Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back by popular demand! lol! Crafting Leave - Week One!

Oh dear, here I am still incapacitated when my vacation is over and I should be busy zapping at work....SO sorry office chicks!
Its been a funny old week...and despite spending most of it reclining on the sofa, I do have a few bits and bobs to share with you.

Lets get the hip news out of the way first...or is it my spine - the medics cant agree??? I had my first assessment at the physio on Monday with Michelle, who is very nice and very thorough....'what bad falls have you had in your whole living memory? !!! The questioning (third degree) took some time and then it was onto the examination of my apparently extremely deformed body! Evidently my spine is 'all to pot' with twists and curves, my feet sit too flat on the floor making my knees be in the wrong position....AND my belly button is in the wrong place! WOW...I never realised just how wonky I was! Anyway...she recommends an MRI scan to determine the exact site of the current problem....my whole body by the sound of things, but they dont dish out scans willy nilly do they so she will work with what she can, and lets hope I will be rid of the walking stick soon! I returned to see her on Wednesday for the pummeling...yow...and Im not really sure how I felt after that! Bruised is one word that comes to mind, however the massage along with the right meds (at last!) have eased my pain while resting and that is an improvement. As far as a scan is concerned, only the hospital can organise that...and after a bit of a mix up with booking that appointment...on account of the doc giving me the choice of a number of hospitals far and wide and NOT the local one, I finally did get booked in up the road but not until the end of October...doh! So I guess Michelle had better work her magic eh! I will see her again next Wednesday...and that is the news of my hip, back, belly button!?!
Inbetween visits to the physio, Tuesday brought much mirth when our online Tescos shop arrived...a first for us! I was only just out of my bed when the knock on the door came, so it was left to Dad to grapple with the many bags....ha ha ha....all I could hear from the safety of the bathroom was, 'bloody hell' and other expletives! Well, he did let me loose on the web with HIS debit card, and without any supervision....so one had to well and truly fill my cart! Thankfully, having dragged all the bags into the hall, he was too pooped to actually unpack them....which gave me the chance to nip down and hide the big pack of Sharpie pens I had ordered he he...he is none the wiser!

Another highlight of the week has been our mega delivery of pies and liquer...140 pies to be exact and 70 pots of liquer...yay! We had a taster last week, then sent the guy down to do some serious pie shopping! Here is our Sunday lunch last week...



...and Carol & Dad getting stuck in...



I just know Lesley will be licking her chops thinking yum yum, and Gina will be gagging at those piccies lol!

Now for a little crafty news... Jackie is on holiday so I think I can safely show you the tag that I made for her in our docrafts sparkly tag swap without spoiling her surprise.

Here is the front...you cant see most of the sparkles sadly, lots of rock candy stickles, crackle glaze and more...



and here is the back...I used Glossy Accents on the birdies front and back to give a lovely shiny finish...



I made the tag before I was completely toppled, but I have managed a teeny bit of crafting this week - a little batch of cards using Tim Holtz bug die:





Today I took delivery of a new die - the latest haunted house:



I kept looking at it, but thinking that well, I dont really 'do' halloweeny stuff...but then I SO liked the shape and decided it would be nice in pretty papers as a regular house, it didnt NEED to be a scary house. I had a little play with it today, just experimenting, and found it could be snipped, overlapped and wotnot, to make different shaped houses. Here is what I have come up with so far, but just think...fancy roofs, window boxes...nice!!!







Natty eh!

Well, another week of 'crafting leave' coming up - fingers crossed this will bring the turning point in my silly condition!

Oh, just one more piccie...this is for Netty! Just look at all my chillies Netty!!!



He he..thats Waitrose quality for you!

Thank you for popping by and have a great weekend you all!
Sue x

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!Thank god your back it was lovely to have a chat & titter on the phone yesterday with ella & me.

The office chicks are united in looking after audit until you return so no worries there although we do miss u lot's......

