Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vacation: Day Two.....stash heaven here we come!



..but first a little close-up of my hydrangea...while it is still alive!

Hip still jippy, but hey...its demo day at Colemans, Lesley is itching to go and needs some company, and Ella needs her scissors so what can a gal do? Go and limp my way round every inch of the place seeking out scrummy stash thats what!!! For the first time, believe it or not, I needed a wheely basket as the regular ones werent big enough..he he! Only because the Goody Bag was so crammed full of scrumminess...



Ink pads, papers, card, glitter, all manner of stickers and also mirror tiles - in shocking pink! And so much more - a bargain at £14.99

A few more bits and bobs....



Masks and embellies, the odd stamp, gorgeous butterflies and some card blanks - only because I cant get to the vast supply I already have!

Just a few more little bits...



...a sweet Maya Road tin full of felt birdies and branches, gorgeous brads, a box for my sizzlits (the others are full!), some big buttons...oh how lovely!

Then, the minxy Lesley bought me a couple of little pressies...



Some big sparkly gems and a wooden kitty head box which I have been challenged to transform into a thing of beauty! Thank you Lesley!!!

As Im sure you can imagine, all this stash shopping was utterly exhausting! Lesley had to rush home to knock up a tirimasu - I hope you had a nice dinner party Lesley and I hope you didnt forget to ask your doctor friend for a diagnosis for me...he he!

Me, I had a battle with the kitties as they both escaped out the front door - they are not allowed out the front, and Daisy ran away practically around the block! Hopalong Cassidy here had a right old battle getting the beggers back indoors and that nigh on finished me off! Still, new stash to drool over is a good anaesthetic eh....and now all my shopping duties are done I can properly rest!

Speaking of kitties, look at the state of Bubbles paw...I dont know what she had been up to!


I told her 'go and clean yourself up Madam, this just wont do!' And she did..and cant you see her looking just a bit ashamed of herself but showing off her nice clean paw...



Ah well, I suppose I ought to show you some evidence that I do actually do some crafting occasionally lol! Here is a card I made using various dies - swirly embossing for the card, then cut with the background shape....then I used my wonderful new HUGS die - I love it, and I have 'thanks' and 'hello' too - I think they will come in very handy! Anyway, here it is, and I think I know just the person who is in need of it!



So there you are, a busy and exciting day two of my hols. Im looking forward to a more restful day tomorrow...Ive already started the crossy as sis is away on her hols, we have the grand prix to watch and hopefully a bit more card making with those dies and my new stash!

Wishing you all a happy and restful Sunday, and sparkles to all my buddies with achy bits!

Sue x

8 comments:

Netty said...

Wow Sue I thought I had spent a lot but you must have really broke the bank........lol. So sorry we never got to meet am disappointed but searched everywhere for you. Great card by the way. Annette x

SusieJ said...

Love the card but even better is your stash haul!lol
I got the goody bag last week and couldn't believe how much loveliness there was in it - bargain!
Enjoy the crossword and GP.
Sparkles for your hip.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow Sue, you have really been to town again! Enjoy your new stash, and if it doesn't fit in your emporium, you know my address! Love the card, too. Take care of your aches and pains, my dear! Did the cat use one of your stamping pads????

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Sue,
Who let the cat's out meow meow
That will be me then sorry about that.
Bubbles did you wash that paw or was it your mum ?.
Oh why did I not get a goody bag drat next time !
Yes consultation is being done today and the pud was yummy.
Thanks for a good visit can't wait till the next one
Sending lot's of healing hip sparkles your faithful apprentice
Lesley :) :) :) xxxxxxx

Hi it's Maria said...

fab card sue, (yes I think I NEED that die, lol)..

good stash haul as well, sparkles for your hip though, hopefully you can rest it for a bit now and just sit in your comfy chair and craft to your hearts content...

maria xx

Hi it's Maria said...

for to say, OH MY GOODNESS about your plant...

(are you sure you didn't get that pitcure off the net, hehehe)....

maria x

Anonymous said...

Great pics of Daisy.
I'm sure you must have left some stash still on the shelves at Coleman's but I can't see how...lol
Good luck with the hip...Mgt.x

jackie(worcs) said...

Hi there, sorry your hip is still giving you probs :-(.
Love your card and as to the stash ...well YUM!
Jackie :-)