I cant remember now exactly when and why this idea popped into my head...but once it did I was on a mission! My mission was a secret project - it would take some careful planning and lots of time, but promised to be the most fun!
And my secret project is.......drum roll please.....to scrap the Monopoly board!!! Forget the Monopoly pub crawl - thats been done, and I havent the staying power for that, but what fun it would be to visit all the locations around the board - take lots of photos and to find out all manner of interesting facts & figures about these places. I grew up in London and visited the City often, but like many people with there local area, you kind of take it for granted and even being our Capital, it was 'nothing special'. Having lived out of London for 35 years with only the odd visit back, I looked forward to visiting as a tourist and revelling in the wonder of it all. My project would give me the focus to study the detail - to look, learn and enjoy rather than let it all pass me by. So, where to start.....?
Well, I figured this was going to take more than a day trip, and if I didnt do some research and planning first, it would take many more days than I could afford to gather all my resources. I had plenty of time for such research though - I was waiting for a sunny day which, on that cold evening in December, was likely to be a few months away. So I googled & wikipedia'd to my hearts content, and drew up lists of landmarks, notes about the rich & famous.....various ideas for page layouts......and I waited for my sunny day!
Thursday / Friday Post - FFO and AFFF
1 year ago





No comments:
Post a Comment