WOW its been a hot one today hasnt it! Well....when I say today, I really couldnt comment on the morning, on account of not seeing it...oops! It seems the happy hippy pill that I took yesterday had extra-strength drowsy powers and zonked me out. I didnt slither out of my nest until about quarter to one, which would be okay seeing as I didnt have work today, only I DID have an appointment with the nurse at ten past - yikes!
So I says to Dad...'why didnt you wake me, my appointment is in a minute?' Dad - 'I didnt know you had an appointment today' Uh?...he was there when I made it just yesterday....doh! It was a very hurried flick of the flannel and a quick slurp of tea for me, then a fast drive (probably still under the influence of said happy pill!) to the docs. Phew...I made it in time, only to be kept waiting while the nurses gossiped about nothing in particular...gggrrrr!
However, my nurse was very lovely to me so I will let her off. She started by peeling away my tapes slowly....yow...so I said, just rip them off fast, it will be easier (and quicker) that way ...and it was, with the pain being much shorter lived. She said my wounds look beautiful (?), very neat and healing nicely. Thankfully she popped more dressings on so I didnt have to be nervous about hurting myself as I rushed off to my next port of call....
Tescos....on my own....yay! Dad was too achy from his antics in the garden to be going shopping (phew!) so I was sent off with his debit card and a free reign down the sweety aisle...cool!
But boy, was I hot and bothered by the time I got home...not having had a proper brew yet, so it was a wonderful relief to sit down, guzzle down a gallon of tea and set about actually waking up!
Sis popped round during the afternoon which was nice...we sat in the garden soaking up the rays when all hell broke loose in the tree! What the heck we thought, when we saw a little fluffy head poke out through the leaves....ah, Daisy....its you scaring the birdies away! Well, when the little minx found her way out of the tree, I took a look and it seems I may soon be with child once again as there is a nest...he he! I couldnt see any evidence of fallen eggs or babies, so Im hoping chasing mummy away was the limit of Daisys interference and the nest is still brewing a little one.
Mummy bird meanwhile had taken refuge in a taller tree - out of paws reach...

Of course, any excuse to grab my camera...and I did my best to get a piccie of birdie flying back to its nest...

She eventually found her way back to her tree...

She sat on the branch for ages, while this little minx was told to stay exactly where she was!
>

...looking a little miffed I feel lol!
But at last, birdie found her way back to her nest...

...and I could rest my sore neck from all the looking up trying to get a good snap!!!
Anyway, can you believe it...earlier in the week I was scraping ice off the car and today its a blooming heat wave! I have the fans at the ready - well, they never actually got put away after last summer, so thats good eh, sometimes laziness really does pay off lol!
Time to go rootle for the choccy buttons I bought today I feel - thank goodness I popped them in the fridge or I think they would be a melted blob right now...a bit like me!
Happy Saturday ladies, and Sall...I hope Ive posted in time for your bedtime reading...lol!
Sue x





6 comments:
Hiya Sue!
Your exuberant calendar pic is displaying its joviality proudly on my wall and keeping me happy! Glad you got yours safely (if equally late!).
I love the photo of the collared dove peeping through the red leaves, it's so cute! Seems like your new camera was an excellent investment! How lovely to have a dove nest in the garden. On a similar birdwatching mission, I've been admiring the stilted sootballs that are moorhen chicks in the stream on my way home from work! Yay!
Kate x
Sue so glad you got to your appointment I must say I love your photos hugs alma xx
Fab photos Sue! Love your birdwatching and your Daisy - bless her! Your new camera is working its magic!
Carole xxx
well done on getting to your appointment, especially without any tea in you, lol.. and pleased all is well with it...
love the photos, you're doing really well with your camera, keep it up...
maria xx
Sue it looks if you have the live version of my dead baby pigeon and all without the help of a cat! You have better pictures than me though!
Sadly I was without bed time reading last night {friday} as by the time I stopped singing and got home it was around 2am and I had no energy whatsoever to turn any machines on so finally fell into bed around 3am...which does beg the question why am I awake? One night of partying and my sleeping is all out...great!
So we are to be grannies together! Lol! Naughty Daisy will have to be banished from birdies tree! My Mrs Blackbird is still coming and going!!
Post a Comment