Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Happy Anniversary....and a reprieve from the naughty step!

Wishing my sister Carol and her hubby a very Happy Anniversary!



I have to confess that I did ponder on the notion of nipping down the shop for a card, but I was severely reprimanded by Jenni on the dc forum...AND threatened with the naughty step - so I headed for the emporium quick sharp and created this card. Hooray for Sizzix dies bought in the sale, and my lovely Martha Stewart corner punch - my card came together nicely without me throwing my dummy out of the pram, not even once!

Its nice to be getting busy in the emporium since those darned headaches buggered off - its awful how they suck all the inspiration out of me! But no...they are gone, and Im a busy little bee. I also made my atc for the February swap - but that is a secret project until Fiona has received it. Ive been chopping up my photos for my Christmas album...but my, there are hundreds of them so Im at a loss how to approach that particular project just now - I guess I will ponder on that a little longer.

I have to share with you my cute felt bags from Waitrose, they are so adorable! I know a few of you on dc have drooled over them, but another peep wont hurt eh....



This is a rectangular one with grass and tulips - I believe it is supposed to be for the wee ones to collect up their Easter eggs in, but as soon as I saw it, I envisaged ribbons...lots of ribbons!

Meanwhile, look who is living inside...



Having bought that one early in the week, my eyes kept resting on the other option sitting on the shelf....I ummed and ahhed - I cant imagine why, as once it came to live with me by the end of the week, I think I loved it more than the first one!



Isnt it pretty! Cute fluffy sheep thinks so too!



I think blooms will look nice in this one!

So Sunday has come around again...Valentines Day and a special day for all you sweethearts out there - I hope you ladies will be spoilt rotten!

Sis will likely send her OH out fishing, while she spends her anniversary with me...doing what we do best...



The crossy...with plenty of tea/coffee drinking and hopefully lots of chocolate too!

Have a wonderful day you all!
Sue x

11 comments:

tea_bag said...

Now that card is much nicer than any you would buy I am sure they will love it Love your baskets and that sheep is yummy hugs alma xx

Unknown said...

Aww the felt bags are super cute and the sheep is adorable!! Great anniversary card, I've just uploaded one for my parents!

SusieJ said...

Great card Sue - see you can make cards!lol
Loving those baskets (and the sheep)- haven't seen them yet in our Waitrose but will be on the lookout!
Enjoy your crosswords.
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

Oh love the bags and the little sheep, so cute...

and WOW what a great card, you did well sue and no naughty step too...

hope you had a good time with sis...

maria xx

Foxcraft said...

I love your card Sue, it's fab! I've been too busy knitting to have fun making cards etc recently but I have made something decidedly funky this week .... pop over and have a look!

xxxx Caz

Anonymous said...

Sue I knew you'd buy them both in the end!! We must stop standing in front of the Easter display you'll be buying it all otherwise....mind you the set of boxes shaped like eggs are nice!!

As I won't see you this morning hope the dreaded promo went ok and that you've done it all before I get in so I can have an easy afternoon and evening LOL.

Love and sparkles Lee xxx

sue-bubbles said...

Oh yes Lee, those egg-shaped boxes are calling to me..lol!
Tickets zapped, old woofs woofs taken off, new woof woofs to be checked...they were still doing them!
Sue x

cannycrafter said...

Love that card Sue, you see those dies were absolutely necessary! Lol!

dottygin said...

gorgeous card sue, i bet your sister loved it.
love your felt bags, they are so cute.
gina xxxx

jan said...

lovely card Sue, and lovely baskets, cute sheep too, Jan x

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Wow! I'm loving those delicious felt bags! and Your card is really beautiful! I'm so glad that you didn't buy a shop one!