Deary me, one minute I was on here typing up my 'happy post', then the next day....boy did I crash and burn, thats the only way I can describe it! My head decided to take itself off to the darkest of places and no matter what I did, I could not shake it off....as high as the previous couple of days had been, this was the equivelent low - not nice :(
I was right out of the happiest of the happy pills that I have, and of course it was a blooming Sunday so no way of getting hold of anything to help...so it was a case of deep breaths, telling myself that this WILL pass and simply waiting for it to do so. About tea time, I could feel things lifting a little, and believe me, every little helped, and I just kept telling myself...one more sleep then you can organise yourself a way out of this crisis!
Lo and behold, it was getting on a a bit...it must have been gone 9.30 when my Joe rings up....he is up at our local McDonalds and do I fancy a visit!!! He was on his way home from a halloween party up in Newcastle...though how he figures Northampton is on his route back to Cheltenham who knows...I guess he just knew that I needed a hug! It certainly did the trick Joe, thank you my wonderful son! I was still out of sorts, but I did at least feel that I could now cope well enough until daylight came.
Distraction is quite a good solution when you are having inner struggles - I found this out this morning as I encountered the usual argument with the gestapo on the desk at the docs! I had rung in about 3 hours ahead of the appointment I already had with the nurse, simply to ask if she could get my doc to write out a prescription for some happy pills that I could pick up when I got there. 'Of course she cant do things like that' says the gestapo. 'But my doc has said that she WILL do this for me, and I am to tell you that she said she would, so could you just please pass on the message'....tut! She huffed and puffed, and as expected, when I got to the surgery later there was no prescription waiting - the cow! But I had a Plan B, so sod her I thought.
I gets in to see the nurse who has this HUGE needle waiting for me...this was my first implant which will shut down the old ovaries. It was a bit YOW but I was beyond caring about things like that at this point and just winced and beared it lol! Then she persuaded me to have the flu jab. I had only resisted this as I had enough 'side-effects' from this and that to be going with and didnt want to add any more. But she said I really did need it as the radiation will leave me very vulnerable...and who needs flu on top of everything else, so in that went. Then I revealed my very best 'begging for mercy' voice and asked her if she could do me a huge favour...could she possibly ask my doc to do me a prescription there and then as I had had a pig of a Sunday and was desperate. NO problem at all....she just picks up the phone (how easy was that Mrs Gestapo on the desk!!!) and my pills were on their way...phew! My doc, who I know was extremely busy today, even brought the prescription down to me and asked if I needed a chat or anything...bless her! Anyway, a couple of pills later and I had left the dark places and rejoined the world of blue skies and pretty colour leaves falling from the trees....mega phew!
But hey, there is something missing from the above tale...lol! After swearing that I would NEVER get in the car with my Dad again, I actually felt rather too wobbly to drive so I did ask him to take me today! On the whole he was pretty good, there was just the one very near-miss, but we were nearly home AND I had the right pills to take to get over it, so all was well lol!
Now then, I wouldnt come along here and lay a pile of doom and gloom on you without ending on a high - well two highs really....one being brought about with the happy pills to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside again, and two...I actually completed my little project and am ready to show it off!
Here is the before...a tatty old thing I bought in the hospital charity shop for 30p

...and here it is blinged up with some of my bestest stash...and is just waiting for a nice little space on my emporium wall


I did take piccies along the way and will try to get around to doing a step-by-step slide show soon. It did feel so good to finish something it has to be said, I really ought to try that more often lol!
Anyway, a day off tomorrow from poking and prodding and time to start guzzling water - evidently this SHOULD help alleviate the side effects of the radiation which begins on Wednesday...yay! (I think! lol)
Hugs and sparkles all round, and thank you my friends for helping me through the highs and lows!
Sue xxx





8 comments:
Giving Mrs. Gestapo on the desk the "evil eye" on your behalf. I'd report her!
So glad you are back in a "happy place" Sue (oops, I should have had my flu jab too).
That wreath is awesome! Fantastic project.
Sparkles and lots of hugs for tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you.
Sue xx
Dearest Sue, Sorry you are having such a hard time. Just want you to know you are still in my thoughts and prayers. Sending a bumper boost of sparkles your way!
hugs Alyson xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello Sue, wow you really have been through the tunnel of doom, thank goodness the nurse and doc were so kind and actually human, where do those blumming receptionist come from, planet cold-ness im thinking.
how nice too you had a loving cuddle of your boy, children just know dont they, bless him, did he bring u back a Mcflurry??
I do hope you dont suffer too much of the side effects from the Radiation, like they said keep drinkning the water, with a TeaBag hey!! well will catch up with you soon, much love sue hugs and sparkles,
jennixxx
Sue will think of you this morning while I'm zapping away hoping that your zapping of a slightly different sort is doing its thing. And if you hear this funny strangled cry it will me zapping the bloody yoghurt again when the price has changed by a penny!!! Sorry to go on about the yoghurts but really every bloody week at least once if not twice they change the price!!
Lots of Love Lee xxx
Sorry you've been in a dark place Sue, but to get my own back on 'Gestapo I would have shoved the prescription under her nose & shouted 'Thank You...NOT' on my way out.
Those lovely boys of yours - they sometimes have their uses these lads of ours don't, they?
The wreath is bright & cheery, so hang it up where you can see it every day....Mgt.x
Love the floral decration Sue, and am thinking of you. XXXXX
Glad you are feeling more cheerful.
These doc receptionists are just the pits........ but I bet she cannot make such a wonderful wreath as you. Ooh its gorgeous Sue. Take care, hugs Annette xx
sue, so pleased you got the tablets you so needed, (did you tell your doc what a pain in the a*** the receptionist was)...
sending you tons of sparkles and LOVE your wreath, well done you've done a fab job...xxx
maria xx
Post a Comment