Dont fall off your chairs, here I am again...3 posts in about a week - welldone me lol!
I do love blogging, and blog-hopping too, as its lovely to share ideas and thoughts with like-minded folk, and its a nice way of keeping in touch with people I might otherwise lose touch with very easily. I have to apologise for my slackness in the blogging department of late but sometimes it can be a bit tricky. Its now coming up to 6 months that I have been off work and pretty much immobile - thank goodness for online shopping I say - groceries, stash, Christmas and birthday gifts - the web is surely a godsend eh! But a regular dose of my online shopping activity would rapidly become rather boring I feel, and as its been virtually my only activity for the last 6 months (cant be bad eh! lol!), it has left me with very little to waffle on about in my own little corner of the web.
Inbetween buying random stuff, my time has been taken up with my various treatments - another line of converation that has the potential to bore the pants off you all....well, it does me, and Im on the front line 'enjoying' it all (not!) But as I seem to be a bit stuck in a rut treatment (or rather recovery) wise, I thought to myself, Im just going to have to put a bit more thought into this blogging malarky to make it more interesting......and then my mind went blank lol!
So then, while I continue to ponder on the thought of how to liven this place up, I will share with you...guess what - my latest retail activity and a little bit about where I am with my treatment lol!
Firstly let me show you this sweet little cushion that literally did fall into my basket this week at Tescos....
...aint that cute, cupcakes, they are everywhere now arent they!
...here's Bubbles trying to snaffle the cherry off the top!

I simply couldnt resist it, and if & when I can finally reach my crafty room chair, it will look a treat sitting on there!
My next purchase is a natty festive outfit ready for next year. I found this on QVC reduced from £56 down to £11! A bargain...what can one do!


I absolutely adore jackets that shout at you and I own quite a few, so was so pleased to trip over this one, and it has a lovely sparkly Christmas tree on the back too...they wont miss me coming when HOPEFULLY come next year I am out doing some real festive shopping!
No stash do I hear you say? Well, of course I have purchased a little bit (or maybe that should read 'a small mountain') of stash, but mostly I try to spirit it up the stairs and blend it in with all the rest before Dad notices its arrival! All that huffing and puffing in exasperation cant do him any good eh! However, I do have a little bit to show you - this is a ribbon kit I subscribe to from Angel Crafts - its a montly kit and as you can see, it includes lots of lovely extras as well as pretty ribbons...

Its a lovely little treat each month, wondering what the colour scheme will be, and what extra goodies will be in the bag - they are always gorgeous and I highly recommend them lol!
I will try to get a few more stash photos in the next week as it was Craft Day on QVC last week and somehow or other, a few little parcels will have found themselves addressed to me...sorry Dad lol!
There is a bloke who lives round the back here in one of the elderly peoples bungalows. I was speaking to him out the front earlier and it seems he and his wife are moving out this week - they are not going far, but need a warden controlled place now. I know his bungalow is gorgeous as I have been in there once or twice...so when I came back indoors I said to Dad..hey, perhaps I could put in for his bungalow as he is moving out - I could have it (the entire bungalow) as my crafty space... Dad just grumbled - 'it wouldnt be big enough, you would need next doors aswell' - ooops lol! He cant complain, he is the worlds worst hoarder of the most ridiculous junk that one would never ever use...and lets face it, I have his genes so its all his fault, I cant possibly help myself!
Right, a little update on where I am treatment-wise. Well, things started to go very well leading up to Christmas as I had been given a new tablet to add to all the others and it really did make such a difference. I was much more comfy, and although still needing the stick to get about, I was a lot less limpy and a bit less slow. However, since Christmas the pain has rapdily crept up on me again which is very disappointing. I have my own nurse now who I can see whenever needed, and she has increased my pain meds significantly which make me more sleepy rather than address the pain to be honest. But she did refer me to a different consultant who I saw this week, and it is her opinion that maybe there is bit more Mr Nasty down my leg that they havent identified yet. It does make me mad as from the outset I complained about pain down one leg yet they have never scanned this area. SO...next week I will have a bone scan, and as this is a top to toe job, we will at last have a fuller picture of what is going on. This may sound scary but it isnt really - as long as any further disease they find is away from the area that has already been radiated, I can have more radiation and that will solve the problem. They cannot zap the same place twice as I believe it weakens the area and you risk breakage of bones, but as I say...I feel that they will find a seperate area in my leg...which of course could have been zapped along with the rest if they had bothered to scan me more fully in the beginning! The most positive thing about seeing this new consultant though was, she was very good at explaining what is happening and why the pain occurs. She was so reassuring and optimistic for me that I felt really good after seeing her, despite the thought that there is likely to be more disease to deal with. But hey, its going to be dealt with properly now so all is good! How I long to discard the blooming stick - the kitties have too much fun kicking it out from under me, or I get in a right tizzy in shops struggling with shopping, handbag, stick all in one go - its a bit of a nuisance and I will be happy to be rid of it! It will be lovely to get back to work too! I didnt think I would ever hear myself say that as the thought of retiring and crafting all day long sounds very attractive, but I miss my friends..and strangely - my zap gun! lol! But hopefully I will be turning the rights corners very soon and at last can get back to normal and on with my life!
Oh well, there you are - plenty of waffle for you to be getting on with, and I promise I will ponder as I said on how I can make this all a bit more interesting lol! Thank you for the comments that you leave, I do so appreciate them not least because it lets me know I am still connecting with you all. Now for a bit of blog-hopping myself to see if I can pick up a few tips!
Have a good week everyone!
Hugs & sparkles, Sue x





