Oh I dont know...I have felt my usual witty scintilating self lately..lol, and on top of that - our pc is very poorly. I dont mean 'man flu' poorly, or 'phoning into work and putting on your poorly voice when you have a bad back' poorly....I mean BLUE SCREEN poorly, otherwise known in the trade I gather as 'THE SCREEN OF DEATH'...sigh!
After its last minor illness following a spate of power cuts, you might recall I dashed out to purchase a memory stick with the intent of transferring all my photos off the old banger and onto my lappy. Well...I made a good start, I think I got all of last year, and maybe a couple of months of 2008...but then the novelty wore off and I gave up...sigh!
I do have a brother who is a computer whizz...and Im hoping upon hope that one day he will be able to bypass the screen of death and rescue my photos, but he has an awful lot on his plate just now so we are looking at buying a new pc as Dad NEEDS his solitaire (and evidently, a pack of cards just doesnt cut it any more!), and we are fighting over the lappy.
For some reason (madness I expect), I feel compelled to sit at the pc desk to use my lappy. I dont have the lappy on the desk...it is propped, well...on my lap - quite uncomfy really - but I have the mouse on the mouse mat shelf, rather than on a cushion if I was slobbed on the sofa, and my feet up on the arm of the armchair, so it kind of works I guess.... until I attempt to get up that is!
As some of you know, I am suffering not insignificantly just now with a very dodgy hip. I say hip, but thats just a polite way of saying bum muscle...yow, it dont half hurt! Being stuck in one position, with lappy on lap, therefore preventing me from wriggling...I find I seize up, and I must look like some 105 year old biddy when I need to prise myself off this chair!
And all of that waffle is my excuse for not blogging lately! lol!
Oh, and maybe the arrival of new goodies, in particular - Tim Holtz goodies! My lovely forum buddies create such beautiful things with his inks, stamps and pearls, and I have been very frustrated with these for a long time as all I make is a big fat mess. BUT, it turns out that the problem was - I didnt have enough stash...ha ha ha...well, not enough of the right stash - so the last week has seen me put that to rights!
Firstly, QVC brought us a TSV with Tims book and a little selection of supplies. Then, on Saturday it was demo day at Colemans, so a nice long list of Tim's goodies was made...and I was shopping for two as Gina needed supplies too. Saturday came around, and as I was about to leave, I knocked myself into my bedroom door. This sent shockwaves to the poorly hip, and OMG I could barely walk...such agony! Any normal person would have taken to the sofa and groaned all day long, but me..I had a rendezvous with a crafty warehouse and nothing, but NOTHING was going to stop me! I hobbled out to the car, poured myself in it and headed off to Colemans. Just my luck, the car park attendant pointed me to a far away space...which considerably delayed my arrival at Colemans door! Now then, this is a pretty crowded place and people need to shoot here and there, and here and there again...and all I did was get in everyones way. I couldnt just step...I had to think about the direction I wanted to go in, and kind of launch myself and brace myself for the pain. Only for crafty stash would I go through this..and it was oh so worth it! I couldnt be standing around thinking about things...should I have this or that - it was a case of 'chuck it the basket', hobble around the whole place to check I hadnt missed anything, then head for the till. At least the pain of my hip took my mind off the pain of the numbers that appeared on the till...he he! And then when I got home, my lovely new stash took my mind off my hip - sorted! Here is a piccie of 'some' of my new stash....

I have ink pads, re-inkers, crackle paints (which I adore!), stickles, perfect pearls...and so much more - lovely! I have shut myself away in the emporium and am slowly getting to grips with my new supplies. Ive a long way to go before I create beautiful things like my friends, but Im getting there...phew!
Now, I think I do have photos on the pc that were heading for my little blog, but Im darned if I can think what they were. But I do have some things to show you.....if you are still with me here....lol!
Firstly, I made these really random atc's for my buddies Gina, Maria and Valerie. They wanted the template for the little paper birdie I made, so to accompany that I thought I would make them a birdie themed atc...

I hope you like them girls!
Inbetween all this crafting, stash buying and hobbling, I actually had an evening out...woohoo!
The office chicks went out for a lovely meal to celebrate Lynns' retirement...here we are, with nice full tummies!

Everyone had been raving about the 'triple chocolate pudding', and I thought they were all having it....but as it turns out....I was the only piggy - just feast your eyes on my pud!

About ten minutes and one sticky toffee pudding, one chocolate pudding, and one spotted dick AND custard later....

Yummy yum yum!!!
And now Ive reminded myself that I have one of those new Galaxy Bubbles bars with my name on it out in the kitchen!
Must dash!
If you've reached this far (particularly if you didnt scroll down to get here), well done, and thank you for popping by!
Sue x





10 comments:
Great to see you blogging again Sue! Sorry about your hip (and I hope it's soon sorted) but so pleased it didn't stop you buying yummy stash!
WTG with your ATCs - fab! I'm still at the messy stage but I think it's because I don't have enough stash ( thanks for pointing that out btw. lol!). I soooo need some perfect pearls (I have the book etc!).
Sparkles,
Sue xx
p.s. you're looking very glam in the photo and it would have been rude not to order that pud!
i enjoyed reading about your day on saturday, but sparkles for your poor hip.
fabulous stash you bought there, and thankyou for shopping for me as well.
that pudding looked yummy and i dont blame your for ordering it and finishing it. how often do you eat out?
i cant wait to see what youve been upto with tims inks.
lots of sparkles
gina xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Sue
Lovely to see you blogging again in your usual delightful animated way!!!
So jealous of your perfect pearls - struggling to get them up here! Love the look of your pud and am so jealous as my body has started creating havoc when I try to eat chocolate - £**(£^$*£()"&^%£*()"$&&*£&*((*&&((() (my thoughts on that !!!!
Right missus - sparkles for your hip and I'm off.
Gillxxxx
Finally Sue!!!! Thank god you had a day off from all that zapping and up dated the blog!!! The picture came out really well and none of us look bloated or drunk well except Anne and she has an excuse!!! The meal was really lovely and even better as it was a freebie....who can we get to retire next?
Hope your hip will allow you to hobble in tomorrow as I'm re-training Myra in cash office ready for the big hand over.
Love Lee xxxx
I thought you'd fallen off the edge of the blogging world Sue!! Glad to read your always entertaining chat again! And i'm sure i NEED some of that crackle paint.......
love to see you posting again sue, reading it always cheers me up, thanks and thank you for my fab ATC, I love it...
sparkles for your poory hip and cannot wait to see what you do with your new stash...
maria xx
Gosh every thing just dispeared my very long comment with it (silly blogger) well at least you wont have to read all my waffle I am not doing it again! Needless to ay Tim Holtz was a big feacher so pop by my blog and let me lnow when you have had chance to play I love TH
Love Dawn xx
Fab to see you blogging again Sue, and great to hear you're having so much fun with Tim!
Suzie xxxx :)
Well, I def. liked mine! Thanks a lot, Sue!
i enjoyed reading your day too, wow lovely stash , and yummy pud too. Sorry about your hip, hope you feel better soon, Jan x
Post a Comment