Okay...I know we have had a weekend inbetween my last post and this, but there are limits to how witty I can make 'slept, played on facebook and slept some more' sound lol!
I had a good weekend, ie: no nervous breakdowns...but then having the right 'fix' in the house made all the difference! I did feel myself going a bit wobbly on Sunday (again), which doesnt make sense as thats my favourite day of the week with my sister here most of the day, and the fun (?) of the crosswords, but as I say...pop a happy pill and all is well..phew!
The hip, leg and bum cheeks have been playing up a bit, but then I was warned that things could get worse before they get better so I guess that is that bit kicking in. So far though, no blisters or cystitis or other horrid things, so all in all, things are going pretty well. Another session today, and I have to thank Carol for braving the weather. It was the absolute pits today...winds and rain, and blooming freezing bbbrrrrr! She has the ordeal of finding a parking space and dashing through the elements to get to me. She very kindly drops me off at the doorstep of where I need to be...a few steps to the lift, then a few more steps to the waiting area - and then she goes to fetch the car to pick me up again. I know I keep saying it, but Carol you are a star and I am very lucky to have you supporting me through this 'adventure' xxx
But of course, the day cant go too smoothly can it, and I just knew it would be the gestapo at the docs surgery who would upset the day....sigh! We popped in there on the way home from the hossie to collect my prescriptions, only the gestapo had decided that there were a couple of items I could not have as I had asked for them too early..tut! The paperwork was confusing it has to be said, but the bottom line was, I was been given two weeks worth of these particular meds and then couldnt have any more for a month! Obviously a normal person with an ounce of common sense would have questioned this with the doc, but no...we are not dealing with normal or sensible here are we. Righty, so I need to speak to the doc, no you cant, well she said even though you will say that I cant, I am to tell you that she says that she will.....mmmm.....we've been here before eh! I was angry at myself for not getting more uppity and insistent but they really do get the better of you. However, I did manage to get a promise of a phone call later from another doc...I wanted my doc, and I know my doc would ring if she knew I needed it, but gestapo lady said 'no she cant'. So I just had to wait for the phone to ring and hope that I would get someone nice. And thank goodness I did....phew! She could see the problem straight away and really took the time to listen to my concerns - I thought I was going to have to make a special appointment with my own doc to get this all organised once and for all, but no...she kindly re-jigged my meds to just how I need them, and has done a special extra prescription for the things I need now. Better still, as the surgery is going to be closed tomorrow for training (as obviously noone is going to get sick tomorrow!?!), she will drop the prescription into the chemist across the way so that I can collect it from there. So all's well that ends well, but why this pigging battle every time???
Im sorry, I realise that this is a boring lot of twaddle, but this is the highlight of my days at the moment and you're just going to have to share them with me lol!
It was parcel day once again - yay...but this time not stash (the stash is due tomorrow). I have given up on the murder & mahem that I usually read, preferring things to make me laugh. So todays gems to arrive were: Happy Slapped by a Jellyfish by Karl Pilkingon, An Idiot Abroad..also by Karl Pilkington...have any of you been watching the series on Sky1 - it has been hilarious? And then I have 'My Sh*t Life so Far' by Frankie Boyle - I know he is VERY rude but I do find him very funny so that should be a good read. Plenty to keep me chuckling there anyway.
My appointment with the zapper is rather earlier tomorrow - 12.10, so I shall be having to get up early to give my body a chance to unravel and take in enough tea before I start my day. An early night would be in order, but thats not going to happen as I have all my neighbours to visit on facebook, and I do love visiting my neighbours lol!
Very special sparkles needed today - firstly for Charlie, Lesleys darling pooch, he is poorly and very much in need of a visit from the sparkle fairy. Get better soon our Jelly Belly!
And lots of sleepy & healing sparkles for three of my crafty buddies....Im not pinching all the sleep now, honest!!!
Until tomorrow then, when hopefully I will have a nice little array of new stash to share with you...all I need to do now is find a space for it!
Hugs and sparkles, Sue xxx
Thursday / Friday Post - FFO and AFFF
1 year ago





9 comments:
Our surgery has the gestapo too! Maybe that's what all the training is about! Lol! You would think that they would understand your situation wouldn't you, words fail me!! Take care, CCx
So pleased you're not glowing in the dark Sue!lol
Seriously - I would complain about the Gestapo on the desk - that's the last thing you need at the moment - esp. saying you can't have meds - that's up to the Dr.
Sending you (and Charlie) lots of sparkles and hugs.
Sue xx
Hi Sue, sending yet more sparkles to help you through this week. Just to let you know I am still thinking of you!
hugs Alyson x
oh sue, it makes me so mad to read what you have to go through to get the meds you need, sending you (and jelly belly of course) lots of hugs and sparkles..
hope all goes well today and you get to collect your meds too..
and I must agree
***CAROL*** you are a ***STAR***
maria xx
hello miss sunshine, so pleased you dont seem to be suffering too much, apart from that nasty witch at the surgery. she really needs to be a little more human, sounds like she needs bloody training, like get a heart.com.
keep smiling hun sending u love, hugs and oodles of sparkles xx
Hello Auntie Sue,you & your friends are so kind did you want me to send mum to sort that nasty gestapo desk lady out!!!! how dare she treat you like that.......
I am getting better slowly and my drugs are kicking in and I can't remember much about the weekend only that I was snuggled up on my rug being nursed by my mum.
My vet has asked mum to massage my back legs to get them going and it seems to be working mind you I am 91 in dog years so not bad for a golden oldie..........
I am now awaiting results after some nasty swabs in my ears and then maybe they will get my drugs right we will see ^.^xxx
I am sending lots of woofy,waggy sparkles to you Auntie Sue and your crafting friends and together we will all go forward.........
Love from Jelly Belly/Baby aka Charlie the Golden Retriever xxxxxxxxx
Hello Sue,
So glad you had a good weekend and no side effects to date must be all that water your drinking.....
Or the big mac's lol...
Carol is a fabulous GEM!!!
Can't wait to hear about your stash delivery very excited.......
Thinking of you this week as the retreat continue's and keep up the good work on your meds.....
Would you like me to send the FOS trainers to said women on the desk and get her sorted once & for all does she not know that Halloween has gone blinking cheek!!!
Well I am in at 6am yes its promo time so sending lots of hugs & sparkles ..........
Take Care Lesley & Graybags xxxxx
How is it that the receptionists think they know better than your doctor......ooh sometimes you really just want to whack 'em. I had the same problem this morning. Am usually a very calm sort of person, so laid back I could fall asleep, but when I meet up with reception I seem to become the most wound up person in the universe..... thats enough as am boring everyone with my rantings. Take care tomorrow and hope all goes well. Hugs Annette x
Oooo ranting's GOOD for you Netty, never apologise for having a good old rant! Letting off steam has probably saved many a broken nose lol!
Sue x
Post a Comment