16 comments:
ROFL at your Dad! But wouldn't that much space be awesome!
Loving your purchases (must check out QVC).
I reckon you should make more of your stick when out and about - a few whacks here and there etc etc.
Hugs,
Sue xx
p.s. I'm going to email you about the rest of your post. xx
<is there any stash left in England now?! You sure have a collection. Like your Xmas Jacket, I would have bought it, too, and a good price! Hope they soon find what s causing the pain and do something to help!
it deffinitly is your dads fault you have this craving for more stash. at least you can and will use yours, as your dads collective items has passed there sell by date. i just remembered the weetabix under the stairs. lol
roll on next friday sue, and then the consultants appointment in feb, and they can get zapping away again on your leg.
youve handled all this with humour and such bravery. i know you have the odd down day, but you soon kick them into touch.
lots of hugs
gina xxxxxxxx
After reading your great post about your wonderful buys (love that jacket...mmmm) and needing a bungalow, no scrap that, you need a warehouse to stash your stuff and to work in. Plus this blooming leg of yours which is totally disrupting your life style, methinks you need to start Art Journalling all this into pages. You are a fabby scrapbooker so shouldn't cause you any problems....and anyway I want to nosey in your Art Journal....lol There are loads of free courses on the web to give you ideas and doesn't take up any room...Perfect.... Wishing you a much better time ahead dear Sue. Will be back to check you out my girl and see what you are doing.....lol Hugs Annette xx
Hi Sue
I have not commented before, but am getting used to this blog world, and now am placing comments here and there on blogs I love to read. At the start reading peoples blogs felt a bit like what I imagine a stalker to be!! But now I do realise that is what the blogs are for...reading!
Just thought I would say you never have a boring blog post. I started to view as I loved your scrap book pages (used to view on Docrafts). Love you humour so clicked to be a follower of your blog. Thank you for your posts.
I thought I would share a blog I follow that has some lovely techniques now and then, though you may like it.
http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com/2011/01/technique-calendar-prep.html
sue lovely lot of stash and love your christmas outfit, we all expect a photo and LO of you wearing it next christmas, lol...
as for Mr Nasty, they will get the little bugger and you will be free of that stick..
but not so sure I want you back at work zapping those yoghurt, could be a bit cold in the chill aisle...
sparkles for friday...xx
hugs
maria xx
Hi Sue, had to laugh at you whisking new stash upstairs to blend in with the rest.....I do that too!!! LOL. Sneaky, eh? tee hee. Good luck with the scan and further treatment, like you say, at least they are doing it properly now and you sound confident in your new doc. CoB
Glad to see the shopping has not been impaired Sue! I'm sure your stick could do with a bit of "Alteration" Befitting a crafting queen! My auntie has flowery one! Lol!
Hi Sue - Hooray for internet shopping!!! Loving all your purchases, crafty and non crafty!
Sending you lots of hugs and sparkles for your next appointment and hoping that they will be able to identify and sort out the problem.
Carole xxx
Hiya Sue, love your new xmassy outfit - v groovy.
im going to have to look out for one of those cupcake cushions too.
Hope all goes well with the next phase of your treatment.
Jackie :-) x
LOL at your Dad I love your little cushion I do love cupcakes they are so cute and get them while you can I say:) I love your monthly surprise package I love this month colour and the extra fab little people. I simply love your christmas outfit I am also a lover of a loud jjacket or two, and such a good price I dont blame you for going for them.Sue you been such a star handling all your treatment with such humour and even posting out birthday card and having a giggle with us girls, you had theodd bad day but have pulled yourself out the other side your a star, so the sooner they zap this little begger the better hugs and sparkles always alma xx
Glad they are listening to you Sue, but i LOL at the thought of you being tripped by the kitties, little devils aren't they? :)
... and you are after a whole house for your stash, I can't even persuade OH to let me have a craft room!!!
Hi Sue
What a wonderful long chatty post - just the kind I like! Like you, I adore the ribbon kits - so jam-packed with goodies.
I'm glad they are listenining to you finally about that leg of yours and will keep my fingers crossed for the results.
I miss my bouts of internet shopping but am seriously trying to save some money to spend in the Big Apple, esp. as Michaels have now opened a store in mid-Manhattan - yippee!!!!!!!!!!!
Right - must get on with some of the work I'm paid to do *Sigh*.
Hugs and sparkles to you missus!
Gillx
Hey Sue where have you been!!! Nothing much changes with us still zapping away although I must admit not done many yoghurts of late lol. Auntie Lynn said your leg was playing up when she last saw you Peter said he did some good excersises when he had problems with his, had his cartilidge out in his knee which made all his leg muscles waste as he couldn't walk on it for weeks. Sit with a bucket dangling from your ankle above the foot then lift the bucket up and down putting things in it to make it heavier as you can manage. It helps strengthen the muscles again, He used to sit on the side in the kitchen and lift bricks in the bucket by the time he had finished!!! Well off to do the morning zapping speak again later Love Lee xxx
What you trying to do to me Lee...lifting my blooming leg up at all would be an achievement! A sandcastle bucket with just the one lego brick...that would be a start I guess lol! Im doing my best, I SO want to be back with you!
Sue x
We so want you to be back with us too Sue. Its been far to long this time. I'll catch up with Les, re all your news, tomorrow as she was speaking to you as I left today. Had a really messy day with the tickets. I think all the sections are stretched at the moment so things arn't getting done right but we sorted them all out as usual lol.
Anyway sending sparkles and hugs
Lee xxx
Post a Comment