
Actually I was rather more reclined than I appear here, and I have my coffee table laden with all that I need - lappy, tea, ciggies (yeah, I know!), pills, books & mags...and a walking stick to hand for those moments when Ive had too much tea...you know what I mean yeah?
My day began full of pain but also full of hope, as the weekend was over at last and I could ring the surgery and shift my appointment forward from Thursday and get myself some really magic pills that will actually work!
Of course you may be thinking...what planet is she on, and indeed you would be right. Having started off at no.10 in the queue, I eventually get through to the gestapo on the desk...but beg and weep as I might, the very best she could do for me was Wednesday...sigh! Yes, she could have fit me in with another strange doc this afternoon, but I havent the energy to keep breaking a new one in, so I declined, through the sobs, and accepted Wednesday before she changed her mind!
Once I pulled myself together I figured that I needed a new strategy for dealing with the jippy hip - I couldnt go on squealing around the house for two more days trying to carry on as if things were normal. So I decided to set myself up a nest on the sofa...as described above...take root and budge for noone or nothing all day long! I had my lappy tuned into Facebook so I could keep tabs on my shop and my cafe...and I did pretty well I have to say, I had the odd snooze, slurp of tea and read of my book - and as the night approached, I have to say my day of being EVEN MORE lazy than usual has been a great success!
I can now step out into the kitchen, albeit with walking stick, without pain...woohoo! This is progress indeed and a huge relief as I really was losing the will to live...
Tonight, and perhaps more importantly, first thing in the morning will be the real test. Up to now I have squealed and squirmed with the effort of getting into my bed, and well...getting out of it in the morning has taken a good half an hour - I just didnt know which bit of me to try to move first such was the pain. Is it too much to hope that tomorrow will be kinder to me.....?
Whatever, I am looking forward to getting to my bed as the living room is now like an oven...its that 42" radiating a million degrees at me again, and I am dripping..ugh! Okay, I think there may a 'tropical moment' going on here somewhere too, but once I lay out on my cosy princess and the pea bed with my fan on turbo boost, and my magicool in hand......I will be fine and dandy!
To show my appreciation of you putting up with my moans and groans, I have found rather an amusing item to show you (as I googled 'mad woman on sofa' for this post).
How would you like a sofa like this...and do you think DFS have one in their sale (that ends SOON!!!!)
Can you believe that someone somewhere thought this was a good idea??? Scary!
Here's to a happy Tuesday - another day of taking it easy me thinks!
Sue x





6 comments:
I bet a man designed that sofa!!lol
You obviously need to rest more Sue - try the same technique today and then hope the doc will give you more magic pills - sounds to me like you may not be back at work next week.
Hugs and sparkles for jippy hips etc.
Sue xx
p.s. I love your "nest" - may just have to build one for myself for tomorrow - I'll be home alone in my suffering - ooh, a Twilight fest!
Sue you'll have to get rid of the stick by monday or I don't know how your going to zap zap zap with one hand he he! On a serious note I'm really sorry that its got worse and not better while you've been off dispite your trip to the doctors last week. Hope thay can sort you out this week.
Have a nice snuggly day while I'm doing the zapping and the usual tuesday routines (default and bar codes don't we just love them lol.) Mind you I wouldn't want to try and have a duvet day on that sofa!!!
Happy Tuesday Lee xx
Hi there. Really hope the doc can sort you out 2moro. Your nest sounds great, I need to get me one! The sofa in the pic is very wacky, I wouldnt know where to sit!
Jackie :-)
oh sue what a horrid way to spend your holiday, sending you lots of sparkles that the doc can find a magic cure for your hip...
maria xx
Oh Sue, it does sound awful, and I hope you get some more help tomorrow and an x ray - unless you've had one already and I missed that x
Aw Sue I hope your hip is better soon, I have the same prob with my knee!! do you think it could be an age thin perhaps. Anyway me lovely hope everything else is ok with you. I havent heard from you for a while but im back in blogland with tonsillitis!!! you take care, sending you loads of love and healing June xxxx
Post a Comment