Monday, January 17, 2011

A new year, a fresh start....and starting as one means to go on.....

by buying plenty of STASH - yay!

When I think about it, I suppose 2011 for me has been dominated by this particular activity thus far....with the Sizzix sale beginning on Boxing Day, and promptly doing its best to empty my bank account lol! Its always a hot sale, and although there werent as many items on offer as usual, there were plenty of real bargains to satisfy the NEED....well, eventually....as I did return to make three seperate orders! I havent photographed those yet - they would need a slide-show all by themselves, but I have actually USED one of my new dies to craft a new baby card for my very good friend Gina's son and girlfriend....and that I did photograph...







Cute isnt it...Im loving that nappy pin die, and it makes for a nice quick and easy card. The sparkly scallop is made using a die too - hooray for sizzix I say!

I have to say that crafting isnt quite as easy as it should be....as just look at the state of my craft room...



lol! What a pigsty eh! That comes from having a big clear up downstairs before Crimble - all the stash and other junk that had accumulated around the kitchen/diner had to head upstairs...and there certainly wasnt room in my bedroom for it! Not least because I made a very special purchase for myself and had to make a big space for it....oooo how exciting, look what Ive got....



Only a big fat 32" tele for my room...yay! And while I was about it, I popped a canva of NYC up on the wall that my sister had bought me the previous Christmas..about time too, and also a little cross-stitched 'home sweet home' hanger that I made some years ago. I rather like it and Im glad it now has somewhere to live! Here is a bit of a close-up of that...



Those photos are a little dull as the curtains in my bedroom are closed...I cant get to them to open them (with an Everest of stash in the way) so they stay that way day in day out lol!

Anyway, many parcels have arrived from sizzix and cuttingedge crafts...I cant let them down as Im sure I must be one of their very best customers, but on Saturday I actually got off my bum and went to buy some stash in person! The lovely Lesley came to pick me up and off we went to Colemans - bliss! They had had their sale the weekend before but neither of us were up to going then, but we figured it was worth a look this week as they were bound to have plenty of sale stuff left...and indeed they did. Also, there werent many people in there, so it was much easier to get around and look at everything (and I mean EVERYTHING, as you dont want to miss a bargain!), whereas by all accounts the previous weekend it had been bedlam. With me still hobbling around with my stick, I think I would have struggled, so it worked out really well.

Here we are with very happy faces....and nearly full baskets!



I was very pleased with my purchases as I found some interesting bits and bobs...and here they are...

Some lovely fancy die-cut frames, followed by die-cut houses...






Then we have a random collection...a brown stazon pad, rainbow buttons (for a certain daughter-in-law to be!), tacky glue, a fancy stamp set with acrylic block (only £2.49!), a baby feet punch (thats a hint to my boys lol!), and an x-cut prick and stitch template...only 99p and I dont have any of those so I thought at that price I would give them a go....



and theres more...a Martha Stewart punch (half price), another prick & stitch template, some pretty brads, and two packs of buttons - one being baby themed (hinting again lol!)...followed by a range of sparkly paper which is fab when die-cut!





Thats the lot...not a bad days haul eh! Now where to put it?????

I have to thank Lesley for taking me, and keeping an eye on me as unfortunately I have somewhat gone backwards in the recovery stakes which is a blooming nuisance! Im once again floating around with regular morphine, but having met up with my Macmillan nurse last week, she has instigated an appointment with one of their consultants this week who will order more scans and things. They will be the first since I had my intensive treatments, so we will see how that has all gone and what further treatment is needed to knock this pain on the head. I have to admit that it can all get rather scary at times, but I do feel very well in myself so Im optimistic that it will be something of nothing - maybe a little stubborn spot that needs a bit more zapping. Meanwhile I will float through the days on copious meds lol!

Craft-wise, I have started to stamp up and colour in some cupcakes...they are destined for cards, but its slowly but surely as always with me lol! I would like to think that I will be scrapping again soon as I have some nice photos from Christmas which would make a nice layout or three. Just in case I found myself short (ha ha ha) I did order some festive themed papers and embellies from QVC just before Christmas so Im all set to go.....as soon as I make myself some space that is!

Anyway, thats my year so far - plodding along nicely. I do hope all my visitors are well and havent suffered too much with the flu that is doing the rounds. I will be pleased to hear about your stash purchases as always, there's nothing better than sharing the joy!

Take care all, and I hope to not leave it so long until the next time!
Hugs, Sue x

11 comments:

SusieJ said...

WTG on the stash buying Sue! Don't feel quite so guilty now knowing I'm not the only one! Loving the sound (and look)of all your purchases. I didn't buy from Sizzix this time but did hit Craft Obsessions and Angel Crafts and ebay (cartridges for my Cricut).
Love your tv too - you can recline and watch in comfort.

So sorry to hear that you're still in pain - sending you lots of gentle (((hugs))) and extra strong sparkles.
Love,
Sue xx
p.s. when all my stash has arrived I'll do a blog post with photos. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, I had to look twice to see if it really was YOU blogging!! Welcome back! I am glad your place is even more filled than mine, this comforts me....enjoy your new stash! Hugs, Valerie

Carole of Brum said...

Hi Sue, nice to see your new stash. I think the size of our smiles are directly related to the fullness of our shopping baskets, lol. Sorry your are in pain, hope they can sort it out. Nice TV! Not had much in the way of stash myself, but it's still early in the year :) Keep smiling, coB

CoventryAnn said...

I'm suffering from stash envy Sue, my Sizzix parc el is being held to ransom by DHL, and they won't answer the phone so I can spring it :D

dottygin said...

fabulous stash sue, love the buttons and the very very very big hint to your boys to start producing. lol thankyou so much for the babies card, the picture doesnt do it justice as its beautiful.
love the martha stuart punches, i dont have any of those so perhaps id best make a start as they seem really popular.
love the houses and the frames are very pretty, cant wait to see what you do with them, well i suppose il have to as it takes them to be a year or more old before you use them. lol
enjoy the the tv sue it looks fab.
i think we need pics of the other side of your bedroom, it cant be more messy than the craft emporiam surely? lol
lots and lots of sparkles for your pain sue.
hugs gina xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Netty said...

OMG where the heck are you going to put all this stash, wonderful bargains though..........lol
Am so sorry that things are not improving Sue in the pain department, fingers crossed they will sort you out quicker this time as this girl has many craft stores to visit and things to buy.....lol Wow that is some TV and love your cross stitch hanger, its beautiful. Take care and hope you have a good week. Hugs Annette xx

Hi it's Maria said...

love your card,
love your stash,
love your photo,

but sending you tons of sparkles for your pain and hope it improves, hugs...xx

maria xx

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back blogging Sue, I need to know what you are up to! So glad you have been stash shopping with Lesly! That's a great way to feel better! Keep up the posting! Love CCx

Kate said...

He he he! Love the rainbow buttons! Don't worry, as soon as Joe and I are hitched we will do our utmost to help you utilise all those ickle 'patter of tiny feet' resources!
Love Kate x

dottygin said...

well nannie to be, roll on the wedding. when are joe and kate getting married?
hugs gina xxx

Anonymous said...

Well done on the stash shopping Sue -
I have those Artbouretum Frames & I've trimmed the 'outside-the-frame' flowers & made round frames with them.
I'm loving the basket ful of empty loo rolls in your stash, (oops I mean Craft) room BTW....only a paper-crafter would hoard those....Mgt.x