Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hugs for Gina and weekend purchasing news...

First, oodles of hugs for our lovely Gina who is a poorly bunny just now...







We are all thinking of you sweetie and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Well, Friday brought pay day, and we know what that means.....HIT THE STASH TRAIL!!!

As luck would have it, Colemans the crafty heaven had emailed to let me know that it was demo day yesterday...AND that they would be having a selection of Martha Stewart punches at half price! Well, I love these punches but they are a dear do right, so the chance to nab some bargains was too good to miss. So I set my alarm and dont fall off your chairs, but I was up and atom at 6.30 on Saturday...thats 6.30 A.M...on a Saturday!!!! Plenty of time for tea slurping and the uncreaking of bones ready to be at Colemans as the doors open.

In the event I was two minutes late arriving and there was already a gaggle of ladies milling around the warehouse. But I didnt panic (much), I just looked here and there thinking 'where are they, WHERE ARE THEY??????', and eventually found them at the back of the store...phew!

Of course, as substantial as Marthas punches are, they did look a little lonely at the bottom of my basket, so I simply had to add a few bits and bobs to keep them company....



Here we have two large and very beautiful punches, one small one...a HUGE bag of flowers...what a bargain at only £8.99, a bag of Flora Doodles felt butterflies (as used on Ginas card above...gorgeous!), some tassels for dotees, a couple of bags of jump rings and there is a sneaky bottle of Tims ink in pink in there too.

But thats not all...bring on piccie two...



A lovely K&Company pad full of die cut flowers, leaves and birdies, some flowers for dotees and a cute set of clear stamps...surprise surprise, more birds and cages! Not a bad mornings work eh, and it was only half past nine!

I spent the morning decorating a match box for a swap we are doing over on docrafts. We are to fill the matchbox (the large Cooks matches type) with as many embellies as we can fit in it and we have been partnered up for the swap...such fun! Gill is my partner...poor Gill...what will you make of my creation? lol! I will post piccies, but of course this will be after all has been revealed to Gill.

It got to about 2 O'clock and it was all I could do to stop myself putting my pj's on...normally when I have been up for these many hours on a Saturday, this would be heading for bed time lol, so as I had to fill some time I decided to take myself up to Weston Favell (the shopping centre not half a mile away for my non-local viewers) for a mooch about to see what I could find. Its quite nice going up there on my own - I can go in and out of the endless clothes shops trying things on, without anyones (Dads) impatient sighs and groans. Mind you, I do find trying things on so exhausting...undressing, getting dressed again - mostly to go back out and get the size that is more likely to fit than the one you chose (sigh!), followed by more undressing and dressing....phew...hot work! But, I found myself a nice t-shirt and some cotton crops - well I say crops, but me being such a short arse, crops on other people are like regular length to me! However, a nice fresh cool new outfit for the summer, and Im pretty sure they will be tumble and hang - none of the ironing malarky, perish the thought! Speaking of which...you know that shirt I bought the other week, and which forced me to do the unspeakable - well, its a crumpled heap in the tumbler at the moment and Im wondering if those ironing services that you see advertised will take just the one item???

I say that, but actually I might have two items for them as I went up there again today with my sister and bought a pair of cotton trousers and another shirt which may or may not need the 'i' word.... Maybe I will get discount for a job lot at the ironing service eh!

Anyway, the result is I have practically doubled my wardrobe overnight - what a treat!

I have news on the possibly/probably sandalized shoes too. They may be comfy when you try them on, but I actually wore them out of the house today....and came back with savagely blistered little toes - ouch! Maybe that means that they are not sandlized shoes after all.......ah well, every cloud...lol!

Well, the good news is that I have a week off from work...yay! (sorry Lee!) I have the dentist on one day (what week dont I have the blooming dentist?!?), and on Friday I just might be going for a little trip to IKEA with Lesley as she NEEDS one of those baskets...you SO do Lesley! Other than that, lots of crafting, sleeping and more crafting...and NO zapping (sorry again Lee!)

What else......oh yes, I have been published in a mag!

But more about that next time.....!

Have a great week folks, and lots of sparkles on their way to Gina!

Sue x

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Sue

Been having a right old giggle at the blog...thanks for the mention twice!! Still doesn't help the fact that I'm on zapping duty all week just so you can have fun crafting and sleeping in...still will get you back at the end of May when its my turn!!!
Going to Mk today and hopefully will get myself some of those trousers that are supposed to be crop on most people but not you and I LOL. Have just about got enough energy after last nights AGM...you zapping on that chair to the music from Formula 1 was magic.

Have an enjoyable week and try and get some vitimin D

Love and Hugs

Lee xxx

SusieJ said...

Beautiful card Sue. And well done on your stash shopping. Love those flowers (and the punches).
Have a great week crafting.
Sue xx

Carole said...

Gorgeous card for Gina here Sue, she will love it! Fabulous stash too!

I've seen your article ... we are lucky to have you, and we think that you are the one who is so wonderful, generous and inspiring!!!

Hugs, Carole xxx

jackie(worcs) said...

Hi there, lovely card for Gina, right bright and cheery.
Love your new stash, I only have one MS punch, the butterfly one. That K&Co pad looks scrummy!!!
Jackie :-)

tea_bag said...

Wonderful card for Gina, I am sure she will love it. You did very well with your craft shopping such good bargains hugs alma x

CoventryAnn said...

Great stash Sue, love the birdcage stamp, the punches, the flowers.... etc, etc.....!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sue,

Well it must be something in our water as I too keep waking early.
Miss Bubbles we have a date on Friday if you can come to me as discussed on the am don't know what graybags would do if you arrived at 6 o'clock but it would be funny LOL!
A magazine feature do tell !!
And Lee is right partner's are gob smacked at how many ticket's us office chicks(even me)handles OMG was heard from one partner! so maybe the message is finally out there LOL.
I also have my new body from my pamper in Liverpool the kid's did good so can't wait till Friday to tell all the gorey details.
Have a super week & I'm off to do some zapping(that one's for you Lee B :) Love from Lesley
the apprentice xxxx

tartantaz said...

fantastic card for Gina, Im sending sparkles for her as I type. Id post on the forum but I cant get on it and they still havent replied to my email asking why, oh well best wishes to Gina

T x

SueB said...

Wow!!! Stunning card Sue!
And I am inlove with ALL!!! your stash, I WANT THOSE MS PUNCHES!!!!

Suzie xxxxx :)