To set the scene for those not yet involved in the great search for the plant that I know not the name of...
It was a couple of weeks ago at work when I spied a very pretty plant...tiny bluebell shaped flowers, only cream...and possibly pink (Im not even that sure any more!?!) Anyway, commenting on the plant to the lady who works on the department, she assured me that it was a very good specimen for people like me, ie: those who murder plants without even trying. It was a succulent which apparently meant that it didnt even mind if you forgot to water it...not that you could see many of these succulent leaves due to the abundance of the pretty flowers. Well..sadly at that time I was financially challenged, as is often the case after about a week out from being paid, so I put it on my to-buy list (along with a few other bits and bobs) the moment I got paid. BUT..by then, they had all sold out and despite great efforts by the department manager, we cannot track down what the bloody thing was called..doh! Ive searched around the web but no luck so far, so figured that a trip out to the garden centre was required...just for a little looky you understand ;)
Well, this morning, having gotten up considerably earlier than expected considering my very late night, I felt the need to get out for some fresh air and decided to embark on my search at the local garden centre just down the road from here. I looked at every single plant they had - getting wet in the process as the rains had arrived (that was rather refreshing though), and although I came very close to purchasing the odd plastic meerkat, I did in fact leave empty handed as they had nothing whatsoever resembling the 'you cant kill me' plant. Indeed their indoor plant selection was pretty pathetic...unless you want a cactus, they had millions of those. Oh well, a failed mission I thought, but as I headed up to the roundabout to come home, the car took me in a completely different direction and headed for the BIG garden centre near town...mmm...the one with the kitty treats and from where I purchased my mother of the groom outfit...nice!
This looked far more promising - they had oodles and oodles of indoor plants, all very beautiful and some probably more beautiful than the one I want.....but not the one I want...no, not want, I now NEED it, I am obsessed with it, and my life will not be complete without it - even though I know, in my heart of hearts that despite what is said - I WILL kill it lol!
However, having driven quite a few miles by this point, it felt like such a waste to be going home empty handed - so what do I do? Buy an equally lovely plant to tide me over? Oh no, that would be too sensible wouldnt it - and cheap! Firstly I warmed up by stocking up on kitty treats...this is now the only outlet that sells them and its awful if I run out - sulking kitties are not funny! Then, I simply couldnt resist strolling over the Edingburgh Mill Shop...oh dear! They have such lovely things, and better still, they have things that fit a short arse like me, and amazingly dont make me look like the size of a house. This is pure gold in my view and you just cant let these things pass you by. So I left the garden centre sixty quid lighter having bought a fivers worth of kitty treats, a skirt, a pair of jeans and a blouse (that according to the label 'needs minimum ironing') - a nice haul it has to be said....but still no plant!
....ah well, there's always tomorrow!
Thursday / Friday Post - FFO and AFFF
1 year ago





7 comments:
Sue - would you like me to check in our Waitrose to see if they have this plant? I could then at least find out its' name. I know it'll drive you mad - I've ended up buying clothes on ebay 'cos I didn't have the money when I saw them in M&S and of course they were out of stock when I did have the cash!
You managed a nice clothes haul though .:)
Hugs,
Sue xx
Oh Sue what are we going to do with you!! Mind you that is one of the best "gardens centres" around they do lovely home cooked luches too!!! I think to call it a garden centre is wrong really it sells all sorts, when Mum and Dad come to stay I can never get Mum out of The Edinburgh wool Shop.
Did you try Billing Gardens Centre I've heard that has gone abit like the other one with lots of other shops inside now.
Good plant hunting if you can still afford it LOL xxx
That would be great Susie...go armed with your camera so you can take a piccie, Im sure the staff wouldnt mind..lol! Just tell them some batty partner at Towcester sent you!
Lee, Billing was my first port of call being moments from my house. They do sell all sorts - nothing on the scale of Wyvale though...and apart from an unhealthy obsession with cacti, there wasnt much for indoors.
Still affording it...now there's a though?!? lol!
Ah well Sue, at least you have some clothes and maybe you can use your altering skills when you are fed up with and make yourself a fabric plant........ Annette x
LOL about the plant sue, do you realise you have us ALL looking now, lol...
well done on your spend, but confused you didn't stop off at colemans on the way home?
maria x
Now I need to know what that plant is? Well done on your clothes shopping I love garden centres where they sell all kind and have nice tea and cakes or nice meals hugs alma
Have emailed you Sue (with pic from Wikipedia). Our Waitrose had some "Kalanchoe" plants - think this may be what you were looking for? Fingers crossed.
Sue xx
Post a Comment