Saturday, January 16, 2010

..and Sue was in the counting house, counting out her money...

Four years and eight months...and at last my big fat whisky bottle was FULL!



...which is just aswell, as that 'rainy day' has arrived both physically and metaphorically, and my bank account is in dire need of a sharp intake of cash! In addition to this - the car is in desperate need of fuel...Ive been driving on fumes for miles...yikes!

So, I decided tonights the night for the big count up but OMG...it took forever just to prise the cash out of the bottle.....but I got there in the end...



Piles of 2p's, 5p's and so on...and I started bagging up. At about 2 a.m. I was a tad bored with it all, but felt that I had to keep going as I dont think Dad will appreciate coming down to pennies all over the living room floor! I bagged up a bit more, but by 3 a.m. I really had had enough...so have sorted all the cash into denominations and heaped it all in the cats bed - sorry Bubbles & Daisy - I will carry on tomorrow! Its looking good though, and I might have a good bit left over after filling the car with petrol....though how Tescos will react to forty odd quid in pennies Im not sure...lol! Mmmm...I dont think even I have the nerve to do that!

Anyway...who wants to have a guess at the grand total? We are talking 1p's, 2p's, 5p's, 10p's...just a few 20p's, 2 £1 coins and 1 50p...if that helps lol!

Normal blogging, with some actual crafting projects will resume over the weekend!

Have a great one!
Sue x

ps: Oh, and how did oddments of foreign money, a button and a punched out flower end up in my bottle???

10 comments:

SusieJ said...

Well done Sue!
I'm guessing £52.
Sue xx

June Nelson said...

OOOh Sue you must have patience. Can I have a guess at thsi one 164.58 he he probably only about 100 pounds out lol, hope you are keeping ok and the cats have their bed back lol xxxx

SueB said...

Oh brilliant Sue!!!!
Mind you, I think next time I'd just take the whole lot down to the supermarket, and throw it all into one of those coin counting machines. Ok, they do take their little slice, but saves all that counting, and Daisy and Bubbles get to keep their cosy bed too, lol!
Right, how much, hmmmm, now there's the question, so we're talking nearly five years worth, wow! and the bottle looks pretty big too! I'm going to say £176.18 (pure guess, lol) but hope there's a little left over for some stash buyng!
Well done Sue!! I've just bought a money counting jar from Amazon, that's great too, and saves all the counting, must stop digging into it and re-setting it though, lol!
Suzie xxxxx :)

Valerie-Jael said...

It wasn't me with foreign money!! And who drank all that whisky?? I think you had 44 pounds and 28 pence. Well done on saving it! Here they have a nice machine at the bank, you throw the money into a funnel at the top, it ratters about for 2 mins and then you get a slip of paper with the total, take it to the counter, and can cash it or put it into your account....

tartantaz said...

Id guess about £120?

T x

dottygin said...

well sue, the foreign bits i bet your dad put them in there, as a reminder for you to clear your stuff up after yourself. lol
now you told me in your email at 2am you got to count out £
(ha ha ha im not telling the rest of you)
i would say altogether, £90
is there a prize sue?
i know the foreign bits. lol
gina xxxxxx

sue-bubbles said...

A great idea for a prize Gina, I hadnt thought of that ha ha ha! I would have taken it to the supermarket to be counted, but one: Im too mean to give up 3%, and two: I couldnt lift the darned bottle!!! Luckily I can take it into work in liftable amounts and change it up for notes in our cash office.

But for now....STILL COUNTING!

Sue x

Valerie-Jael said...

Sue was in the counting house,
Counting out her money;
Her cats just sat their watching,
They didn’t find it funny!
Her Dad was in the kitchen,
Brewing up the tea,
And Sue was singing joyfully,
“The money’s all for me!!”

sue-bubbles said...

A grand poem Valerie, and I hope you wont mind me featuring it in a new post with my GRAND TOTAL!
Sue x

Hi it's Maria said...

LOL well done sue, I do mine every 6 months so only get to £20 plus pounds...

great poem val, wish I could think of things so quickly, well done...

maria x