Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vacation Day Six....day six!? Im still waiting for my vacation to start!!!

What a day...sigh! I had kind of forgotten (put the ugly thought out of my mind) until yesterday that I had the dentists today...groan! Those who have known me for a while will be aware that I have been visiting this place of torture every couple of months now for the last 18 months...and not because Ive had lots of work done particularly, its dragged on because this is the best they can offer to their NHS patients...do as little as possible at each visit and DRAG the whole sorry business out..tut!

Today, I hope, was my last visit...and if I can find a dentist closer to me, rather than a good half an hour/45 minute drive away...it will be my last visit to them ever! My treatment today was a filling to repair damage done by THEM when they were supposedly polishing my teeth - drilling the top surface off more like, therefore compromising one tooth in particular which then needed sorting out! Still, its done now, and very pretty though the drive there is, I am glad to have no further appointments on the menu!

As a side consequence of this appointment I was faced with another problem. My new pills are very strong, and driving is very much frowned upon...especially by my buddies who told me 'DONT DO IT!' lol! So, the safest thing seemed to be to not take them...well, I took one first thing, but I was very much clear headed by late afternoon and ready for my drive - just aswell really with all the idiots on the roads!

Of course, by the time I got home my hip was yelling 'give me drugs, give me drugs', which I promptly did....and I think I sense a slight improvement in the pain levels compared to yesterday...phew! Just let Dad suggest going shopping tomorrow and he will get an earful...I need to REST, do you hear me - REST! lol!

Despite the traumatic goings on of the day, I have managed to knock up a little card to show you - yay! For this I used the freebie clear stamp that came with the Creativity mag...



...and my 'Hello' die - I have to say that I am really pleased with how this has turned out - quite by accident as I was pushing things around on my desk. It was a quick make too, so I should be able to get a pile of them ready for future use - handy for notelets I thought.

I completed my special card too, but I will give you just a sneak peek in case a certain somebody is looking in...



I loved making this - what a nice change to play with pink, and use some of my bestest stash too! All will be revealed when the time is right ;)

Speaking of stash, I had a nice parcel from QVC today - its the Frenzie kit and is in their Last Clicks section at the moment. I had the kit at full price and was thrilled with it, so couldnt resist a top up when I saw it at a bargain price. The item no. is 587621 - and blow me, looking it up just now I see they have reduced it again...tut! Do grab it if you can, its a fabby quality kit and for that money an absolute snip! If I had any money left (mmm...oops!), I would order another one!

Here we are, I managed to grap a piccie of it...


Anyway, I cant dilly dally around here - I have some sparkly shoes that need putting on my new pink shelves, and Im sure my french onion soup will be ready about now lol!

Take care all, and have a good Thursday! Sparkles to all of you with achy bits!

Thank you for popping by!
Sue xxx

7 comments:

Netty said...

Smashing card Sue and love your die cut. Hope those painkillers really kick in soon and you keep taking them. As it takes a while for the body to get used to them then you won't feel so drowsy and you need that pain relief. AND Have you any money left my girl or are you going for broke....lol
Get some rest and put those legs up do you hear..... Take care, Annette x

Valerie-Jael said...

I think you will have to lengthen your holiday to make up for all the ouch-days! Glad you survived the journey, and that you are listening to our good advice!! The cards are lovely, that new stamp is gorgeous, who doesn't like shopping especially for shoes, stash, and nibbles and ......

Carole said...

I'm loving your Hello card - I also got that stamp and have looked at it a few times but then moved on to something else! I might have to have another look now! Thanks Sue!
I'm also loving the sneak preview of your pink card, it looks really lush! Can't wait to see it all!

Big hugs and sparkles for your hip

Carole xxx

SusieJ said...

Great post Sue - I'm off to QVC (slapped wrists!).
Hope the hip is responding to the painkillers - you NEED rest and not food shopping!
Love the card (love the stamp too - soooo pleased I bought the goody bag).
Hugs,
Sue xx

tea_bag said...

I am so glad you did not take your pills and drive, its so much safer even if it more painful But better safe than sorry I hope your med give you good pain relief sooner rather than later

I love your qvc find wow bargain

I also love what you have done with the free stamp I put it in my friends box for £10 and free challenge so alas I cannot use it, well not till I give it to here lol

hugs alma xx

Hi it's Maria said...

love both the cards (hehe I've seen the girly one, lol)...

sparkles for your hips and hope your shop is going well, lol..

maria xx

Anonymous said...

loving the Hello card & more stash.........
Think you will need to talk me through the bubbles stamp so I can do some gorgeous!
Try not to b on Facebook too long as the crafting has priority lol.
Sending sparkles lesley :)xxx