long as you don't roll over, lol)... and feeling positive with the forth coming treatment, don't forget you will be covered with sparkles so you should sail through it, hugs... (don't your sister look like you, poor love, lol)...

maria xx

CoventryAnn said...

Lovely to hear you so perky Sue, and that photo of your Dad needs scrapbooking with a title about fire hazards!!!!
Great to know you are craft shopping too, I've missed my inspiration to spend :)

Carole said...

Hi Sue

Just a little comment to accompany the next bucketful of sparklies heading up country from the south coast to you! So glad things are beginning to look up - they must be if stash buying has been resumed - YAY!!!

Looking forward to seeing your wreath when you are ready to reveal it, and I will be thinking about you this coming week.

Lots of hugs and a few more sparkles

Carole xxx

jackie(worcs) said...

Lovely to read such a happy post.
I think I NEED a ceramic cupcake - very non-fattening... ;-)
Jackie :-) x

Anonymous said...

Love all the piccys! And the happy post! Keep your pecker up!!! Love CCx

dottygin said...

well fancy pinching my nose sue, mind you its big enough for both of us. lol lol its called the cornish snout.
lots and lots of sparkles for more good days sue, your an amazing lady and an amazing friend and you can do this, and beat the little bugger. glad to see your ordering again, its a start and well done on finishing your wreath. your boys are so handsome, if only i was 5 years younger. i know and the rest. lol hugs gina xxxxxxxxxxx