Saturday, November 6, 2010

Radiation - Day Three.....Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, my day started off very well indeedy....beginning with my usual very slow start until the meds and tea kick in, followed by a little read of the paper, and after two days slog, finally completing the sudukos in yesterdays Sun - I had just settled myself at the pc when a very nice man bangs on the door bringing parcels....stash parcels....whoopee! These were a variety of pretty papers and embellies from QVC who have lots of nice goodies in their clearance section just now (grab them while you can!!!!)

No sooner had he driven off, when Tesco arrived with our shopping...mmm I dont remember all those donuts falling into my cart....lol! Of course, because I was settled in my pc chair...and its no mean feat getting into my cosy position...no way was I getting out of it again to deal with said shopping, so it kept Dad busy for a bit packing it all away while I caught up with mails and my many facebook tasks....nice!

I spent the day relaxing and feeling very positive about things in general, then had a lovely phone chat with our crafty Babs. She is also afflicted with an alien upon her person just now...a suspicious little bugger on her nose. However, she is feeling very up as she has had bits cut out and now awaits results...and boy does she have a wait on her hands....until 7th December, yikes! The good news is that whatever it is will be completely treatable and she will get a pretty new nose out of it lol!

Anyway, so busy was I gossiping away I didnt realise the time when Carol turned up! This time no panics, no flying car passes, just her usual tales of her busy busy morning where she has been running around like a blue arsed fly - honeslty she wears me out just telling me about her days, AND I have to be twice as lazy to make up for her frantic activities just keep the world balanced....ah, its a tough job but someones got to do it lol!

So off we go, ding ding, its round 3. The procedure was fast and fine as always, but this time I did have a couple of sticky moments....one little wobbly feeling as we came down in the lift, but thankfully this passed and hasnt come back, and for a while after, the feeling that I had swallowed acid...bleh, not so nice!

This wasnt going to get in the way of our trip to Midwest however, where we ordered our scrummy big fat ranch style burgers, with bacon and cheese....oh and plenty of the most yummy chippies I have ever eaten on the side...AND BBQ beans AND coleslaw...well, lets push the boat out eh! We couldnt get home fast enough with car filled with this wonderful aroma, and we barely get our coats off before getting stuck in...mmmm.....yum! It was so delicious that even though I sensed that my body didnt really want to be stuffing its face in such a manner, I didnt care and if it decided to 're-visit' me later.......so-be-it!

Thankfully everything has stayed put, so then all I had to contend with was the irresistable urge to sleep, and sleep I did! I think I sort of 'came to' to see most of the soaps, but then the next thing I knew, Dad was nudging me at 10 to remind me that I needed to take my meds. On attempting to move, my body reminded me also, and in fact I had kind of missed out some top up meds by sleeping through...boy I was stiff and sore. But, I went out to swallow my various 'fixes' and in no time at all felt a lot better. I dont think I am feeling actual improvement on top of yesterdays little bit of improvement, but lets see what the morning brings. Ive two days off from zapping now - time for the bits of my body that are getting zapped but dont need it, to recover, and for the naughty bits to get cracking (not literally hopefully) on their retreat! Come Monday.....it will all start again....

Anyway, for me a weekend of......guess what......resting (for a change....NOT), and hopefully maybe some crafting. One of the kits I received today included a lovely scalloped acrylic album, and I have accumulated quite a lot of acrylic in various shapes and sizes over the last couple of years, but yet I dont think I have actually worked with any of it - what a minx! I just need to think up a suitable project and I will be well away...its just all that 'thinking' thats so tricky though eh! We will see...surely there is something I can get my teeth into!?!

Now I cant tell you how many times I have had to backspace/delete in getting this written...my eyes are so droopy, and I wouldnt be surprised if I have nodded off at least twice during the process lol! I guess that means its bed time...my hottie is already up their waiting for me to keep my tootsies warm (with my fan up at the head end to keep my top half cool)!

I hope you all have lovely weekends ahead, and dont forget - I am always eager to hear about any stash shopping trips...complete with lists! lol!

