Friday, November 20, 2009

Down to earth with a bump....or should I say DRILL!?!

Oh dear, if on a fun factor scale of 1-10, Wednesday's appointment was up there at no.10 - today's was most certainly...ooo...minus something! Today took me to the dentist...well, just about - the car was running on fumes by the time I got there and I was terrified I would run out of petrol on top of my forthcoming torture! Today was my second session of root canal - I had no idea this was done in sessions...each an HOUR long, two so far and we aint done yet...groan! She promised not to hurt me, and I have to say that on the whole she hasnt, but today the anaesthetic kind of wore off....just as she was digging right deep with that nasty drill of hers - YOW!!! 'No worries' says the jolly lady dentist [the bloke has binned me - got fed up of my moaning I guess!] -'NO WORRIES' thinks I, when its all I can do to stop myself punching her lights out!!! 'We will pack it up now, pop a temporary crown on [the very same one she had prised off earlier!?] and get you back again next month'...sigh!

I wobble out of the surgery, hoping upon hope that fumes will get me to a cash point...and that the said cash point will give me some cash with which to buy petrol - or I wasnt getting home! The fuel warning light flashed - it even beeped at me, and I knew that bombing my way down the dual-carriageway wasnt helping any..but I couldnt help myself - I'd had enough! Thankfully, the hole in the wall gave me my last £20....but then I spotted across the way...SUBWAY...! Despite needing every drop of fuel I could get, to last me until payday - Im afraid my willpower was at a low ebb. Hang on a minute, what willpower - I have NONE, so it was a cheapy 6" SUB of the Day for me...tuna (mmmm?) - then toodle around to the filling station for eighteen quids worth...that'll do, and if not, I'll have to throw a sicky...ha ha ha! Only kidding Lee, honest!

Anyway, I get home and what is Dad preparing for tea....steak! Yummy yum yum generally, but pretty tricky when you only have half a mouth, and chewing of any kind is a tad sore. Woe betide the person that turns down Pa's dinners though, so I winced my way through it......then spent the rest of the evening on the sofa getting over it and my day!

Ive just eaten my Sub - well, about half an hour ago now....that will sit very heavy as I sleep, a tuna with all the trimmings and lashings of mayo is rather sickly....but kind of yummy at the same time lol!

So you see Lee, its not all scone scoffing and nipple fun for me while you are doing the earlies and all my zapping lol!

Back to work on Monday...sigh...but a weekend of crafting first - lots to do!

Have a fabby weekend one and all!
Sue x

9 comments:

SusieJ said...

Sparkles for your poorly mouth Sue and extra special ones for a great weekend of crafting.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue I do feel your pain, I've had pain from my impacted wisdom tooth (Stupid name for a tooth!!!) this week. Thought I just had a sore throat but was the blasted tooth.
Enjoy your early morning next week....if its any consolation I will still have to be up in the mornings as the boiler is beening replaced...will also be cold as will not have any heating for at least 2 day possibly more....great!!!

Enjoy your crafting weekend

A shivering Lee xxxx

Lesley said...

Ouch Sue,not good that root treatment and you have to go back next month!!!!OMG.
Our Lee is on hols next week so I do hope a restful holiday is in order & a nice zapping break :)x
Good Luck Monday morning,think of me at 9am when I get my boob's clamped.....
Have a super crafting weekend.....
Lot's of hug's Lesley xxxxx

CoventryAnn said...

in my opinion root canal treatment is legalised torture... hope it's all done by Christmas Sue.

Hi it's Maria said...

sending you tons of sparkles for your mouth sue, and have fun crafting this weekend....

maria xx

Anonymous said...

I'd have all your teeth out Sue.
Think of all the stash money you'd have if you didn't have to pay the dentistevery time.
As I've said before....Dentist ? Licence to print money....Mgt.x

jan said...

Hi Sue, sparkles for you and best wishes for next dentist appt,
Jan xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Sue, I think you shouldn't be let out without being accompanied by someone responsible....

Anonymous said...

sue, i was clenching my teeth together just reading about it.
your really brave.
hugs gina xxxxxxxxxxxxx