
Its taken me a couple of days to blog this event...I have been in shock, and am now nursing some nasty bruises!
It was a Monday morning and all was well - well, well'ish....I was utterly pooped from a night out with the Waitrose guys - more about that later...depending on how much ransom money I get paid (or not) for 'the photos'! I knew I was down to fumes petrol wise, and had to get to work on probably ungritted icy roads and I was out of de-icer, but thats all by-the-by...
Anyhoo..I got up real early...to upload and print above mentioned photos (I could do with some Christmas cash pronto!) and made my cuppa while the pc booted up...a normal morning so far.
I was just saying good morning to the docrafts girls, when all hell broke loose! Daisy - the minx of a kitty, decided that it had been way too cold and snowy to have her wee out in the garden and promptly jumped over the printer (and much other crap), behind the desk..to do her business....ON THE 6-WAY PLUG EXTENSION!!! Having seen her scoot there, I was already batting the area with packets of photo paper...it was all I had to hand, to shoo her out, when there was this horrid noise (SO horrid!)....AND a smell of burning! OMG OMG OMG thinks (ok..shouts) me, and Im screaming for Daisy to get the hell out of there, trying to reach through to her and struggling to get the sodding plugs out of the wall. Eventually I get to the plugs...and thank all that is holy that I stopped that ghastly noise, but there is no sign of the darned cat....and all I hear is silence....aaagggggh! I am convinced, as certain as certain can be that poor Daisy is burnt to a crisp behind the desk, oh how distraught can a person be!
I cant face this at all so I rush up the stairs, bash on my Dads door..."wake up wake up...Daisy has electrocuted herself and is stuck behind the desk". Can you imagine getting a wake up call like that??? The poor man shuffles down the stairs and proceeds to pull all the junk out from under the desk to search out the burnt offering that is Daisy...but he sees nothing. "Of course you cant see anything, because there isnt enough for you to see" screeches me! I am somewhat hysterical by this point...I just thought I'd mention that! But even with two torches, he says...she's not there...not even a bit of a tail or anything...so we begin searching the house - me, expecting her to be smouldering in a corner somewhere. But no, there she sits, with not so much as a singed whisker, on my bedroom windowsill....phew!!! "Ive found her Dad, but she wont come near me" says me..."Of course she wont, because you've frightened the f'ing life out of her" says he...and he grumpily goes back to bed!
Me...Im up way too early, with the pc corner looking like a bomb has hit it, so what more can I do but sit staring into space as if in some catatonic state for an hour, until its time to get ready for work.....via the nearest petrol station as I dont need to be running out of petrol to complete my morning!
Mostly I was in tears - until I was about three quarters of the way to work when I burst into hysterical laughter and thought to myself, did all that really happen, or was it some kind of nightmare?!?
Here we are, two days later...the bruises are coming out, but at least the shock is wearing off...just! Dad has forgiven me (he deserves a medal), since he tested out the plug thingy and it nigh on caught fire - he then knew I hadnt made the whole thing up! Daisy however took a little longer.....!

Sue x
ps: Still no Christmas shopping done....maybe tomorrow!





5 comments:
Poor you and Daisy, she looks so innocent!!! Hope you have got over the shock by now and are feeling better. Big hugs, Valerie
OMG! What an experience. Sparkly hugs for you and poor Daisy.
Sue xx
Awwww Sue I am not surprised you were in shock, it was an awful thing to happen and very scary!
Jackie x x x
you poor things, well poor you as daisy was ok. know doubt with a grin on her face at you running around half demented.
you can see the funny side of it after a few hours, then it hits you how lucky the two of you were.
lots of sparkles for your bruises.
hugs gina xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
oh Sue what a fright, poor Daisy and you and your Dad, so pleased everyone is alright and can enjoy Christmas, Jan xx
Post a Comment