Saturday, August 15, 2009

Did I mention that I was HOT!?!




That looks just like me - look at my lovely nipped in waist.........in my dreams!!!

Phew..another scorcher today - Im not so sure it was really hot outside, but my internal thermostat is certainly up the wall, so every day (and night) is a sizzler to me...Im melting away, and soon will be 'that' thin (still dreaming)! Come tea time I'd had enough and jumped in the shower...scrubbed all my bits with hot water and lots of bubbles..then gradually turned the temp down until it reached freezing...oh, it was lovely! Then..the icing on the cake, I lay on my bed in front of the fan to dry off - that was pure heaven! I could have stayed there all evening, but Total Wipeout beckoned, and I do love to see them big red balls of a Saturday evening!

Lots of bits and bobs of crafting done today...Im altering a little pen pot with a tiny drawer, which I found in the 99p shop - so far I have painted it shocking pink and mod podged it, and I will show it off when its finished...not sure exactly how it will be (over)embellished yet. Then there were secret projects....busy busy busy with those! Oh, and while I had the pink out, I painted a couple of birdies and sealed them with sparkly mod podge - they are going to be stuck on the emporium wall either side of the cutest little wall hangers that I found down the sweetshop...all will be revealed when I actually finish something!

I really experienced the wonder of having my own crafty emporium today - being able to dabble in a few different projects and have space to set them aside to dry was such a treat. Mind you, I did have to make some space before I could achieve that...as of this morning, I couldnt see the desk - it had all gotten a bit out of control....'no', I hear you say, 'you..untidy?' he he! Anyway, its all looking a lot neater now thank goodness!

So, no crafty piccies for you today....just a heap of waffle! Whats new eh!

Sunday has come round I see...I will have a little sleep then its a little more crafting for me, and the day when Carol (my sister) and I conquer the big Saturday Daily Mail crossword!

Would it be too much to ask for a mini ice-age........?

Oodles of hugs & sparkles, Sue x

3 comments:

Hi it's Maria said...

sounds another good day of crafting sue, and cannot wait to see the pics of it all (and the secret projects, lol)...

it's been hot here too, really thought we were going to have some rain, but not seen any since the dribble we had weeks ago...

right I'm off to bed, sweet dreams and have fun with your crossword with sis in the morning...

maria x

SusieJ said...

Lucky you Sue!
Loving the sound of your emporium and the heat - here in the NE it's not that hot - also very windy!
Looking forward to seeing your "secret" projects!
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Ditto Sue,
your crafty apprentice here who'd be a women hey!!!
No one prepares us for our hot moments but thank god for the Fan which is o so cool when needed.
Take care as I am catching up again on your blog and it all looks exciting!!!
Keep cool and sending lot's of sparkles Lesley :)xxxx