Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Farewell to Craftin' Crazy :(

Crafty club this evening, and once again there were only 5 crafty folk there...not enough to even cover the rent on the hall, let alone the tea and biccies. So sadly, it was decided to close down our little club...such a shame.

At one time there were about 20 of us, lots of crafting and even more chatter. Such lovely ladies full of inspiration...I wonder where you all went???

I want to thank Babs and Anya for getting the club going in the first place...was that really two years ago??? I think it was. Babs, Cheryl and Leigh-An - you did your best to keep it going, but 'they' all abandoned us. However, hundreds of pounds was raised for Clic Sargent, in memory of Babs' little angel Naomi, and with new friendships made, it was a very worthwhile couple of years.

I will surely miss our monthly get-togethers, but I know we will find other ways of getting together - to craft and to spend lol!

But hey, on the upside...I won the final raffle prize!



LOL!

I actually did some crafting this evening too! I added a title to the beer mat album...and a few gems, but it needs more so I will have a play tomorrow and hopefully pop my first two favourite fives in...then I will unveil it!

Oh, and I made more bread.....hooray, it worked out this time! What a difference it makes when one reads the recipe properly eh!

Sweet dreams all, and have a wonderful Wednesday...with lots of sparkles going to my office chicks as its promo changeover today...and Im not there!!!! My feet are very happy about that!

Sue x

4 comments:

dottygin said...

thats a pity sue, having to close down like that.
you will all have to meet up once a month at colemans, now that is a real bug to bare. surrounded by all those crafting goodies. lol
gina xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue hope you didn't wake up in a cold sweat thinking you were late for promo change over LOL.....poor Lucy got roped in instead of you then and she's supposed to have left the building and be heading for her suitcase and Brazil!!!!
Glad the bread turned out ok this time...we have just started to use our maker again its smells wonderful dosn't it.
Anyway continue to enjoy your week and be back ready to enjoy the celebrations on Thurs when "Aunty Lynn" leaves as for her well earned retirement.

Hugs Lee xxxx

SusieJ said...

Sorry to hear that Sue - but I'm sure you'll find ways of getting together.
Well done on missing promo changeover (will have to nip into W to check out the new ones!lol.)
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

Oh sue, how sad about the club, cannot believe it's 2 yeas when babs and anya started it, hugs to them...

oh well looks like a monthly trip to colemans is on the card without fail now, lol...

maria x