But first...huge amounts of sparkles to our Gina, who it seems has not gotten over the shock of turning 50 yet and is feeling very poorly! I hope you will be turning a corner soon my lovely...and choose the right bloody corner to turn around hey missus!
As for me, do I dare to think that I am on the up?!? Having reported the easing off of my nausea the other day, it came back with a vengance (pretty much soon after I typed the nice sentence!) and I have been feeling very sorry for myself indeed - I couldnt even enjoy a brew, which in the words of Craig Wotsisname on Strictly was a DISAAAAAASTER! However, thanks to another cock-up at the surgery today, I believe I am now free of feeling icky..phew!
I had a rendezvous at noon with a friend, but thought I would get up nice and early so that I could go fetch my much needed prescriptions from the docs first thing...then I could drop them into Boots to be made up whilst said friend and I were slurping coffee. I felt pretty brave getting into the car and even contemplating the journey...it is a bit of a way and I havent driven for a while, but no...I was fine, I hadnt forgotten what to do and I didnt come anywhere near running anyone over - phew! I even managed to drive without having to physically lift my poorly leg from accellerator to brake (forgive rubbish spelling!), which was a vast improvement and added somewhat to my level of safety. But....and whenever heading to the surgery, there is always a blooming BUT isnt there - they couldnt find my prescriptions...sigh! They could see on their computer that they had been done, they had been signed....but they had also become invisible...tut! So first they send me over to the chemist to see if they had been taken over there....hobble hobble I go - 'no' says the chemist...though Im not convinced as they lost one once before, but hey ho...hobble back over to surgery (grumbling to myself - "I dont need THIS!"), by which time a flipping great queue had appeared. I eventually gets to the front and shakes my head, no..the chemist dont have it - and as the gestapo huffed and puffed, I gave my 'special' look that said, dont be messing with me missus and Im not leaving here without it! She sighed (even better than me!) and said she would print off another lot, and all I had to do was go upstairs and tuck it under the duty doctors door who would then sign it when she or he had finished with their patient and bring it out to me. Well, this is when things took a turn for the better. The duty doc today just happened to be my nice doc, and as the waiting room was empty when she appeared with my prescriptions she called me in for a little chat...just to ask how I was doing. WOW it was like a free appointment - yay! I told her I was doing quite well but the nausea was just going on and on and I asked her for any tips, ie: herbal teas or whatever. Oh no, I didnt need ought like that...she had just the pill for me, so promptly printed out another prescription (to add to the pile).....and by jove, the magic pill is working!!!
So in the end, the cock up turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as to access those pills without such a stroke of luck would have meant taking on the gestapo to get an official appointment, and when you are feeling icky you are just not up for the fight, and no doubt that would have meant more days of ickyness too...so RESULT!
However, by this time it was gone 11.30 so I had to rush home...no time to put a face on, tear out all the bits of paper I needed from the pile I had been given, sign them ready for Boots, and rush off out the door to meet up with Lynn.
The lovely Lynn is a retired office chick from Waitrose, and she comes right across from the other side of the county to get her hair done up at our local shopping mall. Well, when you find a hairdresser you like, you will follow them anywhere wont you lol! We had had a lovely natter on the phone last week and agreed to meet up, all being well..and thankfully all was well! I missed out on a lunch though - she was going to treat me, but I had to decline as I hadnt got the pills yet and my tummy wasnt 'doing' food. I did manage a nice cake and a coffee, and apart from a couple of wobbly moments brought about by all the noise and hustle & bustle, I was fine and it was SO nice to be out and about, and to get a big hug and a good gossip with my friend, thank you Lynn!
After goodbye hugs, I headed back to the car via Boots - to pick up my carrier bag full of drugs (its a scary sight, my bag of meds!)...and got waylayed by the door as I spotted the special offer goodies that they have been advertising - the 35 quids worth of free stuff if you spent just 22 quid on No.7 products. Well, what can one do - FREE STUFF! I love their serum - and if a face needed serum just now its mine, so that and a nail polish was enough spends to get my freebie...and all in such a gorgeous little bag too! How naughty am I....sod Christmas shopping, I will treat myself instead lol!
Anyway, I get home, pop a pill and soon enough the nausea went off - at last! I even dared to eat a noodly ready meal later which would have been a big risk any other day of the week I can tell you, and its stayed put! AND most importantly, Im enjoying my brews again..woohoo!
An evening of much needed rest and some reflection on my day followed. Icky'ness gone, and Im confident that now I have the right pills, it will stay that way. But also, I thought about how I had got through my day with my naughty hip and I have to say it is definitely feeling rather better. I had done a fair bit of walking about one way and another, especially compared to just shuffling from pc to kitchen and vice versa all day long, and yet I dont feel like I am paying for it. I am still 'with stick' but it feels more like it is helping me get about rather than enabling me to get around if that makes sense.....I know what I mean lol! Its the right time for improvements to be felt so fingers crossed, every day will bring more and more comfort. I thought I might even return to the mall later in the week and actually attempt some Christmas shopping...you know, buy things for other people and not myself lol...we will see! Ive been living in a bubble for way too long now and its time to escape!!!
On that up note, I will say nighty night and send out lots of special sparkles for our Gina, Alma, Maria & Valerie, and of course not forgetting our Charlie xxx
Big hugs, Sue x
Thursday / Friday Post - FFO and AFFF
1 year ago





7 comments:
How lovely to hear that your hip is improving Sue.
Hope the new meds (def. a result getting them that way!lol) are still working and you're free of ickiness.
Sending more hugs and sparkles.
Sue xx
p.s. I use that serum too so shall be popping into Boots today...I love a bargain!
Hi Sue, glad you chopped your way through the thorny forest and got your medis as a reward! Hope it gets better and better now, take care, and don't overdo it! Hugs & sparkles, Valerie
You sound really 'up' after all this, it must have been great to be out with a friend again. Things worked out brilliantly at the surgery, but I can't help thinking that the receptionist could have phoned the chemist to check on the prescription that THEY had lost rather than send you hobbling over there, and also to have run upstairs to shove the new prescription under the door for you rather than making you climb stairs in your condition. After all, they lost the original prescription! At least it worked out for the best for you. Anyway, sod the Christmas shopping, get something for yourself again, that's what I'd do, lol lol.
Nice to hear of the improvements, hope you continue to feel free of ickiness. CoB
Glad to hear you have been out and about! Thanks goodness for the new pills! Glad they are working on the icky feeling! CCx
so glad you been up and about and its nice you have treated yourself to some goodies Glad you got some meds for the sickness I do hope they help hugs alma xxx
So glad to hear that things are heading in a positive direction for you Sue. As for the little treat - quite right too missus - I'm a great believer in treats for self!!!
Continuing hugs and sparkles************
Gillx
Fabulous news Sue,Does this mean Sunday night is a green...
Bring on the christmas dinner woo hoo!!
Good on Lynn what a tonic and your doc !!
Charlie is sending lot's of woofy sparkles to his Auntie Sue and your friends...
He too is re-discovering how to walk on tiles without lots of bath mats we are havin a giggle with him as he woofs and wags that tail then ends up in a pile on the floor but not hurting himself thankfully.
Well got to catch up with the rest of your blog....
Sending lots of hugs & sparkles
Lesley & Charlie the wonder dog xx
PS Graybags back from Leeds today sending his love too xxxx
Post a Comment