
But first, lets look at some scrummy buttons eh! lol!
Phew..talk about hot, apparently it is 90 degrees in my kitchen just now...and its hotter in my living room - where I am sitting - in front of the million degrees radiating from the tv...aaaaaggggh! BUT..I just remembered my can of Magicool - what a relief - Im spraying myself with a little mini ice-age every 5 minutes - its lovely!
Anyway, the day started off a lot cooler, with a lovely breeze blowing through the house....so I was able to get some crafting of sorts achieved today. Firstly, I finished the pen pot which I had prepared with paint the other day....turning this:

..into this:

..with the help of a selection of the above featured buttons - Foof A La of course...scrummy! The little drawer is perfect for storing spare craft knife blades - things I am always losing...so thats a bonus!
I then moved on to embellishing the crafty emporium itself - sticking things on walls and hanging up my lovely birdhouse - my little slide show below shows my progress. Out came the drill, and all manner of DIY 'stuff', and lots of fun was had - with no loss of blood at all....result! The only downer was the little hangy-uppy things I stuck under the shelf - inbetween the birdies....wonky or what! I should have gone to specsavers eh! I dont even know what Im going to hang on them...they just looked so cute in the shop!?! After that debacle I armed myself with a spirit level before moving on to others tasks. The room looks so much more tidy with these bits and bobs no longer lying about, Im so pleased with how its all looking...and its lovely to work in. Im one lucky moo - I do know that! A little bit more sorting and I think it will be time for an official opening - the cutting of the ribbon and all that....I wonder if Johnny Depp would care to officiate...??? Ah..I can but dream!
Anyway, before I sign off...I havent forgotten to dig out an 'interesting fact' of the day. Given the heat, I thought it might be nice to have some chilly thoughts to cool us down, so here it is:
In 1999, residents of the state of Maine in America built the world's biggest ever snowman. He stood at 113ft tall.
*UPDATE* Owing to popular demand (by Bev)...I sought out a photo of this giant snowman...and I think this picture explains how they got his head on...ha ha ha! Go HERE to have a look!
Thats one heck of a snowman...I bet it wasnt as cute as my Barney though!
Thank you for popping by and sweet dreams to you all!
Sue x





5 comments:
Wow! love that bird house - your emporium is looking fab! Can't even imaging a snowman that big - how did they get his head on?
Sue,I am coming to play now!!!!
That Snowman is Fabbo!
Hope I did'nt wear your ear out yesterday still cooler weather today the rain has come yippee time for the sunflower's to have a big drink!
Have a lovely crafting day your devoted apprentice Lesley :)xxxxx
Your emporium is looking great Sue!
Thanks for the snowman pics - no, he's not as cute as Barney!
Sue xx
p.s. If Johnny Depp does open your emporium can I come too?!!
lovely photos sue...
am stamping my feet now...
I WANT TO COME AND PLAY...
your room looks great sue...
maria xx
wow fab bird house, beautiful and the box, superb, Jan x
Post a Comment