Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crafting leave - week 3...and counting...sigh!

Hello blog hoppers, I do hope this post finds you all well! Lee, I hear that you have not been so well, so oodles of hugs and sparkles coming your way my lovely, I do hope you feel better very soon xxx

Can I just say...my bum dont half hurt!!! Ive had a sneezing fit, and while coughing now sends electric shocks to my shin and ankle (?), sneezing hurts me bum! I have just administered some extra strong meds in an attempt to counter-act the last couple of days....so if I go off waffling at a tangent please forgive me!

Its all action stations here as I was lucky to have my rheumy appointment brought forward from October to yesterday...yay! Lots of pulling about occurred, and the consultant agreed with the physio that it is bulging discs causing all the pain and not my hip. Bulging...what a word...and that just about sounds right! She has ordered me an MRI scan which will identify if a steroid jab will help...only the scan could be 4-6 weeks away! Worse still, if a jab is recommended, that will be done by the pain clinic to whom I have also been referred, but I gather the waiting list for this runs into months...WHAT???? However, evidently the physio will work to un-bulge my discs so hopefully relief will come sooner rather than later...please please please! The rheumy does think its going to be a bit of a long job though as this is such an acute flare up and will take time to settle...I can only say sorry again to my office chicks!

Today was physio, and whilst I can feel a difference while she is working her magic...I do rather pay for it later, and today has been very difficult - I think I can only take so much pulling about and this week Ive reached my limit already! And I have excercises to do too...good grief!!! Docs tomorrow...then hopefully some rest!

Anyhoo...its not all bums and bulging discs. I have managed a few minutes here and there in the emporium and have made a sort of collage..just to play around with some dies, stamps...a bit of stitching and wotnot, and this is what Ive come up with...



and a few close ups...







I even have a bell tower lol!


I quite like it..it was just a bit of nonsense as I couldnt settle into some proper scrapping, but my sister loves it and is angling to pinch it...mmm...maybe!

The weather has been pretty crappy hasnt it! Not that Im bothered much what the weather is doing, but those drizzly dark days were a bit much to take, especially along with my Dads constant diet of war documentaries on the tv...sigh! Im sure my recuperation would go along much smoother with a dose of Only Fools and Horses rather than Hitler, but hey ho...I do not have the power over the remote!

In the few sunny moments that we have had, Ive enjoyed stepping into the garden to breath in some fresh air and soak up the peace and quiet. I took a few piccies around the garden - firstly my lovely sunflowers given to me by our Lesley...



and of course the close up...



Pretty eh! I also got a snap of the grapes...if only we made wine, we have oodles of the things!



And finally a hello from my little madams Bubbles and Daisy...





There you are, thats me for now - still being a miserable old moo! lol!

I do hope that you are all fairing better! Thank you as always for popping by!
Sue xxx

14 comments:

Netty said...

Hi Sue, I love your collage its fabulous it must have taken you ages. Sorry to hear that the pain continues and continues, lets hope that it all works out fine shortly. Am thinking of you.
A word about that remote.......ever thought of taking the batteries out......should be fun.....oooh thats naughty, slap my hands....
Annette x

June Nelson said...

Fantastic collae Sue. I hope your keeping alright my freind, havent been around for a while but im here still and hoping your fine. Pain is awful I know bless you, hope its better really soon love and hugs June x

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope you will have had a good sleep before you read my comment. Your collage reminds me of where I live, strange old houses, birds and bats.... Your sister will be lucky if she gets it. Lovely pics, too!

SusieJ said...

Beautiful collage Sue - I can see why your sis wants to pinch it!
Can't believe how long you've got to wait for the steroid injection - they do help.
Hope you don't have too much pain today - sending anti bulging discs sparkles and hugs.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Bubbles,
It's the pie thief calling spoke to Dad last night as you where zzzzzing which could of been a good opportunity to pinch the remote.....
I was so sorry to hear that your in a lot of pain and I did send lot's of positive's thoughts of you being pain free but will keep trying ^.^xxxx
Still at least the pyhsio knows what to pummel now even though that's not what it feels like :(x
And I have got everything x'd how am I going to get to work lol.....
Office Chicks are united in covering until you return so no worries there & Lee B is back today so all good stuff.....
The collage's are fabulous glad you are getting up in the emporiam so going forward chick ^.^x
Again what green fingers you have lovin the sunflowers mine keep growing multiple heads lol......
The girls look fine love the piccies.
Graybags will be glad to see your blog even he worries about you! not bad for a bloke eh!
Sending you lot's of pink & purple sparkles & :)'s Lesley xxxxxx
PS Ella off to Spain on Saturday I could ask if she could squeeze you in her suitcase lol xxxx

jackie(worcs) said...

Hi Sue, you collage is fabby, very pretty and I dont blame your sis wanting to pinch it!
We should start a Bulging Disc Club! and swap pain management tips/remedies/groans etc! LOL.
take care hun x

Anonymous said...

Oh my God Sue I've been moaning about my very bad cold or "womanFlu" as I like to call it. Did go back to work today.... however I'm now begining to think that was a bad idea as feeling rotten again now Hey Ho!!

Sorry to hear that they still can't sort you out properly and that the pain still continues at least I know my cold will go eventually...I hope.

Well I'm off for a little lie down now would send you sparkles but I'm feeling less sparkly than I ever have....oh stop moaning Lee LOL!

Sending Love instead xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

these doc's need a kick up the you know what!!! Do they not see you are in pain?!
I'm pleased you are managing to craft a little and get some fresh air.
As Les says we are covering you not been there, but we do miss you.
If you could fit in my suitcase you are welcome to come along to Spain on Sat, but you'll prob be working on your little shop at 4am when we leave lol!!
Sending lots of hugs and keep smiling
Ella
ps only 2 more slepps, sorry couldn't resist!!

CoventryAnn said...

Good to hear from you again Sue, Love the house die... but have I got room for yet another one???
I like the idea of a bulging disc club, but I think it should just be a bulge club (then lots of us could join :) )

Carole said...

Poor old Sue with all your aches and pains, but I'm hoping they'll sort you out soon!
I can quite see why your sister would want to pinch your beautiful collage, it's so pretty!

Hugs and sparkles - Carole xxx

Hi it's Maria said...

fab picture sue, can see why your sister loves it...

but so sorry you're in still in so much pain, sending you tons of sparkles, hopefully you're on the mend, even though slowly...

hugs
maria xx

Jacqui said...

Love your collage Sue, and sorry to hear your having such a time of it. I hope things improve soon. Crafting is always a good way to escape for a bit!
Jacqui :-)

Sue C said...

Gorgeous collage Sue! Sending you oodles of sparkles for a speedy recovery but it may not be so speedy by the sounds of it :-( xx

tea_bag said...

Your collage is fab hugs alma love the cat photo