Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Princess and the Pea....thats me....

....but more about that in a bit!

Firstly an update on my jippy hip. The very good news this week was that my bloods came back clear of a variety of diseases. The bad news is that my hip doesnt believe it and still hurts...silly hip! Try as I might, I couldnt wrestle some super steroids from my doc with the bloods being good, so I have been given some anti-inflammatories instead. Day one, and I am feeling decidedly woozy...but am still going up the stairs on all fours! However, its very early days and Im hopeful that a restful weekend will sort me out...and I only have one more week of zapping then I really can rest up for a fortnight which will hopefully see off the hobbling and crawling up the stairs! If not, I am going to be sent to a specialist...gulp!

Of course the very best news this week is that it was PAY DAY...and we know what that means...get the 'buy now' finger at the ready and get busy busy busy! lol! Im sure Cuttingedge Crafts are waiting with a package addressed ready for me during the last week in every month, as that is always my first port of call. There are some new fabby dies out which I simply had to have - phrases like hugs, hello and thanks...and another background shape, plus, while I was about it, some Marianne dies (flowers & fancy leaves) and a cupcake chipboard album just to pad the parcel out a bit! I will look forward to that little lot turning up...scrummy!

Before I could do the online shopping however, I had to check that we had indeed been paid (where was your txt Lee???) I had to nip to the docs for my prescription so I diverted to Weston Favell on the way home and had a good old mooch about. I got myself a beautiful shirt in New Look - amazingly they did have something in my BIG size...usually they appear to sell clothes for dolls!!! I will be wearing that tomorrow evening as my son Jamie is taking me out for a meal...nice!

Then I thought I would nip in Tescos for a sheet for my bed. I was very much in need of this as I am such a fidget that my feet made a hole in my bottom sheet which grew and grew until it was a right old state! I actually ended up buying the whole caboodle - a new duvet (climate controlled apparently?!?), a duvet cover & pillowcases and a sheet. I did actually pick up a pack of 3 pairs of knickers aswell, but by the time I got to the checkout I found that the pack was open and I was two pairs down...I had been dropping my drawers around the store.... and I wasnt about to go searching for them! Oh well, back to the grey and frayed pants!

Anyway, back home and I put my new linen through the wash & tumble (absolutely NO ironing!) and proceeded to strip the bed.....and this is where the Princess and the Pea comes in...he he! You see, when I get a new duvet, I dont discard the old one...I place it under the bottom sheet to make things nice and cosy - and there are 4 or 5 under it now...so things are mega-cosy! But when I bought a double sheet to go on my double bed, I failed to consider the not insignificant thickness of all these duvets and my goodness, was it a struggle to get the sheet to stretch over the whole lot! Im not convinced it will hold...I envisage waking in the night all knotted up in my raspberry coloured sheet! We will see.....but I am looking forward to sinking into my cosy nest thats for sure!

Craft wise, I am working on a little project using my Tim Holtz butterfly die...mmm....I think its a butterfly, it could be a dragonfly, or maybe a cross between the two? Its very nice anyway and Im enjoying putting all these 'critters' together and any day now I will decide exactly what Im going to do with them (so many ideas!) Photos of course will follow.

Well blog hoppers, thats my waffle for this evening... or rather this morning! Wishing you all a fabby weekend my lovelies - take it easy!


Sweet dreams!

Sue x

10 comments:

jackie(worcs) said...

LOL! I dont know, dropping your drawers in Tesco! Shame on you!LOL.
Jackie :-D

SusieJ said...

Have a great weekend Sue - hope you were very cosy in your nest.
Enjoy your meal out too!
Sparkles for your hip.
Hugs,
Sue xx
p.s. looking forward to your next project.

Crafting to stay sane! said...

Lol Sue! You do realise that if you continue that with the duvets you will need a ladder to climb into bed!!!!
Hope you have a pain free weekend I am sending lots of healing sparkles your way!
hugs Alyson x

Hi it's Maria said...

LOL sue and loosing your draws round tesco, hahaha... was thinking what customer picked them up wondering what they were, lol.. then too embarrassed to put them down when realizing lol...

your bed sounds fab, and cannot wait to see your new project, hope they're behaving their selves now, lol...

maria xx

dottygin said...

i can see some old man chasing you sue, lady youve dropped your drawers. lol lol

your bed sounds soooo comfy, no wonder your our sleeping beauty.
gina xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well Sue at least you were dropping your knickers in Tesco's wouldn't be the done thing in Waitrose he he. Actually I don't think we sell them anyway.....phew thats a relief could just see Mikes face lol.

I had a thought about your bed its probably that making your hip and back ache its to soft!!! Just a thought...but no wonder your always so warm in bed then.

Right better go and get ready for Larry and Lynn's do in the town hall.

C U next week

Happy buying sparkles Lee xx

sue-bubbles said...

Rather you than me Lee...he he! Im all togged up as my Jamie is taking me out for a chinese meal tonight...I (and my dc buddies) reeled him in with his album...and threats of violence (thats the dc girls, not me..lol!)

Have a lovely time Lee!
Sue x

DoodlesDumpkins said...

Sue I can't believe you left your knickers around the shop in Tesco!
I hope you sleep well in your new bedding and had a lovely chinese.

DGgirl said...

Sue, First of all, as always, thanks for giving me a giggle with your post.

Hope you had a nice meal out.

Dropping your pants in Tesco's can only cement your online reputation missus!!!! LOL

Look forward to seeing your next crafty offering Sue - know it will be fabby as always sweetie. Oh, and sparkles for that nasty hip.

Gillxxx

Anonymous said...

Sue I'm speachless {again} All those duvets in your bed, eugh think of all the bugs in there too talk about a nightmare!

Do let me know how you get on with your temperature controlled duvet....I'd love to know if it actually works