Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nips tucks and other highlights...and lowlights... of my week!

Farewell w/c 9th May...and dont come back! lol!
What a week...starting with yet more shuffling around on a dodgy hip which of course, as predicted, was just fine and dandy on the day I was due at the quacks...sigh! Actually, I made sure I strided about during the morning at work...just to set it off, and then the drive did kind of finish it off...so the doc could see my discomfort just by looking at me! A big hooray, the x-rays I had some time ago had come back all clear...no lingering nasties, so the diagnosis was indeed a sciatica type of thing, which was flaring up creating nasty spasms. More pills to add to the colourful array I already have...which was preferable to the physio therapy I was offered...geez, no thanks - I didnt walk for two days after the last session!
Anyway, the pills (and the TENS machine I kind of got sucked into buying in the chemist waiting for the pills) seem to have done the trick - I can at least walk without limping....for now anyway!

The highlights of my week were all the election shenanigans...I did enjoy all the 'will he wont he'....and 'thank goodness...HE's gone!' Im feeling quite positive about the new set up personally, they dont dare let us down (or do they....mmmmm?!?)
And then came the main event of the week.....my next appointment with my wonderful plastic surgeon Mr V after I walked out in a huff last time...

Once again Dad insists that he will wait for me...sigh...but thankfully we were sent to a much nicer bit of the hospital which had a tv on for him to watch...and more comfy chairs.

For me, not such a long wait and before I knew it I was lying on my side covered in sheets, with a nice little man keeping me company at the head end giving me a blow by blow account of what was happening...yikes! I have to say, for an area that has been quite numb since my original ops, it decided to be somewhat un-numb on Thursday...tut...leading me to beg for more and more local anaesthetic! As it was I could still feel lots of pulling about which was very weird, and almost every stitch, although not painful - and I was so glad when it was all over!!!

Im glad to report that the wound areas are not painful...as long as I dont stretch too much, and Im avoiding laying on that side just now, but thats okay. I felt rather wretched this morning but I think that was all these blooming meds...and the thought of going shopping today - as you all know - not my most favourite pastime, and today my fears were realised!!! Having asked Dad specifically to take things easy on the drive, seeing as I was in a fragile state, what does he go and do but back into the garage wall across the road...aaagggghhh! In the event, I was okay with that...which is more than can be said for the car!!! I thought to myself, OMG...we havent even got out of the close and he's already gouged chunks out of the car, but thankfully noone or nothing got in his way after that...because of course, it was the WALLs fault!

Once the shopping was done, packed away and I got a cuppa down me, I made my escape and went to visit the lovely Babs. It was great to have a good natter and lots of giggles...and generally get away from it all!

I was SO glad to get home though and look forward to a weekend of doing NOTHING! Well, hopefully not nothing...I would like to think I might find my mojo lurking around here somewhere and feel the urge to craft.

But the week is over....and hip hip hooray for that (excuse the pun..lol!)

Before I sign off, a few special sparkle deliveries....for Valerie and Gina - I hope you will both be feeling a lot better soon, for Tracy who will be meeting her little Daisy Ann very very soon, and for Maria - I hope Steven loves his new room!

Nighty night, and a great weekend to you all!
Sue x

9 comments:

DGgirl said...

Goodness Sue, when you see your week actually written out I'm not surprised you're glad to see the back of it (no pun intended). Hope you find your mojo lurking in a pile of stash.

Have a lovely weekend.

Gillx

SusieJ said...

Have a nice restful weekend Sue - and hope your mojo appears.
I too am "quietly confident" the new Gov. will work - at least "he's" gone!
ROFL at the wall - fancy it hitting your car!
Hugs,
Sue xx

Carole said...

Bless you! Your week does sound pretty rotten, but it's over now TG. Go to your Emporium and have a play, that is bound to cheer you up!
**Sparkles for your stitches**

Carole x

Hi it's Maria said...

can see why you're pleased to see the week out sue, and it can only get better (can't it, lol, well it cannot get any worse, lol)...

steven seems to like he's room I will see if the pics came out and blog them for you...

maria x

Anonymous said...

Oh sue, what a week, good grief it I weren't tired enough before I am now! Now the thing I've learnt with walls is this: With women driving they stay where they are and the car misses them, but when men drive the walls have legs and move as does hedges and concrete blocks and infact all inanimate objects...the idea is just to pass it off with an oh that moved never knew it was there before and save the man's ego it'll be easier for all concerned that way.

how is the car anyway?

Anonymous said...

OMG Sue what a week good for you that it's over and onto a new one :)x
I am glad all went well with Mr V and soooo sorry about the car but it's a blip and it can be repaired so onwards to some lovely Miss Bubbles crafting.......
Looking forward to a cup of tea & catch up on Monday oh and cake yum... need to get some CDM your favourite lol!
Plus the LB project is ready for inspection ;) xxx
Sending you lot's of apprentice pink sparkles and hugs too love Lesley xxx

SueB said...

OMG! Poor Sue, what a week! you must feel totally exhausted!!!

I'm so pleased your ordeal at the hospital is now over Sue, and hip hip horray to your all clear
X-rays!! That is brilliant news!

I'd glad the tens machine and pills are starting to do the trick on your hip too :)

Sue, would you and your Dad consider on-line food shopping? You know how those blinkin walls and round-a-bouts keep getting in the way, lol!

A friend has just recommended shopping through mysupermarket.co.uk, it is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They compare four major supermarket prices as you shop, and guess who comes out the cheapest? Ocado!!!

I have the first three months delivery free, had £15 off my very first shop plus a free bottle of wine worth £8.99! I am saving loads of money and hassel!!!

A bit of a faf to set up, but it's sooooooo worth it once you're there. Just think Sue, no more hairy and scary car trips for you and your Dad, it's worth a thought Sue, and remember it would give you more time to spend in your fab emporium.

I'm sure your mo is in there somewhere, try checking in your ribbon jars, lol!

Glad your horrible week is over Sue, let's hope this is a good one!

Suzie xxxxx :)

Valerie-Jael said...

What a week! I think we could fill up a hospital ward between us on the forum, with all specialities on offer! Thanks for the sparkles! Perhaps you could have that wall that followed your Dad removed??

tea_bag said...

Oh yes I can see why you are glad to see the back of that week I too feel a little more confident in our new gov Sparkles for you sore bits(((hugs))) alma xx