Friday, June 4, 2010

The return of the lazy blogger.....

So where have I been...? Taking in the sights in NYC or sunning myself on a yacht in Monte Carlo...?

No, sadly not...I have simply been faffing about - a couple of weeks of total faff...sigh!

The week before this one...mmm...that would be 'last week' then, I was of course busy doing all of Lee's zapping as she went swanning off on her hols..lol! Im so glad you had a fabby holiday Lee...at our very own private castle at Brownsea, how wonderful - and what a gorgeous tan you have! Im glad you are now back with me to share the zapping..and better still, to take the bloody phone...you are SO good to take the phone! Promo next week...already, come on Lee join in....SIGH!

Then somehow...I dont know how it happened, but I got roped in to making no less than 160 invites for a worky do that is coming up in July. That minx Barbara sucks me in by 'making me' go to Colemans for supplies (oh the sacrifice!), and the next thing I know Im sitting in the meeting room with Barbara and Lin up to our ear'oles in glue sticks and punches, with Barb doing a turn on the guillotine and Lin serenading us with tunes from Over the Rainbow - unforgettable! lol! Anyway, by about 2.30 we had all had enough so I brought all the bits home to do here....again, how did THAT happen?! Well, I have to say...I did feel rather guilty at thinking up such a labour intensive design for the blooming invites, involving the sticking on of some very curly and fiddly die-cuts - Ive been at it all week and hooray...they are finally done! However, most are still needing their teeny weeny star peel-offs sticking on, and as Lin so very kindly offered to take that task on, I will be passing the bundle over to her on Monday...phew!

Inbetween all this faffing, I did have a very VERY exciting day last Sunday when I found myself purchasing my Mum of the groom outfit for Joe & Kate's wedding next year! Carol and I had spotted it some weeks ago and at the time I thought it would be perfect but was too financially challenged at the time to even consider getting it. But then, last Sunday, when we just nipped out to get some cat treats for my fussy kitties, I saw the outfit at a greatly reduced price....so what could I do but have a little try on then head for the till and hold my breath while she was putting my debit card through! Here is my lovely outfit...



Its so much more lovely in real life of course, so pretty and floaty - not like anything I normally wear, but I am so looking forward to very much looking 'the part' at Joe & Kates wedding at the Arboretum! Next stop...hat, shoes, handbag...oh joy!

I have managed a little personal crafting too, inbetween sticking piggin swirls on - Im working on a couple of albums for my youngest boys using photos of their puppies mostly...the first one is coming along nicely and I will reveal all when it is finished.

The weather....well, what can one say?!? Freezing one minute, boiling the next! One day in the week I was planning on building an Ark, the next I was rootling out the Factor 30! Its been a fine day today...lovely and sunny but not too hot, lets hope it lasts!

Oh sad news...well maybe...I went out to check on my birdie for the first time in a few days, and I would say she has flown the coop but the coop, or rather her nest is gone too, so I dont know - has she simply moved house or have those nasty magpies eaten her??? I think I will tell myself that she found a better tree and is living happily ever after elsewhere - its less painful that way! Although those blooming magpies have been lurking.....

Anyway, I hope to enjoy plenty of crafting over the weekend - more work on the little albums, and also I have set the monthly challenge over on docrafts so I need to knock up a page or two for that...I really do need to join in this month seeing as its my challenge! The theme I have set is 'before and after' or 'then and now' - using whatever supplies you fancy. I have something in mind for one page..but I am yet to take the 'after' photo! So many projects, so little time!

Have a great weekend all, and my special sparkles for next week are going to our Lesley - may you be blessed with plenty of drugs! lol!

Sue x

11 comments:

SusieJ said...

Sue - that outfit is fabulous! You really will look the part (when the photo first appeared I thought you'd posted your new Waitrose uniform.lol Well, I am still half asleep!).
Your crafty faffing sounds good - really looking forward to seeing the albums with the puppies.
Hugs and sparkles,
Sue xx

CoventryAnn said...

Beautiful dress Sue, love the pink :)

sue-bubbles said...

LOL @ Susie...how wonderful would that be, wafting around Waitrose in this get up every day...he he! At least this dress wont need ironing, which is more than can be said for the upcoming new uniform...aaggghhh!
Sue x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
I'm really loving the outfit...
I totally agree that would be a nice new uniform but can't imgine my Peter in Pink totally not his colour...mind you I'm having kittens just thinking about him having to wear a pinny LOL.

Well our Lesley and Ella have had a great morning beautifying the notice boards in the corridor and what did they leave me to do....zapping in bloody cards (only two small boxes today) and sorting and barkering up next weeks promo barkers...oh what joy!!! Still Ella was taking over when I left so they should all be ready for monday.

Have a sunny long weekend see you tuesday

Sunny sparkles

Lee xxx

Carole said...

Gorgeous outfit Sue - wow you will be a fab MOG! Good luck with the "accessories" shopping ...!
Carole xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjoy your faffing, sometimes it is just the thing we need to do!!

Anonymous said...

Sue I read this earlier and it exhausted me, had to have a rest before I could reply, been a very busy bee you have.

Love the dress am expecting lots of photos

jackie(worcs) said...

I love reading your chatty blog Sue, keep up the good work hun!
Jackie :-)

tea_bag said...

Sue I love your outfit, imagine how wonderful it will look in the phtos hugs alma xx

Anonymous said...

Sue as you can tell I am catching up well your outfit is fabulous you will look gorgeous.
Can't wait for the hat,shoes & handbag maybe a shop each month lol.
Thanks for the sparkles I been feeling them all week and especially today as you can tell just chilling till its time to meet George or the Professor.
Hope you had a fabulous promo day "Office Chicks Rule"
Lots of Love Lesley :)xxxxx

Hi it's Maria said...

fab outfit sue, you will look great in it...

and pleased your part of the invites are all finished, lol...

maria xx