Thursday, May 20, 2010

OK...time to 'fess up!

Despite being the very lucky owner of my own crafty emporium (titivated spare room!), which is full to bursting with pretty papers, enough embellishments to sink a battleship (or 3), a button collection which would make the Pearly King AND his Queen green with envy.........I BOUGHT my son Joe a birthday card!


It was a very very cute card....








Aw...just look at that little piggy with his sparkly snout!!!

But before you all banish me to the naughty step, I did have plans for this card...it would not fall on Joes mat without some lovingly handcrafted enhancement. But to set the scene, when my Joe was a nipper he drew me a wonderful picture of flying pigs and wrote a little poem, it started off:

If pigs could fly, I'd fly a pig
To far away places, small and big!


Bless him...and thereafter, flying pigs have always been a special thing between us, and one even features on Joe & Kates 'coat of arms' (more about that another time!)

So......with a little adaptation of a butterfly die-cut, and the addition of some sparkly pink stickles, I came up with this:



Ha ha ha...I hope you loved it Joe as much as I enjoyed 'creating' it!

(We will draw a veil over the fact that is arrived with you about a week late though eh Joe!)

Being late with my projects for May has been the order of the day Im afraid, with my calendar page for Kate destined for just a fortnights viewing before Junes' page will be due...ooops! I was going to theme it around the election (if only I could draw like you Kate!), but then figured we had all had about as much as we could take of that, so I went in a completely different direction and made a 'joyful' page...

Here we have inked up doillies, oodles of flowers with brads and pearls, nice sayings from my K&Company big box of goodies, some lace along the bottom, one of the cute little owls that Kate bagged for me some time ago...so sweet, and to finish...a coating of rock candy crackle glaze here and there. I love that stuff and am on my second jar!!!


I would promise to be on time with my June page, but I think I promise that every time...then life kinda gets in the way....I will do my best though Kate, seeing as you have sent me May and June (show off...lol!) Both are gorgeous - I will photo them for a future blog post, thank you Kate!

So, after the crappy week I had last week, how has this week been you might ask?!? Well, it started off with a funeral on Monday :( Obviously a very sad day, bidding farewell to my brothers mother-in-law Jean who was a lovely lady in every way. But it was such a beautiful service in fact, that it was so much more a celebration of Jeans life than a deeply sad occasion. Everyone has such fond memories of her, and in that way people are alive in our hearts forever arent they :)

From then on however, my week has been pretty good...no nasty incidents - well, as long as we discount the calming down of my boys I had to do after Lee caused panic on Facebook about 'car accidents and hospitals' that is...he he! My boys dont read my blog Lee, they wondered what the heck had gone on! At first I thought...aw bless, at least it shows they care and were worried about me...but since then its occurred to me - they didnt actually pick up the phone, or rush round with flowers and choccies - they simply left a message on Facebook expressing their shock and horror, and hoped I was okay! Ah well...thats the modern way I guess! lol!

My happy hip pills have done wonders Im glad to say! I still end up limping after some heavy zapping, but at the moment its not painful....and I can walk...hooray!

My other body parts which were nipped and tucked last week are doing okay - I think?!? I will be seeing a nurse tomorrow who will remove my tapes and at last I will see just how neat Mr V's embroidery is! I do think the lack of pain is a sign of a good stitcher so Im hopeful of a good result, although I will be nervous about having no dressings on - thats always the difficult bit at first!

Some bumper sparkle deliveries required this week - for Gina & Valerie, Fi and Doodles - lots of healing ones for you my lovelies!

AND....Daisy Ann, our docrafts niece has arrived!!! Welldone and congratulations to Tracy and Darren on the arrival of your beautiful baby daughter! Daisy Ann is a little poorly at the moment but she is getting stronger every day - the power of sparkles (and the wonderful nurses) are doing wonders! Welcome to the world little one, from your Auntie Sue Bubbles!!!

So my week ends on a high....well maybe, maybe not - its shopping day tomorrow....aaagggghhh!

Have a great weekend folks!
Sue x

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Loving this post Sue. That card looks brill. (think we can forgive you for buying one this time!lol). My Mum and I had a thing about flying pigs too.
Pleased your pills are doing the trick and hope you get through your "shopping ordeal" unscathed.
Your boys are typical of their generation - finally made contact with mine yesterday to be told - "I'm revising, can't talk now"! At least I know he's OK!
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Sue that card is perfect I totally love it! Why must you post AFTER I've done my bedtime reading though?

Hi it's Maria said...

great card sue, and love the calender page...

sending you tons of sparkles for your hip, but pleased the tablets are working...

hugs
maria xx