Saturday, April 10, 2010

Breaking News!!!!!!!!!



I just IRONED something!

Now then, anyone who knows me...and even anyone who doesnt but sees me as I am out and about, will know that I just dont DO the 'i' word.

So what brought about this moment of madness? A visit to a garden centre of course! Not any old garden centre, but one of those that sells all sorts of (expensive) goodies. I'd only gone along with my sister who had bought a pair of shoes half price and wanted another pair. But these places have ways of sucking you in - especially with 'offers of the week'...and so was my fate.

Firstly, I had to have a pair of half price shoes too...I mean, how can you pass up such a bargain! Im still not sure if they might be old lady shoes (Im not even convinced that they are not SANDALIZED shoes - OMG CC!)...they are certainly comfy enough - but they will look nice with my crops I thought. Along with the 'half price for this week only' shirt set that I purchased. This included a vest, shirt and a kind of over the shirt kind of shorty cardy - I dont have the shape for that, and I wont see 17 again so that wont see the light of day, but the other two bits seemed like a bargain so I snapped them up before it was too late.

Now the clue should have been in the name of the store - Cotton Traders - which explains why, by the time I got my goodies home, my lovely new shirt looked like it had been through a creasing machine....you know, that machine our kids own, judging by the state of them when they come to visit, or men whose wives are away for a few days!

Well, it has sat languishing in the carrier for a couple of weeks now, and I figured the time had come to face the inevitable and fetch out the instrument of torture and be rid of all the wrinkles. I shall wear it tomorrow, with my sparkly crops and my probably sandalized shoes....

....and then it will go in the wash...

....which means it will want ironing AGAIN...

Good grief, is it worth it....bring on the polyester!

Anyway, after my ordeal I think I need to pop an extra pill and have a lie down...

7 comments:

SusieJ said...

ROFL! That'll teach you! Take stuff out of the bag and hang it up - poor shirt!
Can we please have a photo of the outfit? Complete with shoes of course.
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

OH MY GOODNESS SUE....DID I READ THAT RIGHT....

in fact when I read the first line, I had to sit down in shock, the read of the post was a blur after that, (did I read that right, sue ironing?)

you MUST take a photo of yourself in your new attire, and scrap it for prosperity...

now you take things easy today, I'm not sure I can take any more shocking news like that...

maria xx

Anonymous said...

Time for a photo shoot Miss Bubbles,sounds like a great outfit!
Have a lovely day I too have the dreaded ironing to do later still back in the garden today to finish what I started yesterday the annual "office chicks" sunflowers are now about 2 inches lol......
Sending lot's of sparkles your apprentice Lesley xxxxx

Carole said...

Blimey oh Riley!!! Sue B Ironing?!!! I can't have heard that right!!! I'm actually quite surprised that you could find the iron let alone remember how to use it!!! LOL

Wonders will never cease!!!

Carole xxx

dottygin said...

you moo, you said pop along and have a read of your blog, i just sipped tea, and it went everywhere. lol iv just wiped my laptop, now im wiping my chin. it even went up my nose. lmao.
im in shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sue i never thought id see the day, your iron comes out and your the force behind it. lol
yes we want to see you in your new attire. you owe me that much. lol lol
gina xxxxxxx

cannycrafter said...

"Clonk!"




That was my jaw just hitting the ground!!!!!!!!!
a) you have ironed (shocking enough!)

b) You have succumbed to a pair of SANDALISDED SHOES!!! ARE YOU MAD WOMAN??????? HOW OLD ARE YOU?????

(Apologies for the shouting! I am in shock!!)

tea_bag said...

I am in shock now you said the i word and even worse you did the "dirty deed" and it seems you are not content with doing it once you intend to do "it" again dear me I come over all peculiar. Now as for the sandalised shoes...whispers to you so noone can here ...I have to have them because it all I can wear as sandels but dont tell CC or she will thing I,m over 50 shh so what if I am ...now I really must go lie down, you understand I am in shock alma xx