Friday, July 24, 2009

..then Lesley came to play!




Hooray, and what fun we had having a mega rootle through my stash! No cable ties this time - sorry Babs, but Lesley is my boss, she could fire me or make me do routine zapping until my fingers bleed! Not just yet though, as she and I are on crafting leave...Lesley for giving WAY too many years to contemplate to Waitrose, and me - because I wanted a perky boob!

The lovely Lesley brought me PINK things....



...a very pretty cake made by her own fair hands, a cutsy bear and a beautiful necklace - what a lucky lucky girl I am!

Lots of stash rootling & planning of Lesley's new crafting hobby...and of course much reminiscing about good old Walthamstow in London. We both grew up there, and our paths must have crossed along the way with so many shared experiences...but we only discovered each other at Waitrose...what 3 or 4 years ago Lesley?

Dad didnt know what had hit him lol! He says you are quite a character Lesley...thats one word for it eh..ha ha ha! Poor Lesley, she got the 'during the war' tales, although I guess they are quite interesting first time round (rather than the 1000th!) And as you are my witness Lesley, didnt he say he was heading up those conifers again!!! I told him - 'the DSS see you, they will take your blue badge away!!!' He really enjoyed your visit Lesley, as did I of course..and I think you will be allowed round again! Thats assuming you wish to come...as I did inflict upon you - not only a description of my sore bits, but showed you them!

Lesley also brought me a HUGE sunflower...just getting ready to bloom. I would have taken a photo of it today, but it was thundering and lightening...and I think standing near something so tall would have been a tad risky - but it will make my blog all in good time!

Thank you for a wonderful day Lesley, and for all my lovely prizes....

Yummy...



...yum yum!



Sue x

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

Yummy cake Sue!
Lovely presents too - pleased you had such a lovely visit with Lesley.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, I have to say its abit rough you two rubbing it in about what alovely time your having what about the rest of us Waitrose chicks who are holding the fort!!!! Mind you I have just returned from a very pleasant if somewhat occasionally wet and windy 5 days in the Isle of Man (postcard on its way)so can't really complain. Am loving all the lovely pink things from Les just be grateful they wern't leopard skin (sorry Les!)She's getting good at the baking.

Lots of Manx cat sparkles (actually saw some too, well cats anyway)
Lee xxx

Hi it's Maria said...

Oh sue, sounds as if you had a lot of fun with lesley...

...love the gifts, and wow the cake looked yummy...

maria x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,It was lovely to visit you,Dad & your emporium WOW!!!!!!
I have know got a cunning plan to turn my small bedroom into a lesley den what do you think ?
I feel so blessed to be one of your playmates and was dazzled by all your stash!!!!
Also I am so glad that Bubbles liked the Sunflower and to meet Daisy who I am sure is a Leopard cub in disguise.
As Arnie said I'll be back!!!!
Love & Hugs from Lesley your apprentice : ) xxxxxxxxx for Fred,Bubbles & Daisy.