Monday brought me the migraine from hell - it had been brewing all weekend but then went into turbo charge...and I had run out of magic pills...sigh! We all know what that means - I have to run the gauntlet with the doctors receptionist to attempt to get a speedy prescription...double sigh! I fell at the first hurdle - 48 hours she says, and thems are the rules...what is it with these people??? But, the following morning - as I faced a complete waste of my day off, I rang the surgery to beg for mercy..this time, not only did I get straight through to the surgery (unheard of when they have just opened), but I got 'the nice one'...the lady who felt my pain and assured me that my prescription WAS indeed available and I could nip over there straight away...phew!
I finished my cuppa, threw my clothes on and headed out into the frosty air...I didnt care, I NEEDED my drugs!
Feeling slightly better already, I happily picked up my passport to a pain-free day and ventured to the Lloyds chemist on site. Now..Im usually made of sterner stuff, and can resist all their attempts to sell me gadgets they wonder how I live without...ie: pedometers, heart rate monitors and the like...but this time they had me - they had a post-Christmas CLEARANCE section!!!
I sat for some minutes ignoring these shelves...well, only peeping at them with one eye, but Im sure they make sure that the time you wait for your prescription to be filled, is long enough for you to be sucked in...and so I was...
Picking up a digital thermometer on the way, I 'hit the sales', and picked up a delightfully sparkly pink travel clock (???)
Here it is, only £3...how could I resist! lol!

Good grief....!
Anyway, they must have realised that that was all they were going to make out of me, and finally handed me my drugs. I sat in the car and popped a magic pill before heading home, and indeed by the time I got home, I was well on the road to recovery...yay!
So that brings us to Wednesday - its an early start at work (6 am) as its promo changeover day - this means us audit girls zapping a squillion price changes before the shop opens...sometimes we even manage that! But not on this occasion...as the world was white and the roads were grim...yikes!
One good point was, I had popped a screen cosy on the car, so the snow clearing process was a whole lot easier...but the sights I saw on the way to work boggled my mind! The best was the car sitting on top of the central reservation barrier - I have no idea how he (and it was bound to have been a he) managed that, snow or no snow!!! This was followed by cars spinning their wheels and attempted to skid into me...but onwards I went at 20mph without so much as a wobble - woman driver see, we are perfect lol! I picked up our Ella on the way, and although a little late..we got stuck into that zapping and just about finished by the time it was home time!
Here is the lovely view from our office window..we are very lucky to overlook the Rec and it is so pretty...

But of course all this white loveliness starts to melt, then decides to freeze solid by the following morning - its a snow day for me, the roads are treacherous!
Luckily, on the way out of work on the Wednesday, I purchased a few essentials to keep me going if stranded....

Yummy yum yum!
This was a funny old day...despite being up really really early, and being stuck indoors, I seemed to get nothing done. BUT...the best news of the week - my Sizzix order showed up - 22 gorgeous dies...look and drool:




Phew...lots of lovely things to play with there! A big thank you to the DHL man who parked at the end of the road and walked down to me...good on ya!
Friday it was back to work...it was fine once I got out of the estate, you just have to hope no-one else is around to skid into, or into you on the way out...very slowly does it!
So here I am having survived my week...and Im wondering if it would be pushing my luck to head to the Colemans Warehouse in the mornning...they HAVE A SALE ON!!!!!
What do you think....?
Have a very peaceful, safe and happy weekend!
Sue x





10 comments:
Sue well done on surviving your week. I hope you manage to get to your sale. Im so in the mood for going on a craft spending spree but alas its not possible at this time.
Snowy sparkles
T x
sounds an eventful week sue, well done on all your stash buying, and fingers crossed for more today, have fun at colemans...
maria xx
Pleased you survived the week Sue!
Yummy stash to play with and I love that sparkly alarm clock - good find!
Sue xx
Stash spurs sisters on to great deeds....well done, Sue!
Hi Sue,
What a week you had! Sympathies with your migraines - what are those magic pills you are taking?! Lovely goodies, and the buttons are gorgeous (I'm definitely a button girl!). Love your new dies, must chat to you about those sometime. Have a good weekend!
Lots of love,
Maria xx
I was very grateful that you made it in on Wednesday and Friday Sue could have been very lonely days for me if you hadn't and I would probably still been zapping now!!!
Enjoy all your new stash and look forward to seeing some of the results in the office very soon.
Lee xxxx
Sounds like a week and a half Sue, glad your migraine is better and that in your pain misery you didn't spend good crafting £££ on a blood pressure monitor, hope next week is better and that the whole year is a good one.
big hugs
En
I love your writing style!
im glad you got your magic pills sue, and your poor head could rest from pain.
love your yummy goodies, did they last you for the week, or were they all gone in 2 days? lol
you have some great stash there sue. enjoy your playing.
gina xxxxxxx
Wow Sue,what a week!!!!
Did you go to the Colemans SALE :)
The DHL man did good too what lovely dies so many lol....
Take care in the coming week and this time next week I will be looking forward to getting back to work on Monday :)
Sending lot's of sparkles
Lesley & Graybags xxx
Great looking stash haul there Sue! Well done on surviving the week!
Post a Comment