I have AT LAST completed the first puppy mini-album...hooray! I uploaded it this morning (see slide-show below), then sis arrived for birthday fun and frolics so I didnt get a chance to do my writey up bit. Thank you Susie & Maria for your lovely comments - I did enjoy making it so much, I just wish I could work a little faster!
The main basis of the album is a Papermania filmstrip chipboard album, then I added a couple of pages made from card and cut using Tim Holtz on the edge dies, one made from wood, a beer mat and a couple of large puzzle pieces. The front cover (which would be a tad tricky to cover), I rubbed over with a TH ink pad then randomly heat embossed in gold - I was very pleased with how this worked out. The first photo of Tom and Marley, I coated in TH Rock Candy crackle glaze then rubbed in some dark ink to give it a nice distressed look. The rest of the pages were covered in a variety of papers, and the edges of the pages 'painted' with Smooch ink. All pages were given lashings of matte mod podge to seal and for durability. To finish I added another puzzle piece dangling off the book ring, along with a bone which I cut from card, inked around the edges and tied a ribbon around. I hope Tom likes it as much as I loved making it! Now I have to make a start on Jamie's album....its his birthday on Wednesday...mmm...he'll be lucky ;)
Speaking of birthdays, my sister has just gone home having celebrated her day with us - including a trip down the tip....we know how to live it up here dont you know lol! We struggled with the crossy today...maybe we had over-dosed on cake, but whatever...we had a nice day which happily warmed up by this afternoon.
Im well ready for a snuggle on the sofa now...
Have a good Sunday evening folks!
Sue x
Thursday / Friday Post - FFO and AFFF
1 year ago





8 comments:
Wow sue thats brilliant, totally love it
That album is gorgeous Sue. I see you do know how to live it up - fancy taking your sister on a b'day trip to the tip! I'd never do that - mainly 'cos I don't have a sister!lol
But good news - my baby is home!!! We collected him from Oxford station tonight - does a trip to Oxford station with OH on his b'day equal a trip to the tip???
Hugs,
Sue xx
LOL Susie! The best of it is, I had to accompany her to the tip as she has been BANNED from there for getting stroppy on a recent visit, so I went along 'to keep her under control' lol! Luckily the sod who banned her wasnt there today...phew...we wouldnt want an 'incident' on her birthday would we! Im glad you have your baby home! Im sure Oxford Station is much more delightful than our grotty dump! lol!
A great mini album Sue I love the photos effect on the front &
I'll bet he's pleased with it..Mgt.x
A great little Album Sue.
I bet he loves it....Mgt.x
LOL with your birthday treat for your sister sue, yes you sure know how to live...
...and sounds like susiej does too (but I prefer STEAM trains, lol)... pleased you son is home sue...
maria x
Gorgeous album Sue,Tom & the puppies are FAB.....
Is there no end to Miss Bubbles Talent lot's of nice touches.I have enjoyed catching up tonight.
graybags is away so I am in for a sleepless night.
Sending lot's of sparkles and take care of that hip love Lesley the football queen aka apprentice :0 xx
Sue, your album is just wonderful!!!! And I adore your sisters card!
Suzie xxxxx :)
Post a Comment