Saturday, July 10, 2010

Today I learned something......if you dont like ironing.....


....lose weight!

OK I used the dirty word, and worse still I did the dirty deed today...




I ironed not one, not two but FOUR articles of clothing....no wonder beads of sweat were pouring from my brow - indeed they still are and this all occurred at least an hour ago!

It was while carrying out this tortuous procedure that it came to mind that when I last did some serious ironing (I mean FOUR pieces...aaaggghhh!), I was probably a size 10...mmm okay, maybe a 12 for comfort on occasion....and I have expanded somewhat since then...sigh!



Dragging the instrument of torture up and down, and side to expansive side of my size 16 blouse...I felt like the task would never end - surely this cant be right I thought....it doesnt take this long to flatten one blouse...surely?!? But then as I carted my beautiful wrinkle-free garments up the stairs, I blew the cobwebs off the handle of my 'size 10 drawer' and did a little compare and contrast. It all became blatently clear then - for every one blouse that I am pressing now, I could have done two or three in the good old days - in the same time and using the same amount of agonising effort. So in reality then....I didnt just press four garments - as awful as that was....but the equivalent of about 9, maybe even 12!!!!

If that isnt a bloody good reason to hit the SlimFast plan I dont know what is!!!

While 'researching' for this little blog post, I came upon a little cartoon which I couldnt fit into my tale (not quite anyway...lol!) but just had to share with you....



Love it! Ho hum...give it another year.....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue I love it, and have a secret to the ironing...a press thingy is much easier or beter still there are people out there who will iron for you, apparently, i've not used them but supervise the collection and return of my bosses ironed clothes.

Love the cartoon...very tarty can see I've been teaching you well hahah

sue-bubbles said...

I think the 'other people' method sounds much more preferable than the press thingy Sall - I have one of those under the stairs somewhere - they ARE fabulous....if you have a thing about burned wrists, fingers and forearms! lol!
Sue x

SusieJ said...

Great post Sue! Funny cartoons too!
Sue xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Sue, how did you get that pic of me trying on my bikini?? You been spying on me again?

sue-bubbles said...

Ha ha ha...oh dont Valerie...you made me spit my tea all over the keyboard...lol! Im still puzzling over how google images got a picture of me doing some ironing...they must have been going round with their van at the time...lol!

Hi it's Maria said...

HAHAHAHA sue, great post and cartoons and val's reply, lol... was going to say the same but the cartoon was a little thinner than me, lol...

maria x

dottygin said...

ha ha ha i love it.
when your wearing your newly pressed clothes sue, you will look lovely.
loving the tale of lose weight or iron, you should open a debate about that. lol
gina xxxxxxxx

Netty said...

Well Sue I laughed my socks off, but what you have said makes sense. never looked at ironing that way. As soon as I find where I put the board will do a bit of timing. Loved the cartoon at the end, just brilliant. Annette xx

Anonymous said...

loving the jokes Sue Bubbles bless i shall send graybags round he loves ironing oh joy ........
I bet he will sort mine tomorrow when me & you are are doing our stuff at work.....
I have been a good apprentice and created some lovely hugs & honey cards :)
See you at 7.30am missing you already Love Lesley xxxxx

tea_bag said...

lol I also have a secret to ironing...dont do it

Carole said...

LOL! I'm loving the boobs in the bottoms!!! How funny! Val you are a hoot too!

Hugs - Carole x

DGgirl said...

Hi Sue

No-one tells a cautionary tale quite like yurself missus. I absolutely loved your cartoons, especially the last one!

I'm a "get another person to do it" person when things are too busy and finances allow. It's actually great value considering the time it frees up for crafting LOL!!!

Gillxxx