So, where do I begin.....
Lets start with the absolute highlight of the month - Joe and Kates engagement and their wonderful barn dance! It was simply fabulous with a huge bunch of wonderful people, and SO well organised...you are a star Kate! I do have oodles of photos but have been a tad disappointed that they have come out very dark...I am still working on them and will make a nice slide show eventually, but for now a few treats....firstly Kates amazing dress in action:

...a bit of a fan of rainbows arent you Kate..lol!
Here I am, a very proud Mummy with Joe and Kate...
...and not forgetting Tom and Roz...
There was a fabby group who played fiddles, whistles, an accordian, a guitar...and more, along with a very good teacher to lead us through the steps to each dance...and she certainly got everyone up and galloping! When I say 'us' - I managed the one dance, which was probably more excercise than Ive had for the last 5 years put together...and which left me playing at being official photographer from then on until joining in with the last dance at the end...phew I was tattered! I was in awe of the energy of everyone else, who danced the whole night long without the huffing and puffing (and very red face) that accompanied my efforts! Everyone had a marvellous time, and with the no booze rule, there would have been no sore heads the next day...bonus...though among the 'old fogies' among us...maybe the odd blister or dodgy hip!
Before setting off home (and we will get onto the journeys in a bit...gulp!), Tom Roz and I followed Joe and Kate home so that we could see their house for the first time since they moved in 3 1/2 years ago! Well, it IS a long way away!
I presented them with Carols gift...you do get the maddest gifts Carol, and this was no exception...
Ha ha ha...Joe and Kate loved their scarecrow family, and we decided that they were just the thing for their 'meadow' - AKA unmown front lawn - I do hope you got a snap Joe & Kate!
Of course I made a card for the occasion, suitably colourful of course@

Oh, and a got to cuddle their pet ratties:
Backtracking a little...the evening of the party happened to coincide with Englands first game of the World Cup. As it happened, just down the way from the venue, there was a pub who were clearly watching the game on a screen in the gardens. In the name of getting a little fresh air (and having a ciggie..lol!), Roz Tom and I wandered along to see how the game was going - there was quite a party atmosphere...
....not for long though....what a pigs ear they have been making of it eh! A bit like me in my own World Cup campaign really. We have a competition running at work where we all had to predict the scores of all the matches in advance and we get 4 points if we get the scores spot on, and a point if we get the result correct, ie: who won, or if it was a draw. Well... I spent hours pouring over form, and thinking long and hard about who would kick whose arse and all that, so where am I sitting in the league....a big fat last...ha ha ha! The good news is that its Lesley who is kicking everyones arse - you go girl, show them guys how its done!
So, a few words about this journey to the party....if I told you we used SatNav, I believe that no other words would be needed really! Is there a setting that says, take me as the crow flies regardless of how unsuitable the surfaces are to drive on? It sure was pretty, but also pretty bloody dangerous in places, with some roads being single track with curves and bends so sharp I dont know how we made it there alive - Roz...you are a star driver!!! At one point we did actually end up almost in a ditch, I cant believe the car wasnt damaged, as some boy racers came at us way too fast...yikes! (Can I just add here...as I think about it, despite the real and present dangers, I still wasnt as terrified as I am when in the car with Dad heading for Tscos half a mile away...just a thought!) The scenery was stunning though - a nice drive through the Cotswolds, and one house was SO posh they had a whole herd of spotty deer in their garden! The funny thing is, one minute you are literally in the middle of nowhere, on a road that isnt even a road...and the next 'you have reached your destination'...phew! We found the motorways to come home...
Inbetween all this partying, sightseeing and ratty cuddling I have been doing lots of crafting, albeit in little doses, so as always a project takes me yonks and yonks. I think I have just about finished one of the mini-albums I am making and I will make a little slide show when I am sure it is done - I will get my sisters opinion tomorrow. And speaking of my sister...it is her birthday just about now, and I will upload her card in a few moments - she can have her very own post!
Have a great Sunday y'all....and lets hope the sun shines!
Sue x





2 comments:
Looks like a fab party, loads of fun love that dress :)
What a great night out Sue! Not sure about the rats though .lol!
Sat nav - who needs it?! We once spebt an hour driving round Leeds (following the route suggested by sta nav) only to be brought to the pedestrian entrance to the car park - the air was blue!
Looking forward to seeing your crafty bits and pieces.
Hugs,
Sue xx
p.s. what great scarecrows!
Post a Comment