Saturday, August 1, 2009

Friday...a day of torture!!!!!!!!!!!

Get up early...torture in itself, and head for the dentist....




...who is many many miles away, and no way am I suffering Dad's driving AND the man with the drill all in one day, so I drove myself there! This proved trickier than I expected with my left arm giving up about halfway there! I nearly turned around and came home, but then, when you have to wait 3 months for a darned appointment, you just have to get there dont you! I pulled over for a bit, had a stretch and a few deep breaths and went on my way.....all that effort only to have the DRILL inflicted upon me, good grief! And boy, did that man drill - for the best part of an hour!!! However, having been threatened with root canal, which fortunately I have never had done but have heard about (ouchy ouch!), he found that he did not need to do this. My broken tooth was sharpened to a point and a natty temporary crown popped on. 'Do not eat or drink for a few hours' he said....okay....so I came home and had a cup of tea - well really, after an experience like that what else can you do! I dont appear to have fallen to bits so Im guessing I was okay with the tea!

Anyway, all that driving and shivering & shaking in the dentists chair left me well ready for the next stage of my torturous day - my second session with the physio! One good thing...with the piggy flu restricting visiting hours at the hospital - finding a parking space was a lot easier....'every cloud' as they say! Well, I warned my man David that I was in a delicate condition after 'my morning', so he agreed to be gentle with me......gentle, they dont know the meaning of the word!!! An hour later, out I came, once again pummelled to within an inch of my life!

It was all I could do to divert on the way home to head for the shopping centre to post a couple of bits and buy cakes and trifle...along with some doilies to be creative with , and some knickers - a random selection I agree, but some nice treats as a reward for my being brave!?! Oh, WH Smith also lured me through their doors where Scrapbooking Trends called out...'buy me, buy me' - so I did, and a very good book it is too! Tons of inspiration without all the adverts!

I got home, crashed on the sofa and thought...crikey mikey, what a day! And then slept...and slept!

I think I have at least a week, maybe two, with NO appointments...thank goodness for that!!!

Tomorrow....back to crafting!

Have a great weekend! Sue x

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Ouch! Well done on avoiding root canal work (it ain't nice!).
You deserved a nap and some treats after all that.
Have a great w/end Sue .
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

oh sue sending you lots of sparkles after what you went through, one of those would have been too much in anyone day for me, let alone both, ouch...

also thought you were having an early night?

hugs and sparkles for your poor arm too...

maria xx