Friday, July 30, 2010

Hello from the house of pain....!

If there was an Olympic sport for moaning and groaning, me and my Dad would be fighting over gold - what a pathetic pair we are! If its not my Dad groaning 'Ooo me back' every single time he moves, its me grimacing (not only at all his moaning!) as I limp around the place with my sore hip! I am literally rattling with medication, none of which is making a jot of difference...sigh!


Martyr that I am, I have turned up to work each day this week...not that I have been much use, but I hope that getting the morning bits done and the urgent zapping was better than nothing - and I have to thank Lee, Ella & Alison for picking up where I prematurely left off each day...thank you! I think I only saw the week out as I knew that I had two weeks holiday coming....and hooray that day is here...phew!

Fingers crossed a good rest, and probably another visit with the quack will sort things out....it HAS to - Im not ready for my zimmer frame yet!

On the bright side, postie has been very kind to me this week...bringing me not one, but two parcels from cuttingedge - well, there is always something else one NEEDS, and I have started to play with my new goodies...thats a work in progress so all will be revealed later. I also had a couple of mags in the door - Papercraft Inspirations which is particularly good this time, and Scrapbooking Magazine, which is always good! Lots of inspiration there which will hopefully fire up my mojo during these next two weeks, as the best news is - the comfiest place for me to sit is in my emporium chair!

A little update of the 'bug' project....mmmm....it has currently been abandoned with the components hanging in my emporium tree waiting for some life support...



Look at the state of them...the middle one is fine and dandy, but the other two refuse to hang the right way up...doh! They turned out so beautiful - I worked them both sides so that they could hang as a mobile....but not wonky like this! I will have to have a re-think and turn them into something else I guess....

I have to confess this week that despite protesting that 'I am NOT getting involved!', I have been sucked in hook line and sinker to various games on Facebook! Those minx's Gina and Green Tea badgered me something rotten....'all you have to do is agree to be a neighbour' they said, 'you dont have to actually play'.... Yeah well, the next thing I know, Im fitting flowery walls into my cafe and have saved hard so that I could have nice pretty tables with gingham table clothes, I have a pet called Muffin who has a kitchen that I am going to transform into a thing of beauty (as long as I can persuade enough people to become neighbours..lol...and raise enough coins!), AND most recently a shop which needs stocking up every minute of the day.....and Im exhausted with it all! I lie in bed at night worrying that I might not get up in time before my pumpkin pie spoils.....and the worst thing of all is.....I KNEW it would be like this...lol!

Hey ho...lets hope I can tear myself away from all those shenanigans and do something crafty for the next fortnight!

You take care all, until next time....

Sue x

6 comments:

Netty said...

Hi Sue, am so sorry that it is still as bad as ever. Hopefully the rest will help. But you are not helping yourself are you....opening a shop....stocking up and goodness knows what else...you are a sucker for punishment......lol Take care, Annette x

SusieJ said...

Sparkles for your sore hip Sue. Enjoy your two weeks of crafting - good that your emporium chair is comfy!
I have resisted the games on Facebook (can't spend even more time online and not crafting lol) and will continue to do so - mind I said that about Twilight and look what happened there!!
Hugs,
Sue xx
p.s. beautiful butterflies.

Netty said...

What time were you thinking of going to Colemans on Saturday. I usually go in the morning about 11am. Annette x

jackie(worcs) said...

Hi Sue! Sorry to hear your hippy is still jippy :-(. My back and leg are still acting up too, the pain killers dont work anymore, Im immune to them! LOL. Now as to FB, well you gotta get a grip, you work in a shop and so you opened a shop on FB! Heheheheheh! I only play FarmVille. Im not letting that Green Tea and Gina suck me in..........tho the scrapbooking gift swap thingy bob app is cute...
Jackie :-D

Anonymous said...

Sue the reason I'm so organised is because I don't play the games hehe. I hate anything that eats into my craft time.

Sorry to hear about the pain, have you tried accupuncture?

Hi it's Maria said...

oh sue, sending you tons of sparkles for your hip and legs, as for FB, you've only got yourself to blame, HAHAHA you gave in, lol...

have a great crafty couple of weeks...

maria xx