Saturday, June 26, 2010

Quick...before its too late....HAPPY JUNE!

A tad (yonks) late, but here is my June calendar page for Kate...




I took advantage of a piccie taken after Joe and Kates engagement do - showing off their delightful scarecrows who are now residing on their very own meadow (AKA unmown front lawn). I created a ribbon strip to match their engagement card and layered these onto K&Company Mira paper...gorgeous! The small letters came from my K&Co treasure, and the 'june' letters from (one of) my Brenda Pinnick box of delights.

Will I ever catch up with life...???

Well, this week sure has been a hot one...



I mention this as my previous two posts to my little blog have rather jinxed the weather and made it go the opposite way. This would be very welcome right now as we are promised the hottest day of the year tomorrow....so I say, bring on the rain and at least ten degrees less please ;) The power of the blog...will it work...when I actually want it to work?!?

It has been a week of sport of course, but lets draw a veil over the footie...what a shambles our mob are - 2 measly goals so far in the World Cup...they are a disgrace!

However, over at Wimbledon things certainly hotted up - with the longest game/match/set ever....you go Hamut and Esner...WOW! I have rather lost interest in the tennis in recent years, it doesnt seem as exciting as it did in the days of McEnroe, and earlier with Borg and Connors, oh and not forgetting Nastasi - but this was thrilling taking no less than three days to complete...phew...it wore me out watching it! I only joined in at about 44/45, but there was plenty of entertainment to come from then on. I wonder if I am the only mad moo who took a photo of their tele at the end...lol!



Well, it was rather special...!

Thursday brought pleasure and pain...the pleasure being that it was pay day...woohoo, and the pain being that I had lost the ability to buy stash...aaggghhh! I was afflicted with this ghastly lurgy for many hours - overnight in fact, I dont know how I got to sleep knowing that I had pennies in the bank and was incapable of putting them to good use. However, with the support of my crafty buddies, I was soon back on track - at last ordering a funky chicken (which is a die, not a cuddly toy....Gina lol!) from ebay. This cute little thing arrived on my mat less than 24 hours later which was a treat...how we hate waiting for stuff! Having warmed up a little, I managed to pay a successful visit to cuttingedge where a couple more things found their way into my basket...but this was all just a warm up for the big event - Colemans demo day today...ah...heaven!

As I drove over there at high speed, I was still in two minds about whether I would find something to buy...no really, I was! But this was Colemans mega warehouse, and I just knew it wouldnt let me down - it would cure me once and for all, and surely it did...yay! Here are a few piccies of todays treasures...











..just a few bits and bobs, and thats not all. A lady was demo'ing sizzix dies and she had one or two that I had been thinking about buying, but my anti-stash virus has blocked me. So as soon as I got home I headed once again to cuttingedge to shove those in my basket, as they are cheaper on there...ta da...cured!

So have I done any actual crafting you might wonder??? Well, not a lot it has to be said...its been way too hot, but I have made a start on my second puppy album and this is how my desk was looking today....things on the go....



...its something eh!

So come on girls, brush up on your rain dance steps....or I will need to be taking some crafting leave due to heat stroke! (Lee...your face...lol!)

Have a great Sunday all, it will be a sports fest here with the Spanish Grand Prix followed by the footie...I dont fancy our chances much ;( , but we will fly the flag.

Hugs and sparkles, Sue x

7 comments:

SueB said...

I'm rain dancing as we speak Sue! Pheweeeeee it is soooooooo HOT!!! and no way can I craft in this heat, so good job I got my ATC out of the way, otherwise, I think I would have had to give it a miss!

I love your scarecrow pic Sue and what you've done with it, what fun!!! I've seen those lovely scarecrows and thought I'd get one or two for the garden, only one or two mind, are there any left in the shops? I think Jo and Kate may have got the lot! lol!

I missed the big tennis event, but heard all about it, Wow! just amazing!

I adore all your scrummy stash Sue. I also have that K&Co paper set which I bought as a TSV ages ago and adore it. I would really love to get hold of another one, the papers are just lush as is the folder. There is no Colmans near me though :(
Enjoy it all Sue, it looks Fab!!!!

Suzie xxxxx :)

SusieJ said...

Yay! You are cured! I was sooooo worried when you lost your desire to buy stash. Thank goodness all is well - great haul from Colman's - we don't have one here either:(
Please don't make it rain - I might have to tackle the "h" and "i" words.
Love your June page - that ribbon strip is yummy!
Enjoy the sport..I shall no doubt be watching the footy with my hands over my eyes - bound to be tense.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Netty said...

Brilliant scrap page Sue, love it. Sorry I missed you again at Colemans mega sale but you looked as if you got some great things to play with.......me too....lol Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Annette x

tea_bag said...

Wow Sue you really had me worried there for some time, I was thinking that maybe you might have to see a specialist to cure you of this very strange none craftbuyingitous, but Woohoo you are cured!

Yes please a bit of rain would go down well, its a tad too hot now

hugs alma xx

Hi it's Maria said...

WOW was that a long post or was that a long post, what were you trying tom do sue out beat the tennis players, lol...

great calender page, and in time (just, how's the june ATC coming on, lol)...

also fab haul of stash, was so pleased to see you're cured, as was worried if you stopped buying what hope was there for the rest of us...

and keep up with that rain dance as my poor lawn, looks so dead....

maria xx

Anonymous said...

URGH I'm shattered and that was BEFORE I read your blog, you're all or nothing....haha anyway I love reading it and my fav bit is the photo of your tv with the tennis on only you could do that!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous June page Miss Bubbles and I spy my super scissors you are so naughty :)x
The stash is fabulous glad you not lost your way lol......
And the heat is good means my veggies are starting to bloom bout time the green house is bursting :)
We must go to Colemans soon please when I can get a Saturday off & who knows I may be booking some crafting leave soon lol..
Sending oddles of sparkles to you & your buddies.
Your apprentice Lesley xxx
ps hope I can still hold no 1 position in our footie competition ha ha x