But first, just take a look at the state of the dotee that I've had dangling from my handbag...

What a grubby little face you have Miss Dotee...sorry, but Im in an evicting kind of mood....so move over as here comes Miss Raspberries and Cream...

However, she is not alone...she has sisters - see how pretty they look...

Im so pleased at how these little ladies turned out. All thanks to my apprentice Lesley who NEEDED a new dotee to hang on her gorgeous new pink handbag - a nice little bonus spend there Lesley! At our last visit to Colemans we loitered in the 'pink bits' area and picked up ribbon flowers, sequins and beads (you can never have too many sequins and beads!), and those gorgeous tassles - I SO need more of those tassels! I rootled in my fabric pile for just the right pink, and came upon these pretty raspberries...in fact I found I had fabrics with all manner of fruit and veggies on - I could make a little range of dotees lol! I made four so that Lesley and I could refresh our handbags, and the others were for two lovely ladies on the dc forum who had recently lost loved ones and needed a little cheering up. You can think happy thoughts of your loved ones ladies, when you see your dotees dangle!
While I am here, let me tell you about my day yesterday....aaagggghhhh! I had an appointment for a little cosmetic surgery. No, not on my face...though boy, could I do with it, but just a little tidying up of my battle scars after my boob reconstruction. Firstly, I told Dad to just drop me off....we are only 5 minutes away from the hospital and I could ring him to come and collect me when Im done. But no, he insists on waiting with me....so no moaning Dad about the waiting, and waiting.....and more waiting!!!
We are sitting in an empty waiting room - no tele, radio or water fountain...for an hour and a half before I get called in. But that was just phase one of the waiting game it seems as I am ushered into a room to gown up, have my blood pressure taken, a fetching little bracelet attached before I am left to wait again - assurred however that I am the next one in. I stare at the walls for what seems like another hour before I am moved into yet another room...but this time the operating theatre is in sight so this must be good. But oh no, another era goes by before I hear my name called, but then there is some kind of kafuffle and they decide to take someone else in before me! Four hours have passed by this time and honestly, I could take no more...I was getting rather tearful by now so I had to beg for my clothes back (which they had hidden) so that I could make my escape. I know they are busy people, but these werent emergency cases...I just kept getting bumped down the list which just wasnt fair. The lingering in those waiting rooms was taking me back to other long waits I have had there which were not so pleasant or stress free....and it was getting to me - so I left in a huff and they will send me another appointment....tut!
How lovely it was to get home....then I nipped up the chippy for fish and chips, made a cuppa or three and all was well!
So I sit here still sporting my bumpy bits....but at least I have a gorgeous new dotee to dangle from my bag!
Thank you as always for popping by!
Sue x





10 comments:
Awww Sue, how pretty are these little dottees?! They're absolutely lovely Sue, and sooooo cute too, I adore the little beads and rasberry fabric, just perfect!!! How thoughtful of you send them to people who have lost loved ones, I bet they will adore them Sue. And I'm sure your handbag will look fab too!!!
Poor Sue about yesterday, how awful for you! I'm glad you treated yourself to some fish and chips to cheer yourself up, and lets hope your next visit goes so much better than this one did :)
Big Hugs!!!
Suzie xxxxx :)
Awww Sue, how pretty are these little dottees?! They're absolutely lovely Sue, and sooooo cute too, I adore the little beads and rasberry fabric, just perfect!!! How thoughtful of you to send them to people who have lost loved ones, I bet they will adore them Sue. And I'm sure your handbag will look fab too!!!
Poor Sue about yesterday, how awful for you. I'm glad you treated yourself to some fish and chips to cheer yourself up, and lets hope your next visit goes so much better than this one did :)
Big Hugs!!!
Suzie xxxxx :)
I thank you Sue for my fabulous dotee.
Miss Raspberry & Cream is dangling with pride and turns a few heads down them aisles in Waitrose.
Poor you with yesterday still we look forward to your next instalment looking forward to seeing you later.....
Lot's of love Lesley :) xxxxx
The dotees are gorgeous Sue- well done!
Your treatment at the hospital was appalling! Don't blame you for leaving.
Sue xx
you poor thing, lots and lots of hugs comming your way.
i dont blame you for walking, and i bet if the staff were honest, they would have too.
your poor dad must have been a stiff as board sitting for 4 hours bless him. i too would have felt tearful, it must have been totally over whelming by the last hour of waiting.
im glad you were brave enough to walk, and had a lovely fish supper to cheer you both up.
your dotee dolls are beautiful, lesley is going to love hers.
how kind of you to make some for the girls, who have had a sad time of late. im sure it will bring smiles.
hugs gina xxxxxxx
Your little dotees are beautiful as always Sue I have just hung the little green one you sent me on my birthday with her big sister on my red handbag, its looks wonderful :) I love the colours of your new one so cute alma
Poor Sue, so sorry you had such a shitty afternoon, I think these people need training in how to handle patients. Drink lots of tea today, and enjoy looking at your beautiful little dotees. Love & hugs & sparkles are on their way.
Hi Sue
What a lovely way to spread some cheer to those who need it - the sisters are absolutely gorgeous!!!!
As for the hospital - I'm appalled. Worked in NHS for 20 years before ditching it but at the risk of sounding like my granny - wouldn't have happened in my day!!!! Hope you've got over the trauma of all that waiting around. Rest assured - they'll know you the next time Sue.
Hugs to you and yours - furry or not!
Gillx
Well Sue have worked out why I didn't get the txt that all was well for this morning either I didn't send you my new number (which I thought I did LOL) or you haven't up dated it on your phone. Still I for one was really glad to see you this morning just a shame lumpy bits were still in attendance lets hope for better luck next time!!
Thanks for a good mornings zapping and for bringing in that beautiful Bubbles page.
C U tomorrow for more zapping fun LOL xxxx
oh sue sending you tons of sparkles for yesterday, I'm so sorry to read how you were treated and understand fully being tearful would have been like it too...
bigs hugs coming your way
maria xx
PS love your little dotee's, so cute...
Post a Comment