
So Im slobbing on the sofa this evening, once again nursing the head from hell...just when I thought I'd seen it off after getting through a months worth of magic pills in a fortnight....when my Dad says to me "You havent noticed then?" "Noticed what" says me not having the oomph to look around the room for any sudden lack of horse brasses or whatever, and then he confesses the greatest sin of all..."I put an energy saving light bulb in the lamp a couple of weeks ago, and you didnt notice" !!!
Aaaagggghhhhhh!
I am rendered speechless at this point, and keep my thoughts to myself as, well, my loathing of those hideous bulbs might not really be that rational...but do you know what??? Dad toddles off to bed, I switch the hideous 'pandering to the global warming crowd' lamp off [I have serious doubts about all that myself...if the globe didnt warm up, we would still be living in an ice age yes...oh, hang on a minute, I think we are!]....and within the hour, my headache has gone!!! So there you are, my scientific study of 1 proves the point - energy saving light bulbs are the work of the devil!!! Shopping tomorrow - out goes 'it' and into the trolley, a life-long supply of proper bulbs...seeing as they are being banned soon, therefore sentencing me and other poor migraine sufferers to heads from hell for ever more!
Anyway, rant over...I am now able to blog recent events and crafty happenings, phew!
Firstly I would like to wish a very Happy Retirement to office chick Lynn, our cash office queen. We celebrated her last day with lots of giggles and a delicious cake made by none other than Lesley...yay!
Here we have the office chicks minus Ella who was still struggling into work (bad road day that day!) Barb, Lee, Lynn, me and Lesley....your cake was GORGEOUS Lesley!
Crafty-wise, I made a wee little birdie to hang in my emporium:
I got the template from the latest copy of Crafts Beautiful, and think I might have a flock of them before long, they are so sweet and a great way to show off lots of pretty papers!
Then, at last...I finished constructing THE calendar!
I am making this 2011 Calendar following a challenge from Tania on her lovely
blog , who will set a theme each month from which we make a page. I have to confess to not quite sticking to your remit Tania, I was okay with snow for January...no problem with that at all, but a Roman slant to Valentines went west once I was rootling through my stash and came upon such lovely flowers, and pink...and other fluffy things lol!
I decided to do something a little different after seeing this project on the BIA blog...and you can find instructions here if you fancy a go yourselves. It would make a nice stand for general pages or cards - a novel way to display them I think.
I couldnt find blank calendar templates that were quite what I needed, so I made my own on the pc and printed them out. Im writing the numbers in by hand - a bit tatty, but its the home-crafting look eh!
Im really pleased with how its turned out so far, and cant wait for the next theme to work with. Meanwhile, Im giving myself blisters cutting out the page shapes from thick card in readiness....Im thinking we need a BIGGER sizzix machine lol!
Anyway, Ive made a little slide-show with some close-ups, and would like to thank the girls on dc who have left such lovely comments on my calendar already!
Ahhh...I can relax now, having caught up with some blogging and having (hopefully) solved the problem of the killer head!
Sweet dreams all!
Sue x





10 comments:
Fabulous calendar Sue - I'm behind on this (my usual state lol!).
Interesting about the low energy lightbulbs (love your description of the "global warming" lobby!). We have odd ones about the house and I've been headaches too - far more than normal- so shall conduct my own research to complement yours - perhaps they'll publish us in a scientific journal!!
Sue xx
Oh poor Sue! Sorry to hear about all those nasty heads! Do you really think the (dare I say it) bulbs in question, are to blame? they can be pretty dim can't they.
My mum and dad have one in their bathroom and it takes ages to warm up and even show a glimmer of light, but I have some which are fine, but agree the light is slightly different, poor Sue! Darn those blinkin bulbs!
On a happier note, your little birdies are just soooooo cute!!! And as for those stunning calander pages, Wowsers!!!
They all look wonderful Sue!
How's the emporium looking these days Sue, is it all finished? can we have some recent pics? I think your gallery only shows it half full, and knowing how much YOU LOVE YOUR STASH! would think it's pretty packed now and looking nice and full, lol!
Come of Sue, lets see that yummy craft room again!
Suzie xxxxx :)
Grrr! for energy-saving light bulbs.
Glad the culprit has been discovered.
Your Calendar is beautiful Sue - a real work of art.....Mgt.x
Sue your right about the new energy saving bulb they flicker at a rate our brains pick up but not our eyes. Also I aam worried about contents of the bulbs and disposale of them correctly
fab calendar nice to see how you got the wire in the middle:)
Nice to see you blogging again and glad you got to the bottom of your awful headaches
I love your calendar and that birdie Sue. I did see on TV a few weeks ago about energy bulbs causing migraines - let's hope you have found the cure now - and has your Dad noticed you've changed it?! x
Glad you have seen the light, hope your dad sees it,too. Love all your pretty things, too.
Sue this is a gorgeous calender and a BRILLIANT idea, thanks for pointing me in the direction to have a go, A got my bia two christmases ago and have never used it so this will be my first projects, i love it x
Ohh Sue what fabulous calender pages they are amazing....
Glad the headaches are gone bless ya...
we need to do a bulb campaign if they are causing so much grief!!!
Your blog as always is entertaining & Lynn's feature was fabulous also.
Take care Miss Bubbles & Sweet Dreams :) Lesley xxxxxx
Love your calendar and that bird is just too cute for words Sue! Fab! x
fab calender and what a cute birdie sue...
and so pleased you've found the cause of your bad heads...
maria x
Post a Comment