Thank you for popping by!
Hugs & sparkles, Sue xxx

10 comments:

SusieJ said...

Yay!!! Stash parcels! What better to cheer you up Sue? I'm still waiting for some of mine but promise to do a special post on my blog just for you. :) I've been taking photos as things have arrived.
Have a restful weekend Sue..with a little light crafting thrown in if you can manage it.
Hugs and sparkles,
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Sue so glad you have had yet another successful day sounds like the retreat is all systems go!!!!
Sending sparkles to Babs and hope all goes well with her new nosexx
I think it is good that the treatment makes you zzzzzzzz cause when this happens your body does some amazing things so Dr Lukey told me as you know I have my own personal Dr in training lol and is in awe of you Miss!
Babs & me have decided you need to write a book because you would be such a inspiration to others what do you think ? ^.^ ............
Well glad you stuffed your face and not to many donuts mind eh you need to be saving one for me.
Graybags is home from the Isle of Wight and sends you his best wishes and will be catching up today with your blog........
Unfortunately Charlie is a jelly baby again but with my TLC I will make him better fingers x'd
So have a restful weekend playing with your stash how lucky!!! & I am heading off to QVC to see if I can get some bargains.
Sending oddles of sparkles & Hugs from Lesley,Graybags & Jelly Baby xxx^.^xxx

Crafting to stay sane! said...

Hi Sue,
Hope you have a restful weekend so that you are feeling stronger for whatever next week brings!
Enjoy your crafting and hopefully the sun!
Hugs and sparkles
Alyson xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Netty said...

Ooh great we love stash. I had two parcels today, albeit very small ones. Two small Tim Holtz rubber stamps and the eagerly awaited Town Houses on the edge die cut. Can't wait to play but sob sob not until at least Sunday.......not fair, not fair.......
Hope the weekend goes OK for you and you build up your strength for another Big Mac Meal.......
Take care, Annette xx

sue-bubbles said...

Oh Netty, that town houses die is just gorgeous isnt it - got mine as soon as I spotted it! The wrought iron fence one is rather nice too...Im guessing you NEED that too if you havent got it already Netty!
Thank you as always for all your sparkles, they are working their magic very nicely ta!
Sue x

Hi it's Maria said...

just topping up the sparkles sue (and for babs too)...

enjoy your 2 days of going nowhere and be ready for round 4 on monday, hugs...

maria xx

Carole said...

No new stash for me here I'm afraid Sue, but I'm very glad to hear that things are arriving by the truck load for you!!! Can there be anything more guaranteed to make you feel better and bring a smile to your face than new stash?!!! Glad that your treatment is going well.

A few of us are going to attempt a Christmas Journal - check out our DC holiday home on FB!

Plenty of sparkles heading your way, along with lots of gentle hugs

Carole xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Stash and burgers, yummy! Hope the rest will do you just as good in the long run!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for stash to brighten our days!! Your lunch sounds fab too!! Will post a special stash post on my blog later just for you! My German crafty goodness!!

Anonymous said...

I had a few parcels semi delivered this week! Twice the postman tried to deliver whilst Peter was in the house but did he hear him not on your life...he did say he thought once he may have been putting out my washing....since when did it become my washing most off it was Adam's work clothes!!! The other time he decided the bell dosn't work properly....actually he may be right as one of Adam's friends said he rung it a few times on friday night. Anyway after two trips to the post office and one to a kind neighbour my parcels have all been collected and various christmas presents are waiting to be wrapped...I know Sue your saying couldn't she wait till christmas eve!I have said that I'm not writing my cards till the last week in November when I have a week off only so that I can send some to various countries round the world and they might just get there. My Aunt posted some to Canada last year at the end of september and they didn't get them till January!!
Anyway enough of my rattling on hope this week see's more improvement if only so that you can get back to doing your usual kind of zapping instead of me...this wednesday would be good lol

Lots of Love and million of sparkles Lee xxxx