Thursday, October 8, 2009

Scrappykatz welcomes Craftin' Crazy!!!

Woo..this post is so overdue - this is all about the meeting of two crafty clubs on the 26th September, when Babs, Cheryl and I, from Craftin Crazy popped over to St Neots to play with Sue & Mandy and the girls from Scrappykatz!

Oh what fun we had....an 8 hour crop - an outing to their local crafty store, and fish & chips too - the perfect day!

No sooner had we unpacked our bits and bobs, and spread ourselves out on the tables - 'one each' we demanded (lol!), and we were heading in convoy to Clovers - a stationery store which also sells crafty bargains - SUPER bargains! Thank goodness [says my local newsagent] that I had paid my paper bill before this event, or he would have been waiting another month! [More about the paper bill another time....groan!] Still, I did manage to snaffle a K&Company box crammed full of loveliness, a K&Company embellie kit and ...guess...a K&Company paper pad - each only £5.99, plus a couple of ink pads, some perfect pearls....and...I think thats it!

Having got our fix for the day, it was back to the hall for some serious...I would like to say crafting, but I guess there was a significant amount of gossiping too! I did actually start and complete a project however - a first for me, and this is it...

Take one Waitrose recipe card holder....



...cover it in some delish sparkly Tiffanys papers...and voila...



One scrap-album-to-be, filled with 60 vinyl 'page protectors' and index tabs! I removed the 'stand' and when I can get hold of a second card holder to alter and remove the stand from that...I will have a superb set of fold-out album covers!

My creativity did not end there.... challenged by Cheryl to create something using the packaging from a craft kit that I had 'acquired' that morning - I made this beautiful thing...



...and look at Cheryl, she is thrilled with her lovely gift, and will treasure it always...he he he!



But hey, this is what you have been waiting for - photo evidence of the day! Okay, this may show more antics at the shop than actual crafting, but I think you can SO feel the fun we all had on this wonderful day!

Thank you Sue & Mandy and the Scrappykatz gang!

Sue x

5 comments:

SusieJ said...

Loving your clever creations Sue!
What a perfect (and fab) day out.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Love the little album Sue - what a great idea.....Mgt.x

Sue C said...

Just spotted this Sue! We had a lovely time too, look forward to seeing you again! Sue X

jan said...

Lovely Sue, sounds a lovely day out, and you all had fun, good idea with the Waitrose album, and love the little one too, Jan x

Lesley said...

What a great gang !!!!
Lot's of fun too,it is amazing what you can do with just about anything.
Sending lot's of sparkles to you & the girls Love from Lesley xxxxx