Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shopping in my sleep, a Plumbrella crisis...and... it must be nearly Christmas!

Hooray, last weekend brought pay day, and after my enforced stash diet (after paying the paper bill and the money grabbing fool of a dentist)...in the wee small hours of Saturday morning, I found myself shopping in my sleep! I was having nightmares that the posties would hold all my parcels hostage, so I thought I'd better get all my orders in before they went AWOL again!

Yesterday, Cuttingedge and Cuddly Buddly came through with new (much needed) dies, Prima goodies...a real treat, and some fabby colours of Stickles! Today, Crafts U Love goodies arrived - a couple of inks, MORE Prima goodies, and some festive papers ready for my dotee doll 2009 (more about that later) layout. Here is a selection of my newly acquired scrumminess:



Sleep-shopping RULES eh! Ive had a very nice email from Sizzix to tell me that DHL will be along shortly with my (much needed...of course) dies from them - you know my motto - one can never have too many alphabets lol! AND QVC have shipped some goodies to me too, but Im guessing they will be held hostage by the posties for a few days yet...boo! No matter, to tide me over until further stash deliveries - Lesley and I will be hitting Colemans Warehouse on Saturday - yay!

In an attempt to squeeze more stash into the Emporium, I had a little tidy up...he he - here is my desk space....


Well...there is just about a 12"x12" work area clear...what more does one need!?! For the benefit of Graybags - here is a better look at the Emporium - just think, you could have a space like this when Lesley gets home on Saturday...ha ha ha!



So...the Plumbrella crisis!!! Last night was crafty club night, and a good time was had by all. I stitched faces....a sneaky peak coming up, and much deep and meaningful debate took place about Strictly and The X Factor...and let me tell you there wasnt a single fan of 'the twins' in sight, surprise surprise (not!). Anyway, I took my Plumbrella layout along for 'show and tell', but now it is more worthy for 'show and SMELL' as an accident occurred on the way home! I brought home the leftover milk, and I was sure it was sealed up tight, but no...it appears my 95 mph down the A45 might have loosened the cap somewhat (!) as I found a soggy mess in my bag when I unpacked it this morning....aaaaggggh! Thank goodness my sewing bits and bobs were in plastic bags (thank you Waitrose!), but the layout was loose..lying up against my cutting mat, which only served to maintain the dampness....sigh! Luckily, the photo was printed onto matt paper - this soaked up the milk rather than the print lifting from the page, and luckily no.2 - it is a distressed looking kind of layout, so a bit of running ink and stuff might just add to it?!? I might get away with it when it finally dries out...if I pop it in a bag with a dose of pot pourri!!!

So, here I am at the end of day 3 of my holiday, and what have I been doing with myself all week...?

I have been sewing faces, faces and more faces! Because my lovelies, it is nearly Christmas, and its time to get started on those festive dotees - yay!



Aw...aint they sweet! Thats the last sneaky peek you will be getting - now you will all have to wait and see!

But, thats my fun over for the week - tomorrow I have the ordeal of root canal at the dentist...groan! When will he finally do his job properly so that I dont have to keep going back - 'you've made enough money out of me, you money grabbing begger!!!'

Just a thought though....Hobbycraft is on my route home..........!

Have a good rest of the week folks, and thank you for popping by!
Sue x

10 comments:

Hi it's Maria said...

love the dotees sue, rather you than me with the dentist, and think you deserve to stop off at hobbycraft on the way home...

so sorry to hear about plumbrella, but great news on your craft buys, lol... think QVC are using parcelnet now, so you might be lucky....

sparkles for the rest of your week off

maria xx

SusieJ said...

Great stash haul there Sue and more to come ! Do some stash shopping for me on Sat. please - I am in a craft desert here and have some half made Christmas cards to prove it (can't get the essential supplies to finish them - agh!).
Sue xx

jackie(worcs) said...

I love all those little smiling faces, so sweet!
The scary kitty die looks fab too.
Hope the root canal goes ok, you definatly need a trip to Hobby craft after that.
Love Jackie :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Good luck at the dentist's and love your faces. Well, no one will ever say you are 2-faced, you will always be the woman with many faces. What a lot of hard work has gone into them! Take care, hugs, Valerie

DGgirl said...

Sue H - you're a bad, bad woman!!!!! I didn't realise Cuddly Buddly did such a fab BIA range - and - now I know whose stolen all the lovely Prima roses!!!!!!!!!

Nice stash by the way LOL!!!!!!!!

Gillx

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the craft emporium is still relatively tidy!! Lol! Looking good!!

Lesley said...

Hi Sue,what gorgeous new stash,and the dotees will be amazing!!!is that a secret squirrel just whizzed by lol!
Graybags was dead impressed with my colemans Goodie Bag(s) lol!
I am so looking forward to November have fun with your goodies.
Sending you lot's of Sparkles
Lesley your apprentice :) xxxx

Joanne said...

Those dotee faces look so cute Sue, wish I could sew then Id make myself one, alas Ill have to look at yours instead!

Sorry about your plumbrella, but al those crafty buys, are sooooo lurvely!!! Those flowers look dead smashing, I thinks I needs some!

Good luck at the dentists, your a brave lady!

Joannex

jan said...

Hi Sue, back from hols, just seen this, lovely faces on dotees, hope you enjoyed your time off and Hobbycraft spending too, lovely stash too. Dentist for me next Monday, ugh, but has to be done. i think it is 7 weeks today til Christmas Eve, ...................Jan x

June Nelson said...

Hello darlin!! yee ha Ive managed to get through to you, thanks for the mail. Bless you Ih aope your keeping ok. Sewing all of those little faces must have taken you ages Sue, one patient and talented lady.Off to work now ugh, oh and I want your craft room!!! love and hugs from me xxxxxxxxxxxxxx