Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vacation Day Four - and what could be the highlight of my fortnight!

...more about that in a bit!

Owing to circumstances totally beyond my control - ie: waiting for my cargo shorts and ipods to become ready to stock my shelves, and that darned onion soup to be ready to dish up, I got up rather late! Its Facebook of course...15 minutes turns into an hour, then you think to yourself, well I might aswell wait for the kabobs (?) to cook as they will only be another 20 minutes, and before one knows it its about 3 a.m.!!! Then, when I finally tear myself away from the bloody pc, telling myself that it really REALLY doesnt matter if my caramel apples burn, or if I have empty shelves - I just have to have a read of my murder & mahem before nodding off...and we are now looking at 4 a.m.!

So having set the scene, it will come as no surprise that I didnt slither out from under my duvet until gone midday lol! Well, when I say slither...its more of a creak and a groan situation. such is the ageing process and being afflicted with the hip from hell...sigh!

Lets get the 'hip news' out of the way eh... Today has been pretty grim hip-wise, mostly because of the sneezing. Why oh why does a sneeze shatter ones hip??? It literally feels like something will burst - SO painful, and this is then followed by an inability to walk - a bit of nuisance as you can imagine. But ho hum, tomorrow at 9 a.m. (yow!!!! I just sneezed again!), I will be at the quacks begging for mercy! My usual doc is too busy, so I will be seeing a different one...Im not sure how this will go, sometimes it can be a good thing but on the other hand, I prefer continuity - and she would have been able to see how much worse I am since taking the tabs she gave me. But maybe this guy will have some new ideas - I do hope so....I dont want to scare you Lee, but if this doesnt ease off I can see some crafting leave following my holiday - 'yikes' says Lee! Anyway, enough about that!

So to the highlight of my day and very possibly my whole holiday..lol! I was sitting at the pc (where else?!?) when I was feeling rather peckish having had nothing to eat all day...Dad had had his fish and I was going to have a grotty pizza out of the freezer. Lets face it, they are okay for a snack but for the main event...nah! I decided that I would get myself up the Mall and nab myself a Subway - that would be tasty and would last me all evening. But then I had a much better idea...why not drive all the way across town and get myself a 'special' pizza - my most favourite pizza in the whole world - and thus I winced all the way there in the car, and suffered the indignity of limping across the busy road to fetch myself this feast...how yummy does this look:



How can one get so excited over a pizza I hear you ask? Well, pizza from Pinocchios is to die for - I have been going there for about 25 years and they never let you down. The same family has run the place the whole time, and being an independant place, its nothing like the Hut or Dominos...its simply divine!

What about a close up....



Yummy yum yum....and I have a couple of slices left for brekkie!

Crafty-wise I havent completed anything today - not least because I have a battle to shift this claw-ridden creature off of my crafty chair...



Looks cute doesnt she.....but you try picking her up and lobbing her off the chair, cute goes out of the window and savage flies in!

However, I did a bit of prepping - I die-cut and decorated a few words, and even did some stamping which I shall attack with my colouring pencils later....



Its a little something to show for my day eh...!

Well, as I have to be up early for the doc, I will NOT be taking a look at facebook again tonight (please please please...give me the willpower to not look!!!!) - I need to slither back under my duvet and catch some Zzzzz's or I will never wake up in time!

Have a happy Tuesday folks, and Lee...dont forget the default & barcode reports today...snigger snigger!

Cheerio for now,
Sue x

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The Pizza looks good - but for breakfast???? Have a nice day!

SusieJ said...

Hope the doc can help you Sue - sending gentle hugs and sparkles.
That pizza looks yummy and all for you - enjoy your breakfast!lol
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

yummy pizza but NOT for breakfast, lol...

maria xx

sue-bubbles said...

Get out of it...its the best breakfast EVER! lol!
Thank you for the sparkles girls!
Sue x

Anonymous said...

Well Sue hope you got on ok at the doctors. After our walk yesterday, about 4 miles, everything didn't seem so bad as my feet and legs hurt to much for me to notice the rest Ha Ha.....I've loosened up abit with the zapping this morning and I'm pleased to report bar codes and default checked LOL.All in all a pretty sucessful morning off to have my hair chopped now.

Snuggly sparkles xxx

DGgirl said...

Hi Sue

Hope you got on OK at the doc and that they were able to give you something more effective for your pain.

Pizza - love pizza - and that looks sooooo yummy. Love your stamped images and am looking forward to seeing how they are used in their final form.

Hugs and sparkles.

Gillx