Today's the day that my crafty emporium really started to take shape, I am so thrilled with how its all looking I could burst!!!
The final shelf on the pink wall went up....here is Dad busy sorting out the joins...good old 'no nails'...his most favourite thing after WD40!
This shelf posed a problem being 24" deep. The largest brackets I could buy were only 12" so we sat and pondered over our morning cuppa about how we would tackle it....then brainwave - we were already putting the 3 small drawers at one end, so why not tuck the desk (with drawers) under the other end - I lose the desk kind of, but it looks neat and gives me a sturdy work area....just what I need for all that Sizzix'ing!
I think this looks so fab! I told my Dad, I feel like I have won the lottery with this room, he has been such a star....and come round to my way of thinking in the end...ha ha ha!
The space between the plastic drawers (which are brimming with paper...you can never have too much!), will fit another set of drawers and leave a space for a tote bag to sit. This is handy as there is a plug socket just behind there, and I will need access to that for any heat embossing I might do now Ive found all my bits!
You thought that was all the shelves done and dusted didnt you....but no, there's more! Remember I changed my mind and opted for 6" shelves above the worktop one, well that left me a pair of 12" looking for a home. So, these went high up on the opposite wall, and will hold all my paperbacks - hooray, now they wont be taking over my bedroom! I also hung a very pretty net curtain...I like nets, I think they are cosy!

One final job before calling it a day. I stuck two Brenda Pinnick embellies to the wall, banged a nail in each....voila, somewhere to hang my rulers!
Ive moved quite a lot more stash into the room....now Im working in reverse, and yes...the more I empty from my bedroom - the more that seems to appear lol! But I can see a few square inches of my bed so I must be getting somewhere!
I cant wait to get crafting in here...lots to do yet, the nearest I got to crafting today was popping my blister with my paper pricker...yuk...ha ha ha! I just KNOW Im going to regret doing that tomorrow! With a bit of luck the IKEA unit might see the light of day...Dad wants his hallway back!
Oh, lets get this posted before its Sunday! Thanks for joining in with my crafty emporium journey!!!
Sue x





5 comments:
Although my OH thinks he's looking at a bedroom here (men... what do they know!!) i'm loving your craft room... just need to wait for DD1 to go off to Uni.... :)
Oh Sue! Your emporium is really beginning to take shape! It looks wonderful! Great idea about the high shelf for paperbacks too.
Sue xx
WOW.....Its looking amazing hun. Brilliant work. Think how good you will feel when its all done. I cant wait to see that too.
Its looking fab! Bet you cant wait to start creating in there.
Jackie:-)
It looks well worth the effort Sue, now it's nearly finished & well done to Fred too...Mgt.x
Post a Comment