Yum Yum pie & mash & lovely liquor hope one has my name on it maybe I will steal one when I visit hee hee ^.^ x

We are soooo glad you are starting a bit of crafting that's what the doc ordered & us so gorgeous the butterflies & lovin the new die.
Netty the chilli plant looks like she is going well Woo Hoo miss green fingers.
Looking forward to your next week blog ohh and I may deliver you your NEW business dress lol as we have nearly 70 boxes arriving on Monday yikes that will be Me,Ella & Alison doing abit of checking off.
Now rest up & do as the doc & pyhsio ordered lot's of sparkles coming your way and be good with Dad's debit card lol.......
Lot's of Love & hugs Lesleyxxxx oh & graybags (He is glad your back to blogging.)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lucky I hadn't eten anything before I saw that pie picture....how could you!!! But the haunted house looks lovely....
Sparkles for your hip!

Anonymous said...

Well really Sue its ok for you laying there in the lap of luxury spending someone elses money (good one that) and eating pie and liquor what about the rest of us lol....you owe me at least one really big cream cake I'm thinking! Still we came through in one piece I think but with a few more grey hairs (good job I'm due for streaking hair session soon.)

What a pain...excuse the pun..that you have to wait till Oct for a scan hope the pummeling will make you abit better tho.

Loved the card you sent this week and the ones on your blog are good two but then I love butterflies.

Hugs Lee xx

DGgirl said...

Hi Sue

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere with your dodgy body!!!

It's funny though - my OH had a really painful shoulder and turns out it's relatde to when he fell from 2 thirds of the way up a telegraph pole when he was about 10 years old (and that wasn't yesterday or the day before LOL!!!).

Glad to see you're still managing to fit in some therapeutic crafting to keep the boredom at bay ;-)

Can't say I like the look of your food - an acquired taste perhaps?

Gillx

tea_bag said...

So glad you are finally on the road to discovering exactley what going on with your back hip. Yuk Yuk yuk the green snot looks awful what does it taste off? or do I want to know that? The tag and cards are wonderful I love the haunted house die, its really good it can be used in so many ways, looking forward to seeing how you use it. Your was it peppers, or chillis look wonderful

hugs alma xx

SusieJ said...

It's not only Gina gagging at those pics Sue!lol
Glad the hip is easing a bit and loving your crafty work.
Hugs,
Sue xx
p.s. I will email you re hip and MRI scan.

Hi it's Maria said...

first of all I NEED that chilli plant, cost me a bomb buying them every week, lol.. do waitross still sell them sue or are they seasonal?

secondly sorry to hear you're still not sorted, but pleased to hear you're a little better, sending you lots more sparkles...

love the cards and the houses...

hugs
maria xx

Carole said...

Such a pretty sparkly tag Sue, Jackie will be chuffed to bits I'm sure! Loving the butterfly cards too.

I'm sorry to hear about your back/hip but hopefully they will have you sorted out soon.

Well done for sneaking the Sharpie pens into the Tesco delivery - cunning!!!

Hugs and lots of sparkles

Carole xxx

Netty said...

Am not going to mention the food OR those CHILLI'S, sob sob. My one and only chilli was cut up very tenderly and put in my Vindaloo Veg Soup. So thats it, end of my one and only chilli. Haven't managed to get to Waitrose yet, but will get there.
My goodness how wonderful to find out all that is wrong with you... did they find anything good about your body.....just what you needed to hear Sue, to brighten your day, I don't think.
Love your tag and cards. Great idea about the Haunted House die, must order one of those now.
Take care and hope this all gets sorted soon. Hugs Annette xx

PS for Lesley....can I help it if my fingers are all colours of the rainbow EXCEPT Green..........lol

CoventryAnn said...

Hope you are feeling better Sue, love the chillies, ours aren't ripe yet :)

dottygin said...

sue i was eating my muslie, and i switched you off. thats discusting. how can you eat and enjoy that snotty dish. it also looks likes frogs spawn. yukkkk yukkkk yukkkk.
i love your long table sue, id love one that size.
your tags and cards are beautiful. i love your new halloween die. im sure there is lots you can do with it.
lots and lots of sparkles for that dodgy hip of yours. i hope the physio can work wonders on it.
lots of hugs gina xxxxxxxxxxx